Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-25-2004, 10:05 PM   #1  

Unhappy A new question.... for me.

Still felling better after my medication switch. Some withdrawl symptoms as we also reduced dosage considerably. But, my back pain is still managable at the new reduced dosage of new med.

Now the question...
I am not hungry. Everything smells horrible and tastes worse. I have absolutely no interest in eating. I can eat most everything I have tried with no problems, I just don't want to.

I do think I am feeling some symptoms from lack of eating. Some light headedness, some leg weakness and overall fatigue so I know I have to eat. I've tried my favorite foods and most are definately not my favorites anymore.

The things that do interest me are cold. Frozen fruit bars, popscicles, cold drinks, slushies and things like that. Any ideas how to get past this?
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

PROTEIN SHAKES. in some form or another. it's natural to not be hungry. we've all battled this. pure and simple, our tastes often change. but bottom line, ya gotta make protein and liquids an ABSOLUTE priority. i'd think about freezing your protein shakes. there are some, like nectars, that make great fruit-type frozen bars.

some folks partially freeze their milk-based protein drinks into something resembling ice cream.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:31 PM   #3  

yep...p....what she said!!!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #4  

I was afraid that was what you would all say. I have tried one flavor of the Nectar drink and am waiting on samples coming of the other flavors. Once I get those I will order ones I like. Untill then I guess its keep forcing the nasties as much as I can.

Has anyone tried the Lemonade and Chrstal Sky Nectar drinks? I'm not much of a fruity drink fan but I do like lemonade and the Fuzzy Navel isn't TOO bad.

At least its nice to NOT be nauseated all the time anymore.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:31 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

fuzzy navel is one of my favorites... and the lemonade is pretty good, too... darlin.. these will NEVER be gourmet treats... the most we can hope for is reasonably tolerable.. just remember, it's temporary. it might seem like forever, but it's pretty much over after 12-18 months
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote