Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 01:22 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters - September's Back to School

Hi Everyone,
It seems the calendar is speeding by so fast. Wouldn't it be nice if our metabolisms did the same and the weight came off really fast!
I hope everyone is OP and doing their best to lose.

I'm trying out the Core plan right now. It's pretty easy. I never liked having to count my points---especially when I cooked things with a lot of ingredients and had to figure points.
Breakfast is difficult. None of the cereals that I like are "Core" and I have to count the points off my 35 for the week. Bummer.
I like getting to eat starchy veggies plus one potato a day.

How are y'all doing this week---so far? Is it hard picking the right things for snacks? Does anyone have a new recipe or snack they will share with the group?
Let's all post a lot this week. I can use your help now. I really am trying to lose 5 pounds.
Tina
Old 08-31-2004, 01:27 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Attention all new group members----
We have a photo thread and would LOVE to have your pic on it. Please put it on that thread or send it to me and I'll get it there.
Tina
Old 08-31-2004, 09:19 PM   #3  

One of these days I'll have to send you an updated picture. That one of me was taken at Christmas time last year. I've lost about 30 pounds since then. A little bit of a difference.

Two days of school down, how many to go? lol I've been very tired by lunchtime both days. I make it through till the end, and then I come home and take a nap. I've also been going to bed early. I'm ready to head for bed now, and it's only 9:20. Pretty pitiful, aren't I?

What foods are on the Core program?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:27 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Tammy, we'd love to see the "new you." Really, I'm serious, send a picture.
I've been thinking about ya and wondering how you and that principal were doing--yuck! What time do you get home daily? Does Tim like his classes?

Sis, how is your daughter? Has her school started? Have you and your husband been walking in your park?

Mimi, how are you?
How is everyone?????
Susan, we miss you but understand why you can't post.
Tina
Old 09-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #5  

I haven't seen the principal much which has been wonderful! I know he has already been a jerk to some other teachers, so I hope he just stays away. School lets out at 3, so I'm usually home by 4. Today I slept from 5:30-7:30. Naps are wonderful.

Tim says he likes all of his classes so far. He has a study hall, so he is helping out in one of the other 2nd grade classrooms. In fact, the other 3 of us have some of Tim's friends working in our rooms the same period.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #6  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. School has started and so far my DD is liking it quite well. I hope it continues after the newness of all the teachers wears off. No my hubby and I haven't been walking for awhile. I know I really need to though. I haven't weighed myself lately. I am thinking of joining again so I can check out this new core program. It sounds interesting. Well I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Take care all........Sis
Old 09-06-2004, 11:13 AM   #7  

This weekend has been so nice. Great weather, good food, and exercise. ALSO plenty of sleep! We're ready to head out to go to my uncle's auction. I don't plan to buy anything, just hang out with my cousin for a while.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Happy Labor Day and a happy Monday!
I hope you all had a good one. I'm getting over a horrible cold. We did go out for Chinese food at noon. I'm sure I'll have water retention when I go for my annual ob/gyn visit tomorrow. (Oh well, I don't care.)
Would you believe, I sat on the sofa and watched the "West Wing" marathon on BRAVO all afternoon. Yep, I sat there with my Diet Coke and chilled out.

Tina
Old 09-07-2004, 06:43 AM   #9  

Tina, I hope that cold is over soon. No fun. Sitting and chilliing out with your DC sounds good though.

The weekends always go so fast. I need to go finish getting ready for school. I'm taking in a pamphlet about Fibromyalgia so the principal can read it. I want him to know what's going on with me since I'll be having appointments and need to be out of school if I'm too pooed to go.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I wonder if that odd principal will even believe you have it. Maybe you'll have to bring a note from your doctor.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Of course, it seems like Monday. Boy will I be surprised when Saturday comes and I think it's Fri.
Everyone drink that water and stay OP.
Tina
Old 09-11-2004, 05:59 AM   #11  
Sis

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a good week end so far. Well, I took the plunge and rejoined WW. I was up about 6 lbs from where I was the last time I weighed in. Not too bad I guess. It was up about 12 from my lowest after I stopped though. But that's ok I can do this. I think the core program is interesting. Not sure yet if it will be for me or not but I am going to give it a shot. How does everyone else who is trying this like it? I just want to hit ONE-derland!!!! Just to be able to say I am not in the 200's anymore, ya know???? I remember saying I wanted to hit the 200's though so I guess I KNOW I can do this cuz I HAVE done this. I just have to get my butt motivated! Well enough rambling. Have a WONDERFUL week end everyone.....Sis
Old 09-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

It's a beautiful 9/11. I hope everyone takes a moment to remember what happened on this date.

Sis----congratulations on rejoining WW. You know you can do this, girl. We are all here for you.
I like the Core program okay. I haven't stayed on it consistently, but I watch my points on the days I don't do it.

How is everyone else?????
Tina

Last edited by Tina; 09-11-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #13  

Sis, I have a couple other friends who have rejoined WW. Best of luck!!!

Tina, I took a copy of the pamphlet to the Superintendent too. Thought that might help me with any "battles" that might happen this year. The school nurse is familiar with Fibromyalgia, so that will help too.

Very busy since school has started. Haven't been reading messages and sending many. I have been going to bed early! lol
Old 09-12-2004, 11:03 AM   #14  
Sis

Thanks guys. I think I like it so far. I agree with some that the sugar cravings are not as much. Acording to my scales I have lost about 3 already. I know it is just the first week that happens but it sure helps inspire me to stick with it. Hope everyone has a wonderful week coming up. I'm actually looking forward to WI. lol
Have a great day.........Sis
Old 09-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday,
Sis---good going! You'll keep doing good.

I definitely over-did yesterday. I don't know what got into me---food, I know.
Today, I just walked 35 minutes on my treadmill. I've got to exercise most days this week. I am committed.

What's new with y'all?
Tina
Closed Thread