Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:23 PM   #1  
NCsmurfette

Question first 5 days and no loss

Ok...I am feeling a little down and I need some help. I have been doing weight watchers for 5 days now (I know that is not long) and haven't lost any weight at all. I jog/walk every morning for 30-45 mins (burn at least 500 cals) and stay in my point range. Typically when I start a "diet" I loose at least 5 lbs the first week and I am reading alot of threads here for new people and most are losing at least 5 lbs the first week on WW.

Can anybody please help me out or give me some suggestions?

Thanks!!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi smurf,

I saw your message and just couldn't help replying. Please, please don't give up so easily. Well, I know you haven't given up but it sounds like you may. Don't!! And stop comparing yourself to other people. That has nothing to do with your own journey of weight loss.

First of all, have you really stuck to the WW program to the letter? No slipups, nothing you've forgotten you ate? If so, then just sit back and relax. Stay OFF the scale. Five days is absolutely nothing as far as the body is concerned and with hormonal swings and such you may be at a time when the body is retaining fluids. Drink lots of water, just pure water and relax, relax, relax. You are likely to suddenly one morning find yourself running to the loo every 10 minutes and then you will see a drop in weight. But really, stay off the scale. If you're on the program then you'll be OK. Please hang in there.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Smurfette: could you be close to your time of month? Also when you weighed yourself did you have a meal before hand with a lot of sodium in it? Is it hot and humid where you are? All these things can cause water retention. Also with the exercise, make sure if you are eating extra points since you're exercising to keep it to a max of 4 points (approx 200 calories a day). Also don't always trust the calorie count on the machine you're using, they can be way off sometimes.

Also what quality of calories are you eating? A glass of milk and a fruit is 3 points, but so are most granola/snack bars. The first one usually gives more satisfaction and is more nutritionally dense. Whether you're following points/core you want most of what you're eating to be good quality calories.

Something that broke a plateau of mine was lots of drinking pure water, nothing added, helped oodles.

Also sometimes we lose weight weirdly. I'll give you a snapshot of my last 7 weeks.

week 1: -3.5lbs
week 2: -3lb
week 3: missed rain storm and meeting was cancelled
week 4: -.5 lbs (after 2 weeks of being perfectly OP and it wasn't my TOM)
week 5: +1.5lbs (perfectly OP)
week 6: -4lbs (broke that darn plateau)
week 7: -1lb (which is around the rate I should be losing)

See if plays up often... So my advice is to weigh in once a week in pretty much a similar outfit at the same time of day.

Hope this helps!!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 09-11-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Closed Thread