Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default what to eat when travelling on business?

who has some good ideas. Typically I am near fast food places in the day, and in a restaurant at night and for breakfast. These days out can be the deal breaker with Core, I can see that, so I really want to create a good plan.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:41 AM   #2  
Running Babe

When I did south beach a while back, I'd order veggies with meat at a restaurant. A lot of places offer a baked potato as a side (just ask for it plain or use your points for the toppings). Have a salad with a lF or FF dressing.

A lot of fast food places also have salads..

Also you're completely allowed on WW to switch between Flex and Core if you feel there would be no way to stick to core.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Also so many restaurants are having "atkins" type meals -- the place where I waitress on weekends has one where you can get any burger or chicken sandwich without the bun and sub a small salad for the fries. You might ask at restaurants if they'll do that. It may not be on the menu but they would probably be glad to do it.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:13 PM   #4  
si, si signora

I travel a lot -- 140K by air a year, I often bring my own meal on the plane, if you are lucky to get a meal, its usually awful. My airline of choice has gotten rid of food and is now serving sugar for food. I wrote them letter, I was not amused.

I order sort of southbeachy things. My work travel involves mostly conferences, working groups and small committee meetings. I try and eat with someone else, it seems to bring out the WW in me. Often times, the best place to eat is the hotel --they are pretty heart/health conscience and low in points.

Sushi works, so does mexican (la salsa, rubios).

As for exercise-- I always book a hotel with a gym. If I'm not sure it has a decent gym, I call.

I avoid large social occasions with large groups of work people. Trust me, there is nothing I want to see more than one of my east coast colleagues drinking too much and lambadaing. So, I order room service or go out with one or two people. Its much mellower.

As for leisure travel, don't ask me. I'm a poster child for being an excellent WW when at home and basically eating all of Paris, Philadelphia, Princeton when on leisure travel.

If I can find it, I'll post a linkto a good discussion of travel and eating right...
Old 09-02-2004, 01:17 PM   #5  

Try a steak or chicken or fish with a baked potato, steamed veggies, a salad with fat free dressing; or soup and a salad - avoid the cream soups though.

A friend took me out for breakfast last Saturday and I panicked, but ended up with the fruit plate, it came with toast which I gave to my daughter . Otherwise I could have had poached eggs, or a veggie omelet (ask not to have it cooked in butter).
Old 09-02-2004, 11:12 PM   #6  
CIN

Salads with plain grilled chicken, petite sirloin steaks,grilled fish,Veggie plates,side orders of steamed veggies........baked potatoes,chicken with skin removed if necessary)onion soups,bean & veggie soups,corn on the cob (plain),pinto &navy beans,ham steak
breakfast.using egg whites or egg substitutes....fresh fruit plates.lentil soups..wild or brown rice.................................all fat free salad dressings

a few ideas

Cin
Closed Thread