Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #1  
Janette

Default 3 day weekend - anyone have concerns about staying on plan?

Long weekends and holidays, not to mention vacations have always been a real challenge for me. The lack of structure always seems to throw me off balance. Does anyone have strategies they plan to use for this one? I plan to finish up a couple of projects started (paint chairs and cover the cushions) and clean closets (maybe I will find new clothes I can wear). We are not planning to go to a cook-out or anything but it will be 3 meals a day to cook. Guess I better sit down with the recipes and start making out some menus. I do hope that I will be able to do better on Core since I won't have to worry about using up all by points by noon like I have been known to do!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:45 PM   #2  

I have weigh in in the morning then a hair cut...then a cook out.

I am hoping to see a good result at WI. I think it will keep me motivated so I dont' cheat. I am bringing potatoe salad. I made myself...all core. I know I can eat that and some chicken. I am sure there will be other core offerings! I just don't want to see key lime pie or something! hahahah

other than that, I am a free bird this weekend...
Old 09-04-2004, 01:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I should be okay because I am working at my PT job all weekend! When I'm there, I have no time to eat and then come home around midnight too tired to eat.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:11 AM   #4  

I saved some FP's to use, and will have to stay disciplined the rest of the weekend. Tomorrow we do have a BBQ, I will count points for the hamburger bun and cheese slice.............still can eat condiments, corn on cob with spray butter, and 3 oz. potatoe (will split with my 3 yr.old). GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-04-2004, 06:42 AM   #5  
Janette

I see I am not the only Early Bird on Saturday morning. Love to sit with my coffee and watch the dawn.

Bindy, "Earn Extra Money and Lose Weight"--you ought to package that deal. You could make a million

LivvI, I was thinking about doing hot dogs on the grill just so we can say we celebrated the Holiday. I could get the FF dogs (1pt) and we have a sugar free HD bun at Brookshires that is 1 point a piece. Corn on the Cob and Pinto bean would all be core. I got the Promise ff "butter" that I think is Core?

Last edited by fiftieslady; 09-04-2004 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

I can't say this enough but PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. After a while it will become habit what you do on weekends (long or short) and you'll do fine. But if you start (take your PDA or DayPlanner or Calendar) and plan out your food and activities just like a work day you'll do fine. My problem is the opposite I am usually so busy I tend to rarely get to minimum during the day...used to be when we would go out to drink both Friday and Saturday the points were not a problem as I'd drink them with 'empty calories' but we stay home and enjoy a couple drinks now so I rarely have to use anymore than TPs and APs for the weekend days.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:42 PM   #7  

I am going out tommorow night for drinks with a friend.
I already mapped out my food, but I am not sure about the drinking...I do remember Kelly had 5 lite beers for 10 pts??? I think...I should probably go with that!

Socializing is hard...because I do enjoy a cocktail or two!! I can't imagine how many points a Cosmo is? anyone?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:21 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Socializing really isn't hard if you PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! LOL! Try drinking a diet soda or even better a glass of water in between each alcohol drink. You can also drink things that look like mixed drinks and no one will be the wiser. The 'fatty' or 'high cal' foods are usually what make it hard but if you concentrate on the company and function rather than the food and drink it is easy.

BTW I only ended up having 3 Light Buds for 6 point rather than the 5.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am new to your site but I have been a WW for many, many years and it wasn't until two years ago that I really got serious and got to my goal. Since then I have gotten out of control and when I heard they had the new program I weighed in last Thursday. I am extremely excited about the CORE program because I am one of those people who just hates to journal and count points. I am also an avid fruit eater and I do believe eating fruit keeps me filled up and satisfies my sweet tooth. This weekend I have been busy shopping at our malls because they have tremendous sales going on. Yesterday when I went shopping I took along a hard boiled egg and a "whole" banana. Instead of stopping at one of the fast food restaurants I just took time out to eat my egg and the banana.

For dinner tonight I am going to make stuffed red peppers with brown rice and lean pork and I can even put in an egg. I thought I would also use one can of tomato soup.

You ladies sound like a supportive group and I will do my best to offer suggestions as well.

Take care,
Anita
Old 09-05-2004, 07:45 PM   #10  
Janette

Nita, Welcome to Core and the Core Board. You will find all the help and encouragement you need here. I too carry boiled eggs with me several days a week to work. They are really filling, especially when eaten with an apple. Jump in and chat often.

Janette
Old 09-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Thanks Janette, I will just do that!

Anita
Old 09-05-2004, 09:02 PM   #12  
This time I'll do it!!

I don't start until tomorrow but I figure what can we eat if we go to a BBQ sometime. I could almost guarantee that the burgers will be chuck, full fat, hot dogs definitely won't be FF, salads with full fat dressing, eek! & sweets galore. I would have to bring my own lunch. Any advice?
Closed Thread