Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 07:48 AM   #1  

Question

I work in an office and have run out of ideas for a low point lunch. I don't need a big lunch, just something to get me through the day. Thank you so much.
Old 04-24-2001, 09:18 AM   #2  

I'll assume you have the following:
- storage space to keep a bowl and spoon
- a microwave oven
- a little refrigerator space

These were my tried-and-trues while losing >80 lb:
1. Progresso Tomato Vegetable Italiano soup (2 points/can)
2. Health Valley vegetarian chili with lentils (maybe 5 points now under Winning Points--was 2 when I started!)
3. Imagine soy-based "cream" soups, such as cream of broccoli (2 points), portobello mushroom (3 points), sweet corn (4 points). I get the single-serving containers (they're supposed to be 2 servings, but for me that's one!), but you can get the larger ones and refrigerate the leftovers for the next day--it's resealable)
4. A bag of pre-washed salad blend, a tomato (I chop it up here but you could bring it in chopped if you have more time at home), a mini can of tuna, topped with balsamic vinegar

You could also bring in FF hot dogs and light buns to nuke, or boca burger patties, or Veggie Patch vegetarian chicken nuggets. All of these do well in an office microwave.

I had a few other shelf-stable entrees I was able to find back then which seem to have disappeared around here--some shelf stable polenta dishes and a line of shelf-stable pastas called "e-meals." Those keep well in a desk drawer.

Cold sandwiches that work well are Buddig Lean Slices turkey (1 point/2.5 oz package) on light bread or FF bologna on light bread. Either one is 2 points.
Old 04-24-2001, 11:07 AM   #3  

I stay home with my babies but when I need to bring a lunch for something I get a chicken ceasar salad shaker from McDonalds w/FF herb vinagrette dressing. Its 3 pts and very filling! If you haven't tried them you should, they are great. If you can't get out for lunch, you can drive thru on your way to work( they are available at most McDonalds in the am) and keep it in an insulated lunch bag if you don't have a fridge at work.
Subway salads and sandwiches are great. You can get them the night before or even make your own for less$.
Check out one of the low point food threads here. They usually have really good portable stuff.
Old 04-25-2001, 06:29 AM   #4  

Thank you icandoit and bumby! Yes, I have a refrigerator and microwave. I just don't have the money or the time to go and run and get something from a restaurant or something like that anymore. Thank you so much. Any more ideas?
Old 04-25-2001, 10:46 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Cricket:

I work in an office and here's what I sometimes bring in for lunch:

Boca Burger (Chef Max's Favorite)/pita or low point bun + 2% cheese
V-8 (I like to heat it like tomato soup) 0 points
Tuna with celery and a little bit of lowfat mayo on a pita
Morningstar Farms Chick Nuggets
Mrs. T's potato & cheese pierogies (1 pt each)
Baked potato
Yoplait FF Yogurt with Grape nuts

These are just a few of the things that I have for lunch. I also bring in leftovers and reheat.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2001, 11:49 AM   #6  
Always find the good!

You should always stock up on Smart ONes or whatever your preference is so that in case your're in a jam or in a hurry, you'll always have a backup.

I try to eat these the least because in the real world we eat real food. WW is teaching me how to eat real food in control. But... I always keep a few in the freezer for when I'm short on time.

Amy
Old 04-28-2001, 02:09 PM   #7  

Heathy Choice has several soups that are 5 points or less for the can. I fequently have these for lunch because it is so easy. I just stock up and leave them in the car to take straight to work. They are there those days when I don't get around to fixing something else to take to work with me and I don't have to worry about them spoiling if I don't get them used right away.
Closed Thread