Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:27 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia 126

OK ... here we go ... new thread sure 'nough this time!!!

Hope all the sick are doing better. I'm still being a couch potato most of the time. I'm getting out and about some but not as much as I was. I'm supposed to go help a friend put some border up in our pastor's study this afternoon about 4 but that shouldn't take but a couple of hours then it's back to bed for me. I got a couple of movies yesterday when I went to town to get my nails done and had lunch with my daughter, so see ... I'm not completely hibernating! We're supposed to go to a picnic tomorrow evening but it's raining today and supposed to linger ...

I'll go move Anne's message from the other board over here ... don't know how she got her wires crossed up!

Last edited by MemeToo; 09-02-2004 at 12:40 PM.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #2  

HERE'S ANNE'S POST:

Good morning ladies.

Candice - 23,000 steps. You must have not stopped walking for hours!!! I feel like I have walked a long time when I walked 8000 or 10,000 steps. I don't think my hip would ever agree to that many Glad you are able to do it though.

Mima - Yes, you do seem to be taking Meme's place in the busy department. It is nice you got your space rented for the winter. I hope they don't have hurricanes then as well. That is just too scarey.

Joanne - How's it going! I hope you have a found a way to get happy again. You have just had a lot to deal with. How has your neck been?

Anagram - Take time for fun as it is important!!! Sound like you are doing just that. Glad your hubby is getting better. I am another that can't seem to tolerate anti-inflammatories. Was supposed to try to take 2 Celebrex for 10 days; made it to day 6 and then my stomach started burning like crazy so had to stop. I take another med with it for my stomach but didn't seem to do much good. I have tried a lot of anti-inflammatories but my stomach just can't tolerate them. That is how I gained this darn weight to start with. I just have to eat to stop the stomach pain. Even after I finished taking them, it seemed to go on and on. Like Candice, I just don't do well with pain meds. Thank God, I don't have to take anything except the Sotalol for the Arrythmia business. That one also causes weight gain. Sometime you just can't win!!!

Meme - hope you are still taking life a little easier. Glad to hear that your ankle is starting heal some.

Hope you all have a good day.

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:58 PM   #3  

OK, well thank you Meme. Don't know what happened there Not paying attention I guess. Could have sworn I started a new thread. Anyway, glad you are taking life a little easier and TAKING the time to rest. Thanks for moving this post over here!!
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:35 AM   #4  

Thanks for the new thread!!!!Glad to see you resting Meme. Gotta make an appt. with doc for allergy med. My nose spray doesn't work and my other prescript ran out. Thia is awesome. Some friends of ours are going to drive my car down and back and visit us and go to a conference with us in Orlando. all we have to do is buy them airline tickets and give them gas money. We are now finalizing the plans. Hope your sister is doing well Joanne. How are you guys fixed for the hurricane. Mike is in preparation mode-stocking up on baby food, diaperes, and ice in case he loses electricity. My girlfriend is down there signing for her new house. Going to church today to hopefully finish marking with 2 helpers. Got up early. I guess I will go back to the couch. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:34 AM   #5  

Saying prayers, Joanne, for you and your daughter and also for Mike and family. Have friends in path as well.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:33 PM   #6  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.. The storm is supposed to pass just above my head. If it shifts just a little it will wet my back yard.. You never can tell about these things. I live a mile from the Gulf so you see it could pass right over me going out to the water. My hubby is saying his greek prayers it goes further north in the state..
We haven't put anything away yet. Tomorrow!!My daughter called and wanted us to come up to north Fl. I told her I was staying right where I am..
Eleni is doing O.K. It is just the waiting to get this resolved..
Mima-I am sureyour family will be fine.. The storm will be further north than he is..
Hey Anagram.. Weather doesn't scare me.. I have lived in Fl. all my life and seen worse than this storm..
Happy- I am fine.. I guess like everyone I get my low days. I started walking a little more on a regular basis. I managed 3 days this week.
Meme- Happy is right.. I don't know how you do as much as you do..Slow down..Take care of yourself..Hope that leg keeps right on healing for you..
Bye for now...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:42 AM   #7  

Good morning. Thank God the storm weakened-it sounds like the rain is going to be a problem. We went to a new restaurant last night. I had salmon-it was good and we both took home half our meals. I am going to clean today. We actually finished all the pricing at church-it's great when you have help and fun too!!! One of them is in her seventies-and a little deaf. But what a worker! I guess it's going to get cool here this weekend-I told Brad I wanted to do something but I don't know what. Have a good weekend everyone. Waiting is hard Joanne-Bye for now. Mima
Old 09-07-2004, 08:45 AM   #8  
Mother Hen

Hi This is Joanne's sister Eleni. First want to thank you for all your prayers in my behalf.Do keep them going.
Joanne is fine but she lost her electricity yesterday. She has several trees down in her yard. But no damage to her home.The heat is very uncomfortable and it is no fun to have no electricity. I am so lucky that I still have mine. But wanted to let you know she is ok and she will get back on line hopefully within a day or two.
Eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:30 PM   #9  

Thanks so much, Eleni, for sending us that word on Joanne. Glad you're doing ok and were safe during the hurricane too.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:29 AM   #10  

Hi Eleni-yes, we have been praying . I hope Joanne gets her electricity back soon-Mike had his out for 2 days. Pretty soon we will get that rain but not the wind. Luckily, we have our FL home with us in the back yard. I did ALL my ironing yesterday-every piece-and put a bunch in a pile for Fl. Going to the docs today with a list-I have a bunch of warts on my big toe-and my allergy spray doesn't work-from head to toe, I need help. Then we have to go to lawyers to sign papers for the condo. Closing on the 15th. We still haven't gotten the money from Brad's mother's house!!!! We are going to pay off this house and the camper and have money to buy something in FL. That's the plan but it's in God's hands. Bye for now Mima
Old 09-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #11  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody-- Well we made it through without too much damage.. We lost power for about 24 hrs. No fun! Part of a tree in the front yard went down. It is a huge grand oak. We will have to take the rest out. It is damaged and too near the house to be safe . Ivan will surely do it in.. Lots of clean up in my yard.. We worked all day yesterday. Boy am I sore. My son is hiring a tree man to take care of some more of it.
Back another time .Love ya all...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:59 PM   #12  

Glad you are OK Joanne ... and it's good to 'see' Eleni, too! Always dread the storms. We usually get ours in the spring here. Getting some rain today ... still being a couch potato ... have a loooong way to go! I'm just thankful every day for everything I have and that I am ABLE to be a couch potato whenever I want!!! God is good!
Old 09-09-2004, 05:43 AM   #13  

Good morning! Glad you got your electricity back. What is with all these hurricanes. Now Ivan!!! We are getting Frances's rain but no wind. I went to the docs yesterday and had 9 warts removed. One on my typing finger and 8 on my toe-it still hurts to walk but good to have them gone. I also have to have a stress test because once in a while I get a pain in my lower chest when walking . It could be from congestion or stomache reflex but they have to rule out the heart, Yikes-I am getting old!!!!The thing I mind is no coffee. Keep resting Meme. I am rereading the Purpose Driven Life. The people who are driving our car to FL are coming over to dinner tomorrow night so I have 2 days to get ready. Got some Cortland apples yesterday-they are awesome. Mima
Old 09-09-2004, 11:11 AM   #14  

Going to see a play tonight ... Smoke on the Mountain. It's a comedy. I saw the sequel to it last year and it was really good. It's about a church service at a little country church up in the Mountains ... the preacher has some singers come in and they completely take over his service. He trys to get them to sit down but they keep getting up in the middle of his sermon and telling funny stories and singing songs. It's at the Cumberland County Playhouse but at the Playhouse they have 3 auditoriums. A huge one and 2 small ones and it's in one of the small ones. The stage floor is wood and the way they set it up it's just like the inside of an old church building ... they even use a pot bellied stove for one of their props and they use the audience as the church congregation. The sequel is Saunder's Family Christmas and in it, the church likes the singers so much they forget how they took over the service and invite them back for a Christmas service and they take over the service again. It was so funny ... they even set the Christmas tree on fire and the lights went out. The actors are professionals and they are really good ... can't wait ... were all going to the Cumberland State Park restaurant and eat catfish first! YUM! (There's 50 of us going so we'll be 1/4 of the 'congregation'!
Old 09-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #15  

Play sounds like fun, Meme.

Beautiful starlit morning out there today. So much rain, cloudiness, I'd almost forgotten starlight.

Saw dr yesterday. Referred me to gastro to rule out ulcer though he and I both still think it's the meds. He wants to be sure not to just mess around and make things worse - one thing I like about him. So I'm still eating lots of oatmeal and the like and not losing an ounce. His scale made it official - I haven't lost since my June visit. I did - I lost the five lbs I put on overnight when I started the new med. I'm complaining a lot about the bad side effects of it but I must also say I feel better overall on it now. Can think a bit more clearly too. In fact, I feel lucky to be on it before I actually had a stroke or something.

Still working on clearing out stuff - a never ending chore. Making some good headway in clearing out old files. DH joined in the last two days (finally) and also made some good progress.

DS coming this weekend sans DDIL. I love her but it's nice to once in a while have some quiet time with just DS. Plus I'm hoping for a chore or two and a little computer help. Best b.d. gift he could give me.

Have a good one.