Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 05:00 PM   #1  
Back fat Be Gone!

Unhappy Nervous and NEW

I've had success on WW but lately it hasn't been working for me. I was diagnosed with ulcers and it seems like the only foods I've been able to eat were high in carbs, which has now caused me to CRAVE carbs (sugar) all the time. I used to only crave sugar during TOM, but now it's everyday! I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I need this 2 week detox, but I literally feel like I'm a drug addict getting ready to check herself into rehab tomorrow instead of a regular person starting a diet tomorrow. I just want to make sure that I understand my eating habits before I start: 3 meals a day, unlimited low fat proteins, with vegetables and 3 snacks??? Or can I snack whenever I feel hungry as long as I am eating the right things? I am a total night snacker, but HATE breakfast in the morning, sometimes I can't even get anything down before 11am.

My weight now 144 (and I'm only 5ft)
Goal Weight 120
Old 09-23-2004, 08:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

sugarholic, I've moved your post to here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post678911
so that it'll get more attention...
Old 09-23-2004, 10:03 AM   #3  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi Nervous and New! Welcome

I just started this week on Monday so I'm new too. I'm following the plan just like the book lays out because I have problems with portion control. I imagine that is why I didn't lose well on other low carb plans. I can't weigh myself everyday because I get discouraged so I only weigh in on Mondays. So far so good.

I'm a sugaraholic too except I can't sleep restfully when I'm binging on sugar so I've had a great restful week since starting the plan. As a fellow sugar freak I should warn you that some of the "low carb" candies can trigger my sugar downfall just the same as if they were made with sugar.

Everyone here SBD is very nice - you need to join everyone for the am chat (which really goes on all day) it helps motivate me for the day and keeps me from cheating later in the day. I would send you a link but I'm not that savvy at this forum business yet.

Good Luck!
Old 10-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sugarholic, it sounds like maybe you have a lot going on. If you eat unlimited amounts of anything, you are going to gain weight. One of the best parts of SBD is that once you detox (and you are definitely detoxing...it's a lot like rehab, I imagine!), you will no longer feel like eating everything you see!

Go through Phase 1, eat normal portion sizes, LOTS of veggies, a decent amount of protein and about 1.5 cups of dairy, your allotted portion of nuts, and make sure you include beans and no more than 75 cals of non-nutritive sweets. You can do this. The craziness (sugar-withdrawals) will last from 3-5 days, and if you can muscle through it, you will feel so much better after!

We're here to help! Check out the recipes (the taco bake, stuffed chicken, and almond chicken are all great recipes!) and come to us for support. You can break this addiction!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #5  

I'm new here too, and nervous, I just stated SBD yesterday and I'm hopeful this will really work for me.

I'm happy to have found this place, I know I'll run out of breakfast ideas soon!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Canadian girl! How nice... we don't get many Canadians in here.
Closed Thread