Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:55 PM   #1  
banned

Default what do you all think?

hi guys,

have been thinking of trying to do core while allowing myself 2 sl. light bread each day& instead of using all the ff crud just trying to get away with less. like in stead of ff cheese trying 1/2 oz lf cheeze. has anyone thought about anything like this?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

So you'd probably be better off following points utilizing CoreFoods/Values. That is what I do.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #3  

You can do that, but make sure you count them as allowance points.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

that sounds good andrea! You have your 35 wekly pts to use how you wish and alot of people use them for real cheese or bread and such, let us know how you do!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I am not sure but I think she is wanting to modify things like when she would 'have' to use fat-free stuff to be on Core using less of a low-fat version, etc.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:44 PM   #6  

Then you wouldn't be doing core. The idea behind core is to eliminate the high calorie and foods people tend to binge on. You'd be doing a variation of flex points.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:56 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

I disagree in a 'variation of flex points' --- if people would not have tried to get in so much junk on Flex and used it for "core food" and "core values" they would have been better off. That is the way Flex was designed but allowing for the 'occasional' junk.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #8  
banned

thanks guys. i dont see where it would hurt bc even bfl allows for low fat cheeses and such. plus a day off.

something to think about... besides lack of taste, im concerned with all the hmmm... how should i put this: "fillers" that are in the ff stuff. think about it:thats what they use which is why im shocked ww supports the use of these things
Old 08-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Andrea, I am not sure what 'bfl' means or is. W/W Core program DOES NOT allow lowfat cheeses UNLESS you use your FP/WPAs. I refuse to give up tastes for a program which is why I use 90-95% of the time CoreFoods on my FlexPlan.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:16 PM   #10  
banned

thanks kelly,
i know that. i was only looking to play wh it a little bit and do my own thing thats all.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #11  

You are either doing core or your own thing, you can't do both at the same time. Use your flex points if it's not on the core list. No one ever seemsto mind all the "stuff" that is in snack and dessert items, doesn't that seem strange? Olestra is a horrible product yet people scarf down WOW chips by the bag.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:04 PM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
You are either doing core or your own thing, you can't do both at the same time. Use your flex points if it's not on the core list.
Yes Core is totally Core but Flex if done properly uses CoreFoods (just look at the PointsPies) but it also allows for convenience foods and a flexable lifestyle. So in a sense you can do Core combined with Flex on the food (not portions). I do it all the time and always have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
No one ever seemsto mind all the "stuff" that is in snack and dessert items, doesn't that seem strange? Olestra is a horrible product yet people scarf down WOW chips by the bag.
Research has proven that while Olestra does inhibit some of the vitamins used in small portions (not the whole bag) it is fine and that in blind tests there was no more gastro problems with Olestra than there was with regular chips. I don't eat a lot of junk and for the most part most members who are conscious of eating healthy (which normally comes down the line with any diet) don't either. I tend to eat regular desserts not the 'manufactured' and I'd much rather go for quality than quantity on treats.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 09-01-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM   #13  
CIN

Default for Andrea

Andrea
I dont see anything wrong with that. Eat the Core foods and use your weekly points allowance any way you wish.like for bread or cheese..........

I think we all have different taste and may use or weekly points allowance on both plans on what we like.

We all have to choose what works for us................doesnt really matter what anyone else thinks or likes

Go for it!
Cin
Old 08-31-2004, 04:11 PM   #14  
Cowboy Up Chick

CIN, This was asked and addressed earlier and she was thinking about using reduced fat cheeses in place of the fat free cheeses and not counting it by using a smaller amount. I think she now understands about using WPAs for it.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:13 PM   #15  
CIN

Default I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I see what you mean now.I thought she wanted to use her weekly points for these...........the other is called "write your own program".......I have done that before too! My own program didnt work as well!

Cin
PS I have lost 5.2 in 3 weeks on CORE and love it!
Closed Thread