Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-15-2004, 05:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Wednesday Chat, Sept 15th

Good Morning

I have a 6:30 am Doctor appt today and then off to work. I'll be back later to catch up.

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #2  
CIN

Leens
Did you say 6:30 a.m. Dr appointment? Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your pneumonia is clearing up! Let us know!

I just got in from a 40 min walk with hubby. I am now going to do some WWer paperwork..............then paint the neighbors door coat #2!

Have to go get car tags and police report from downtown today....I did tell you hubby was in fender bender with my old car...didnt I? Then need estimates..........so basically "running erands" today then have church tonight.

Later gals,
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:13 AM   #3  

Post Morning and intro

Hi All...

I am new to this forum and 3FC's. Not sure where I belong yet but I am hopeful I will find support among all the wonderful people here. I have dysthymia along with anxiety issues. Hopefully soneone can relate. This is the first time I have been serious about wt loss. I am 36 with 3 kids and the wt just crept up over the years and my health went down the tubes. So here I am ready to do something about it but not really knowing where to start.
Cheryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cin YES !!! 6:30 am, he does not work in the afternoon or night...nice eh~

CHERYN !! Welcome and we are so glad you joined us. Bravo to you for taking the first steps to weight loss. Are you thinking of starting any particular diet plan ? I think that would be the first step, but just remember to set small goals, like 5 lbs at a time. Looking at the overall # might be scary.

Back to work LOL !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #5  

Before I forget, I want to tell SueMarie the perfect response to that b*tch! If and when she ever says anything nasty, just look at her and say, "Well, bless your heart! You do say the silliest things, don't you?" AND WALK AWAY! Let her stand there with stupid written all over her face!

I love the "bless your heart" phrase as you can finish it with anything. I most enjoy saying it when someone has been rude and I can be condescendingly kind while being a complete and unadulterated b*tch.

Today the window company is finishing with the windows. It's a mess! Then, last night we lost the use of our water pump. Hopefully, it just needs priming. The rule last night was DON'T FLUSH! Roger went across the road and got a few buckets of water. I can finish the laundry and use the potty.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

WOW ya'll ought to see this place! Lake Charles is packed! The main highway that runs thru here is Interstate 10. Everyone is heading from New Orleans on I 10 to here and even on to Beaumont and Houston in Texas because all the hotels are filled around here. But they said that last night it took 3 hours to travel 11 miles on I 10 leaving out of New Orleans. The highways are bumper to bumper this morning and we all had a heck of a time getting to work this morning even taking back roads rather than main highways. It is like Grand Central Station around here. I sure hope they are right about where Ivan will come, bec if not, we will all be sitting in the middle of it. yikes!

Last night when I got home I went and walked 2 miles in the hot humid heat, but I did not

Cin! congrats on the weight loss girlie! you are doing great! wow! did you even have 7 lbs to loss? your hubby is doing great too! I'm sure he feels better with 15 lbs off!

Leenie - are you feeling better?

Hey Joanne! how ya doing girlie?

SueMarie - you're a sweetie!

Tippy - what ya up to girlie? is the bathroom working upstairs yet? how is dd feeling?

April - are you having coffee this morning? I'm fixing to grab my 2nd cup! YUM

ya'll be good! hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #7  

Oh my.....guess my post got lost yesterday.....I am off to bed.....have a good day everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #8  

Hey Tip - you and I were posting at the same time!

I love your phrase for when somebody says something rude

and I may just have to use it sometime!

Hey Liz - hope you get some good sleep! take care of yourself! hugs!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #9  

Right now I am just doing the old fashioned thing, you know, low cal/ low fat. I signed up on FitDay this morning and I am starting to track what I take in. I am sure I will be shocked. Does anyone know of a good calculator to figure out how many calories I should be eating to get to my goal wt? I have seen between 1450 and 1800 so I am not sure.
Cheryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  

Hey Cheryn - I meant to say "WELCOME" earlier but I forgot. sorry!

There is a good calculator and info at www.calorie-count.com

hope this helps.

cathy
Old 09-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #11  
Walking by faith

Wink Good morning !

Cheryn: Welcome! I know you'll love being part of our group.

Cath: I'm still praying for y'all! I remember having to evacuate for Floyd back some years ago. The little town where we ended up is normally about a 2 1/2 hour trip-it took us eight, and we talked to people at the shelter who took the main route-it took them TWELVE HOURS! We live not far from the eastern end of I-10 (Jacksonville). Did they make it one way for the evacuees?

Leenie: You and your doctor are early birds! Hope your checkup goes well!

Tippy: Hope you get your water back soon-and nice comeback !

Liz: Get a good day's sleep

CIN: Sounds like you have a busy day planned-enjoy!

Tonite I get to play with my Sparkies , so I'm going to rest up!

Have a good one!

Last edited by Stepping Out; 09-15-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon All!

Well ladies; I had a 11 o' clock appointment with my primary doctor. It went well in some aspects and in others;it has given me the scare of my life.Let me start by saying I got weighed and I weighed 316.8lbs.Which is a 4 lb lossfor me since I weighed myself on the 5th of September.My depression medicine has been working better for me then it has in a long while.My moods are not going up and down like they were but I maintain a mood.

The bad part of my doctors visit was this: 1. I will have to start taking Claritin everyday because of my really bad allergies.If that doesn't get better I will have to go see an allergist. 2. My blood pressure was high; 140/102. She wanted to start me on a medicine for it but decided to wait .I have never had high blood pressure.Doctor said it maybe because all the drugs I have been taking for my allergies and..... 3. I have to have a sleep study done because she thinks I may have Sleep Apnea; this could be another cause of my high blood pressure.

She said it was good that I started back on Weight Watchers and maybe with the Claritin I won't be so tired and I will be able to get my motivation back.

Cheryn: I have dysthymia along with anxiety issues also. I take paxil 40 mg daily and bupropion(generic of wellbutrin) 75 mg twice daily.It seems to help alot.Good Luck with your plan and Welcome to the board.

Well ladies there is the great update on me.
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:07 PM   #13  

We have water!!!!! Now I can take those diuretics without worrying about not beng able to flush!

Cathy, we have an old two story farmhouse with only one bathroom-downstairs. No bathroom up there. DD told me to just stick my butt out the window. Can you imagine. With my luck the neighbor would be driving by and drive into a tree!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #14  

heheheheh I can just picture it now! glad ya got your water again Tip!

Lynnie - congrats on the 4 lb weight loss! hopefully your blood pressure will start to come down as your weight comes down. Take good care of yourself girlie!
Old 09-15-2004, 02:36 PM   #15  

Hey I have a silly question.....

do ya'll think that putting your underwire bra in the washing machine and dryer messes up the underwires? or do they just start getting bothersome because of normal wear and tear?

I buy inexpensive underwire bras from Walmart that I really like, but after a short while the underwire starts poking me under the arm (like today) and it drives me nuts!

Was thinking maybe I should start handwashing them and just let them hang dry?

just wondered if anybody knows if it makes a difference one way or the other?

Curious Cathy