General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-17-2004, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default ediets???

Has ne one tried this site/plan? Did u have ne success w/it, what r ur thoughts about it???
SugarRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #2  
I lose I win

well they said there not taking any new customers, so im not sure.

While we understand that you would like to join our community, due to your age and limits of our program, you can not join at this time. But, this doesn't mean we don't care! Remember, whether you're a teen or an adult, whether you're eight or eighty, the best advice for a healthy body is to to eat a balanced diet including fresh fruit and vegetables; avoid too much added sugar and fat, and keep active

Last edited by yearninforsomeburnin; 09-18-2004 at 07:20 PM.
yearninforsomeburnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:23 AM   #3  
resident lactivist

I've been with eDiets about 2 or 2 and a half months now. It's a very good program; it's just not for me.

I joined eDiets because I find planning menus to be a chore. They will give you a menu plan tailored to whatever diet you choose--and they have a ton of diets, everything from Atkins to American Heart Association to SlimFast to Body for Life. You can choose to have certain things not included in your plan, like soy, meat, or egg substitutes. You answer a questionnaire about your activity level, & they assign you a calorie range; no matter what your plan, your menu will fall within your calorie range.

So what was my problem? Well, I guess I'm a picky eater. They assign you food pretty much at random, and what they offered me the first time around was pretty much never appealing, so I'd have to dig into their database to find something that I did want to eat. And since I have a dial-up connection, it frankly took forever! It was just such a headache for me to do this that I finally gave up on them. I haven't been paying any attention to it for probably two or three weeks now; I'm just being lazy about not cancelling.

It also drove up my grocery bill. Even with their "convenience/recipe" hybrid plan, where breakfast & lunch are supposed to be simple things and dinner slightly more complicated, it was all pretty involved, with lots of ingredients and whatnot. So that was another strike against it for me. Also, even though I had selected to not be given recipes with egg substitutes, I constantly was! It was quite annoying.

Here's a link to a thread I started right after joining eDiets; it will give you a lot more information about them (I hate the way they're so mysterious until after you sign up!):

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44425
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:33 AM   #4  

I am not a member of e-diets, mainly because I am a skin flint and don't like paying for something I can do myself, but I feel it is the finest program out there, bar none. It allows you to conform your type of eating to what will work for you, the charge for the service is not astronomical either. It has been rated the highest diet plan for like 5 years in a row or something. I am amazed they advertise then, if they aren't taking new people. I just got an e-mail from them and this site even has an ad for them.

Good luck

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:00 PM   #5  
resident lactivist

Quote:
While we understand that you would like to join our community, due to your age and limits of our program, you can not join at this time.
By that I'm guessing their refusal had less to do with them not taking any new members and more with her being too young to join. (Her profile says she's 13.) They don't take pregnant or lactating (I fibbed on that one) women either.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote