Old 09-16-2004, 08:48 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat 9/16

Well, hope all is going well today. It's Thursday and only today and tomorrow of work before the blasted weekend is FINALLY here!!! Still OP and the scale looks like it might have tipped down a hair. But I'm not counting anything until Saturday morning (back to official WI day). Then I'm sure I'll blow it on Saturday with the chocolate torte. But ya know? I'm not worried. I'll allow that day and then get back to the swing of it. Got the great attitude going again (maybe cuz it's Thursday??). Off to work
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!

Hi B- just dump that choc torte right now!!! hahahaha

I went to the gym yesterday and then after had some tastes for the kis french fries and milkshake so pretty much messed up yesterday, nut today is another day and will hit the gym again!!

Have fun I am off to work!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #3  

Morning.

Brenda: I know you can go without the torte. Is it possible for you to find a substitute that would make you happy? How about sugar free chocolate pudding and whipped cream....may not be the best but will at least be better than the torte. I'm not preaching cause I know I would find it nearly impossible to resist it too. See if there is something....anything that you would eat instead of it.

Theo'sgirl: *sigh* french fries....the only thing I still have a hard time resisting. If they are on a plate near me I have to have one.

2 days OP....scale is moving down. Need to get the last 3 off to get back down to my lowest weight then it is onward to my goal. I have decided that I would really like it gone by Christmas. I don't that is too much to ask. That will be 10 pounds in 14 weeks. The holiday festivities will be mixed in there somewhere making that harder than it looks I'm sure but even if I was close to it I would be happy.

It was good to hear from Star yesterday. And I even saw Morti on there too!

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Awwh yes the dreaded french fry!!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  

*sigh*

I wonder if you could make them out of turnip or something? I know you can out of a sweet potato but we can't have those either!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

It was mostly the sips of the choclate shake that got me!! That makes no sense I am perfectly happy with my LC burger but then I mess it up and take sips of the shake and eat some fries, dang kids had me all stressed out yesterday, they stayed in time out the majority of the evening. Gosh they were crazy people yesterday! I hope the ladies at the gym daycare don't close up the doors when I get there tonight!! ahahahahaha
Old 09-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Resist the torte! You're doing great! I have to live by the motto that one bite of something off-plan WILL kill me.

TG: I hear ya -- fries get me a lot of the time, too. In fact, they got me yesterday... I didn't live by my motto I just told Brenda!

Jane: I think being at goal weight by Christmas is a reasonable goal. You can do it!

Things are going OK here. I'm in that phase where I'm feeling pretty good about myself -- a lot of DH's friends have been making comments that I've lost a lot of weight, and I look good. I've also gotten asked out quite a bit lately?! I love compliments, but they tend to lead me into a downward spiral in terms of eating. I feel invincible and think I can eat anything, and yesterday I did! I don't know why it got so bad, but I had a fish sandwich, fries, McFlurry, fried mushrooms, more fries and more ice cream. Ick. I get sick just reading it! Anyway, today is a new day.

I'm thinking of setting a goal date, too. Otherwise, I feel like I'm going to be playing around with these last 30 pounds for years. I was thinking of something very reasonable, like by March. That might be too much time, I'm not sure... Anyway, I need a finish line to work towards. If I don't have one, I'll take my own sweet time getting there.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:27 AM   #8  
Somethin's gotta give

Good Morning LC Ladies!

Brenda:I know how you feel -Im just going to keep repeating what Star said "theres nothing I CAN'T eat....but there are thing I WON'T or DON'T eat....at least that makes me feel like I've got some power over it...either that or it's like a tractor beam pulling me in

TG: MMMmmmMMMmmmmm...milkshake.....Want to hear something even more crazy? I actually made several trip to the office yesterday at school ( a place I hate to be) why? because they were cooking chocolate chips cookies in the lounge and I would go in and get as much SMELLLLLLLL in as I possibly could

Jane: You can do it! I know you can!

Jina: Isn't it weird...we lose weight to feel good about ourselves....to feel sexy-once we start feeling good about ourselves we start doing things to make us not feel good about ourselves.....

Well, last night I talked to the DH from Georgia about his trip home today.... told him I was back on the WOE and on fire motivated and was determined....he said ( after his "I love you just the way you are speech")
" well, I'll tell you what....when you get to where you feel comfortable with youself, I'm going to go out and buy you all the pretty , sexy clothes you want ....and some sexy thongs too "

Just the word "thong" sent me into a cold sweat......felt like I need acid drops in my eyes to scour out the visual

well, Im off to beautiful LAX today....the DH got on the plane this morning and it was announced that 2 bags had been checked for passengers who never boarded the plane....SO they had to spend an hour unloaded the baggage hold to remove those two bags just in case....so now he will miss the shuttle home

Have a great day chicas!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #9  

Jina: It is funny that our goals always seem to get a little blurry once in a while and we lose site of them. Don't worry about yesterday it is said and done. Compliments are always a good thing!

Marie: I can almost smell those cookies all the way on the east coast! Sorry about DH not making the suttle.....will he be home later today?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Good morning, gals!

Brenda - Chocolate torte is a down power line - DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! Chocolate torte will always exist in the world. Save it for another time. Or try this: hang a calendar on the wall and make a big red X on every day that you go a little off plan. You'll be surprised by how often it's happening. Maybe give yourself one X a month if that.

TG - ohhhhhh McD's is the devil! I won't let myself go near the place because just the smell will make me gain 10 pounds. Though recently it's been Starbucks, I want a breve every time I go by the place. And as you know, they're everywhere out here!

Jane - It's good to be back. And you are kicking some serious ***! Way to go!

Jina - Isn't it fun to feel good? And you're right, it's weird how we work so hard to get somewhere and then sabotage it. I'm still working on convincing myself that food is not a reward.

Marie - So good to see you back! Thongs are great! I rarely wear anything else now. And cookies! Betty Crocker, I think, has a LC chocolate chip cookie mix. I haven't tried them, but if the LC brownie mix they have out is any indication, it's good!

I gave in and tried dreamfields pasta yesterday. I still don't understand how all the numbers work, but it was sure good! I'm gonna use it as a once in a while side dish.

Other than that, not much is happening in my world. I'm still looking for a job, but the downtime is giving me lots of time to get back into Pilates and work on all sorts of projects.

My 'Puppy' is home right now and leaves for the sandbox next week. I'm sure gonna miss him! And now I'm off to shop for LC clam chowder supplies! Have a great day!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been around in ages, but I *have* been lurking just to keep an eye on things! I'm glad to see that you are all doing so well - and that Jina survived the hurricanes so far. The most we get from the hurricanes is a rainy day.

Since I'm nearing the end of writing my thesis (yes, I'm still writing - I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world!) it's been a bit chaotic and stressy. My seminar date has been delayed 3 times! So my 4th scheduled seminar date is October 1st (when I was originally supposed to present August 17th!!) - I'll see if it actually happens on that date. Argh! But oh well, I'm in Montreal for another month yet anyway. My thesis submission date is October 18th, then bye bye Montreal ...

My plans for after submission have changed slightly. I think I'm going to go back to my parents' home until after Christmas and do some miscellaneous work in my home town - perhaps working for an ex-employer, or doing a bunch of tutoring. I was planning on leaving for overseas in November, but Mom mentioned that she would like me around for Christmas (since I've already skipped Christmas before to travel in France), and seeing that I'll have no money at that time anyway, I conceded. In January, I'll leave. Destination is yet undecided, though I've found a bunch of countries where I can apply for Working Holiday Visas that are good for at least 12 months. The UK seems to provide the best option (2 years, any kind of work) in that regard since I am part of the Common Wealth.

I've been enjoying the end of the summer - I went on a small roadtrip to eastern Quebec, went to a big rodeo last week and I'm still planning on doing an NYC weekend in October. I don't actually have money for that trip, but I figure I may as well just dip into my student line of credit - what's a couple hundred dollars among thousands anyway? Plus, I'm closer to NYC than I've ever been, so I want to take advantage of that fact - also, I have a friend to stay with there.

As for on-plan? Ha! What plan? Okay, I've been not so great, but not so bad either, and living on the other side of the mountain from the university has been good for my walking.

Hope you're all having a great day! Good luck finding a job, Star - I have to start that process soon, and I don't even know where to start!

Julie
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 02:46 PM   #12  

Star: Good to hear from you! I have a friend at work whose BF is being sent over in December. He has to report in October. I feel so bad for her....she is beside herself. Hope Puppy stays safe. Congrats on DH getting a new job by the way! That must help things a little with you being out and all.

Lekker: Where have you been missy? Good to see you back also. I think that is nice that you decided to go home until after the first of the year. With the way you love to roam the world who knows when you will spend another Christmas with them.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:03 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Julie: It's great to hear from you again. Sounds like you've got a busy schedule all planned out. It's sweet of you to stay w/your parents until after the holidays--that should keep your mom happy for a little while

Star: Good luck on your job hunt. Congrats on the new job for your DH---and his increase in $$ also. Glad that's helping you out so you can relax a little before finding a new job.

Marie: A thong eh? Well, I broke down and bought a couple. They're silky feeling and actually not bad to wear. Uncomfortable at first (gotta resist to pull it out from crawling up your butt ) but after a while you get used to it. I don't wear them very often. Sounds like DH is very supportive. That's great!! And VERY nice of him to offer to buy you knew clothes (of course, leave it to a male to bring up the thongs! )

Jina: Congrats on the compliments and offers for dates. lol. Must be doing something right eh? Keep up the good work!

Jane: Good luck making your goal. You're doing great and I know you can do it

TG: Isn't stress a killer? Makes all good intentions fly right out the window! You'll do better today

Well, so far OP. I think the girls will have pizza for supper and I'll have leftovers. Not really hungry--just have the urge to munch on something. I've skipped lunch again AND my snack Luckily we eat supper early! And I'm always the LAST person to get done eating. It's actually kind of amusing to watch me eat. It takes me a LONG time---cuz I don't gobble my food anymore. Silly thing is though---no matter how slow I eat, I STILL eat the same amount of food. Even TOO much!! Sometimes I'm TOO full. I need to start paying more attention to that.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Marie: I'm a big fan of thongs myself. I just try not to look at my backside in a mirror -- I think I would need the acid drops you're talking about! But, they're wonderful for no panty lines.

Star: Yea! It's so good to see you back! Good luck on the job hunt!

Lekker: Ditto!! I've been wondering about you. It seems like you've been writing that thesis forever! (I'm sure it does to you, too.) Your adventures sound so exciting! Come back and see us more often!

Well, a fabulously OP day so far, but I've got a killer headache. Ah, well. I guess that's what I get for having a carb-fest yesterday. Why, oh why, must I continue to do that to myself?!?

I hope all of you ladies have a great evening!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:51 PM   #15  

jdoggmartin: Geez you know I have had a headache for two days and never even thought it was because I was back OP. Duh! You'd think I would have remembered that!

Well I am taking the day off tomorrow and not sure I will have time to check at home so just in case.....everyone have a great weekend. Talk to you all later.