Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-22-2004, 04:01 PM   #1  

Default Aerobics Videos

What are your favorite aerobics videos?

I'm looking for something intermediate....challenging, but not so complicated that it's frustrating. Since I don't have a step, I'm preferably looking for a floor aerobics routine, but am interested in anything.
alaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #2  

Default oops...sorry

sorry, i didn't look far enough...I just found a couple other posts requesting video suggestions.

So, let me narrow down my question....

I've heard good things about "The Firm" and "Cathy Friedrich".....please recommend your favorite videos out of these two series.

Thx!
Old 08-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #3  

I have just about everything Cathe Friedrich has done except the silly wedding workout. I love her - she has stepping, aerobics, weights, kickboxing, etc- and except in the earliest videos she isn't overly perky and annoying (She does have a 'whooping' habit in her earlier videos but is much more down to business now). Go to www.videofitness.com for reviews of individual videos as there are a LOT to choose from.
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I haven't really tried any others than one I initially picked out. I tried pilates and it was boring me, so I never would do it, so then I picked up a video by Leslie Sansone (Walk Away The Pounds) off the shelf at Wal*Mart. Leslie does walk aerobics. No special equipment needed. Some of her videos, she does walking with a stretchy or a belt that has handles for arm exercises, but those are included with the video sets...$25 for a set of 3 videos that come with a 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile tape. I do the 3 mile with the walk-away belt and a 4 mile super challenge. You do sidesteps, knee lifts, kickbacks, and kicks, and variations on each, to music. It's pretty fast paced, starting out slow and working your way up to a brisk walk. All you need is a few feet of floor space and a VCR. I don't get bored with them.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:37 PM   #5  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello:

I have virtually all of the Cathe's except for her few older ones and if you are not looking for complicated, you may not want to look at Cathe. I love the complex choreography so I LOVE her and her music is fantastic! Uh, I am trying to think of instructors that are not complicated....hmmm..have you tried Karen Voight? She has a few and her workouts don't have complex choreography. Another one would be Kathy Smith. I know alot of times we think of her as an 80's person, but some of her newer workouts are pretty good. Gilad is good as well. Personally, I only do Leslie if I am really tired and don't want to totally forego my workout or on a rest week.

HTH

U2girl
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:35 AM   #6  

thanks everyone! it's always nice to get suggestions rather than taking a "stab in the dark" with fitness videos.