Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-18-2004, 05:25 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat, September 18th and 19th

Good Saturday Morning,

Gee I was all ready to sleep in today then at 5 am BONG! my eyes opened as wide as can be....so here I am waiting for my coffee to brew. Man is it raining hard out there.

I have to go on yesterday's thread to catch up.... bbl.

Whatcha got planned for the weekend ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #2  

Today we're going to the local tracter pull. It is a compatition(sp?) to see whose machine can pull a huge weight the farthest. In truth, it is an excuse for the locals to drink a few beers, eat a few hamburgers and visit. I want to go just to get out of this house. I've not been away except to go to my DD's on Thursday and I have cabin fever. I had a meltdown yesterday. The stress is getting to me.

Tomorrow we have to attend church because Roger has to help with Communion distribution. After that there is a Bible class and then we'll do some shopping.

Am trying hard to hang in there. I can't clean, do laundry or do much of anything. It's very difficult....
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. It was so wonderfully warm here yesterday, so I had most of the windows open last night, all night. I love night breezes.... but my dog started going beserk about 5:30 AM and woke me up. I let him in (I think a cat was silly enough to try and come into the yard) and of course he kept snorting, panting, and huffing (we affectionately call him "SirSnortsAlot"...not his real name )... so, by 8:30 I gave up trying to get back to sleep, let him out, made coffee, and here I am

I was so tired last night I went to bed before 10:30. You have to know that's a minor miracle for me.

Work has been very busy. I'm in education (used to teach) but now am a special education administrator. Sept. is always a busy month, getting all the newly transferred students with special needs settled with teacher assistants (hiring teacher assistants too!!), helping schools with programming for some of the more challenging situations, kindergarten screening, vision/hearing screening and so on. I love my job, but it does get a bit overwhelming at times. I'm working on rearranging ways and times that my predecessor used to something more manageable for my style.

Thanks all, for your support over what has been an extremely tough summer physically and emotionally for me. Our son has apparently moved in with a roommate. He phones hub on hub's cell now and then, but won't speak to me. That's ok... I know him... in a few months he will be very remorseful and "make up". And in the meantime, we both need that time for some big healing. He had his court date earlier this week, and due to the fact he did the 21 day rehab (even tho he was out drinking by the following weekend) and his demeanour in court, he had charges dropped IF he paid restitution for the damages he did (which were minor so I'm hoping that's now taken care of), has to do 25 hours community volunteer (at the Humane Society.. my son LOVES animals), and stay alcohol free for 6 months. Well, the first two will be easy anyway.

I'm thrilled with the physio's assessment. I don't have to go anymore unless something happens so I'm faithfully doing not only the exercises she gave me but the trainer too. She only nixed one trainer exercise, and that was specifically for the lower back. She's given me an alternate to do. I haven't been in to see the trainer for 2 weeks now. I usually go every 2 weeks, so I better get that appt. made.

I haven't weighed what I now weigh since 4 years ago. I feel so much better. People are starting to notice, tho mostly in my face. I've always worn fairly loose clothing, so no one has really noticed (or at least said anything ) about any other part of me. I was so down on myself when I started all this, I refused to take my measurements. I started doing it a month later when I realized how much better I was feeling, etc. I've lost a total of 6 inches since then, plus whatever I lost that first month. Be nice if someone said something (co-workers) but, I also know what people can be like about other people's weight loss...

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here You all are an amazing bunch of ladies!!!!

PS.... gonna pull out my blue jeans and try them on today ... keep your fingers crossed!! It's been four years since I last wore them!!

Last edited by JudoMom; 09-18-2004 at 10:37 AM.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:06 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Just got done making the beds the tree's look like their gonna blow over (from hurrican Ivan) DH's was just down to his shop picking up everything b/c he will flood for sure.

JudoMom, did the pants fit ? thats always an awesome feeling. Its been about 5 years for me to fit into my old jeans and I'm dying to do so. I will. Sorry to hear about DS. I really hope he will come around soon. Life is to short to waste it that way. I'm amazed at all the stress you managed to lose weight BRAVO to you !!!!

Tippy, have fun at the tractor pull. I know exactly what your going thru living in a house that is being torn apart and/or fixed up. Had no closets for 6 years, so I lived out of boxes. The total time it took us was 10 years, start to finish, but thats ripping down the existing and putting up from the foundation on up new. NEVER AGAIN lol. My back couldn't handle the work, neither could my brain. I was skinny then though hmmmmmmm !!! lolol way. Hang in there, its gonna be a long process so keep it in your mind to think happy. You can do it lady.

Well I better get my arse up and vaccum this living room. THEN I'M DONE !!!

Hugs !
Old 09-18-2004, 01:35 PM   #5  

Leenie, no, not yet... but the good news was I got into them, zipped them shut can't walk in them but I'm getting there! *LOL.. maybe 5 more pounds?
Old 09-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

There you go, an incentive (sp?) !!! you'll do it, I just know you will.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #7  

silly silly me... the pants I tried on were jeans I wore 6 or 7 years ago... found the other pair I wore last.. THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (so now I gots me a pair that fits and a spare for incentive loss!!)

*WAHOO!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 11:55 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.....it has been a rainy & overcast day.....DH & I went downtown in the afternoon today. DS2 called today.....he lives in Victoria.....we had a nice chat.

DH & I rented the Lord of the Rings.....the last movie & watched it this afternoon.

Leenie.....I know how you feel.....I woke up at 7 today.....didn't get to sleep until midnight.....DH was snoring.....so I went down the basement to sleep......I am one who needs 8 hours of sleep to feel good.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 04:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Good Afternoon Gang!

Well we all survived yesterday and boy am I glad it's over! We moved, load and unloaded furniture for 8 hours and it was 100 degrees outside again. I finally figured out a way not to be hungry tho - you just get so dang hot and tired that you can't eat. I had a small banana nut muffin for breakfast when I got up and did not eat a bite until 8 last night after I showered and cooled down. But I did drink a lot of water during the day. I was afraid I would be sore today, but it's not bad at all - I'm just weary but no sore muscles!

Leenie - did you sleep any later today? I know how it is girlie, you are use to getting up early for work all week long and on Saturday and Sunday your body is just use to waking up that early.

Tip - how was the tractor pull yesterday? where did ya'll shower today for church? at dd's house?

Judomom - GREAT BIG CONGRATS on getting into the blue jeans! that's a major accomplishment and you have done really well with your weight!

April - how did you like Lord of the Rings? I loved those movies. We have all 3 on dvd. That reminds me that my brother borrowed them quite awhile back and I need to get them back.

What's everybody doing today? It's a little cooler here today, like maybe it won't get up to a 100 today, but only around 90 - that would be much better then it has been!

hope everbody has a good day - think I'm gonna go sit in my nice big comfy lazy boy recliner and look at a magazine - if I don't fall asleep. hehe

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-19-2004 at 04:14 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

oops! I almost forgot to tell ya'll ....

I got on the scale this morning and it said 198. So that is another pound I've lost, which makes it 11 lbs down!

wooooooooohooooooooo
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 04:41 PM   #11  

WOOOO HOOOO Cathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!