Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #1  

Unhappy New and Worried

I am new to this forum and I thought that I had beaten my Anorexia because for years I have been stable and even enjoying food to a degree. But a crisis has come up in my life and the first thing i did was fall back into old habits because i know i can control food. My head tells me what i am doing yet i am in a cycle i can't stop. It is so empowering for me to not eat or to only eat 2 bites, or to only eat a bananna and a nectarine in a day then go work out for 45 minutes. I get high seeing the scale inch down. It is scaring the **** out of me. I have only lost about 12-13 pounds and that is not a bad thing and while i know where this is leading most of me doesn't care.

When this happened before it took 2 years of working really hard to get healthy and up until about 3 weeks ago (6 years total) I had not had too many problems. I obsessed some about my weight but it was not all consuming.

I don't want to go backwards, can yall help.

Mel
smartcookie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/300/150

Height: 5'7

Mel,

I have not experienced what you have, but I am here and willing to talk to you. Please contact me .

Michelle

Last edited by rochemist; 08-25-2004 at 02:47 PM. Reason: to remove e-mail address, prevents spammers.
emmjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #3  
Searching

Welcome Mel! We will give you whatever support and encouragement you need. To recognize you are in dangerous territory and that is a place to start.

How about a food plan? Have you ever used one? It might be a nice place to start. I will PM you and we will go from there.

Welcome
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:20 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Mel -

The best thing you can do is recognize you have a problem and reach out, and you've done both of those. I have been right where you are and it was this board that pulled me out of it. I agree with Chris that a food plan is in order. If you'd like to PM me, feel free!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #5  

Thanks for the replies!!!! I did send Chris a food plan so hopefully i can stick to it. Today looks somewhat brighter. Just so yall know it is easier for me to email through out the day than to PM (now that I know what it is) so if you would like to PM me your email I would love to talk to yall and get support.

Mel
smartcookie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #6  

Hi me, I can certainly relate! I was anorexic when I was 17. I got past it then started binging and purging when I was 26. Now at the age of 29 I thought I had it beat. I was binge free for 4 months an then just like you I had some stressful situations happen and I started it again. I thought just like you I had it beat. I am starting on day one today again. My best advice is fight it and don't give in. Remember how you felt when you weren't starving yourself. It felt good didn't it. That's the only thing that keeps me trying one more time. Is the feeling I felt when I didn't binge and purge. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Me.
noprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #7  

Default Problem

Hi

I have been dealing with the same issue. Being 5ft nothing. I was at 13 150, size 16. Got down to a 6-8 in college. Now averaging a size 0-2 petite, having med frame, and being 116ish-i want to be 105.

I have not eaten ...lived on lollipops for days only with water, and NOW realize I want to NOT gain weight but take the empty wasted calories and BECOME healthy. No more laxatives, no more diet pills...just be healthy.

November 1st, yesterday is the 1st day since college ( I am 24 -so the past 6 years ) i am free of diet pills.

Please help and give any advice.
rusmiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote