Old 08-22-2004, 08:47 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Aug. 22nd**

Hi All,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! It thunderstormed here yesterday, but cleared up in time for the wetdown last night. Today is gorgeous, it's gonna be sunny and in the high 70's all day! We're probably going to the IL's today. BIL's old twin bed is in their attic, and supposedly it's practically new, so we're gonna check it out and possibly bring it home for Peter. I decided that I want to transition him to the twin bed instead of a toddler bed, because 1. it will be more economical, I won't have to buy a new twin bed in a few years, in additon to the toddler bed, and 2. we figured out how to fit both the crib and the twin bed in his tiny 7x11 room! We'll put the crib facing the opposite way of the bed over the bed...make sense? Kind of like when you have bunk beds and one in flat on the wall and the bottom one comes out from the wall? There will be just enough room on the wall for the bed. This way when he gets antsy during the night, like this past week, and a few wks. ago, one of us can go in his room with him and then come back to bed, instead of having him in bed with us. And he'll be prepared for the new baby.

I've decided I really need to buckle down and plan some meals and get more protein in. I have not been good about journaling what I'm eating, like I did with Peter. I did for a few days this past week, when I remembered, and I'm only getting barely 60-65 gm. protein a day in...not enough for pregnancy. And I definitely have to let up on the junk. I'm not gaining that much, been averaging about 1.5-2 lbs. a month, but I do want to be very careful. Bought a bunch of meat this week, so i can make sure I'm getting a good dose in daily.

Anyone have a good recipe for Keilbasi? I usually just boil it in a frying pan for a little while to get the saltyness out of it. Also bought a big package of ground turkey and ground beef on sale, so I think I'll make a bunch of meatballs with that and freeze them.

Have a great day all!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

hi guys! we're back! please forgive the bad typing. i'm typing with one hand and holding a sleepy grumpy boy with the other one. vacation was great. we had a super time. my mom kept alex one day and we got to go to six flags with my bro and sis-in-law. It was nice but i was glad to see my boy at the end of the day. it was the longest break i've had. the car ride wasn't so bad. coming back was worse than going. it took us 32 hrs to get there. coming back we stayed over in a hotel so the trip seemed twice as long. i almost wish we had gone straight thru.

Laureen: awwe. sorry about the boy but so glad he is healthy! Have you thought of names?

Hello to all!! alex is officially sleeping so i gotta go see if i can lay him down.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #3  

hi all! I've had a crazy August but wanted to pop in. Just got back from moving ds back to school - his second year of law school - time flies! And I'm leaving today on a business trip and will return on Friday.

Lauren - congrats on the little boy you are expecting! He will make a great playmate for Peter. They will be so close.

have a great week everyone!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:39 PM   #4  
No description available.

Hey! I know about grumpy boys...my smallest one has been a touch cranky today...But soon enough he might be off at law school too! Yikes!!

My goal for this week is to journal my intake. I have been slipping some treats in, which is Ok, but if I write down the treats, then I know how many I am sneaking in....a little more accountability. 8 glasses of water a day is my other goal.

Still running, which I am really enjoying.

See ya on the journal!

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:59 PM   #5  
LBH

Karen, Welcome back!! Glad you had a good time!! I can't imagine a ride that long! Florida was bad enough, and that was when Peter was only 4 months old! Names are gonna be tough, we don't really agree on much, but I'm guessing it'll probably be Brian or Ryan. Middle name unknown.

Rabbit, Welcome back!! I still can't believe DS is in law school, second year no less!! Have you seen your new neice yet?

Jen, good luck journaling this week!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:54 PM   #6  

Hi all.......Hope you all are okay. I battled with a sinus infection last week and just now getting back on track. I have mananged to eat a big salad the last few days, limits my sweets, and drink lots of water in spite of feeling yucky. Hopefully I am getting back on track. I have been snacking on Kashi's heart to heart cereal (dry w/o milk) when I feel the urge to snack.

Lauren: Congrats on finding out your having a little boy. I bet Peter will be so excited to know he has a little playmate coming. You know it will be here before you know.

Well our interior trim guy showed up today so things are finally starting to move again with our new house. When you are in charge of the building process, sometimes, it can drag on and on an on. I told DH as long as he can gets us moved in before Thanksgiving & X-mas, I will be happy.

I have got to have my cervix scraped next Monday because of an abnormal PAP smear. Not looking forward to that! Sure hope they don't find anything. Seems like it's one thing or another. Anyways, I am not going to stress to much about it and will deal with what comes when it comes.

Hello to all the rest of ya!
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #7  

JackBlack-Have to ask..Is that your screen name because you like the actor/comedian/musician Jack Black?
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #8  

DG: Actually that is 1/2 of my first name and 1/2 of my last name. I wanted to pick something else, but it was not available so I ended up with the JackBlack screen name. Sorry but I have never heard of Jack Black, the actor/comedian/musician.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:38 PM   #9  
LBH

Jack, He is a pretty funny guy, was in that movie Shallow Hal and also School of Rock. Hope the abnormal pap was nothing. I had an abnormal pap when I was PG w/Peter, but they redid it and it was fine. They said it was just cause I had a sensitive cervix. Glad you're over the sinus infection...I hate those. I sure hope you get in your house by Thanksgiving!!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:48 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I forgot to tell you, Alex is no longer nursing!! I was thinking about weaning him when we got back but he weaned himself while we were away. He refused to nurse during the drive and while we were at my bros the first night. I didn't offer after that and he didn't ask. My baby is growing up!!

I started trying to eat better today. I did pretty well. I only got in one glass of water, but it was a large one.

Jack: I'm glad you are feeling better. Sinus infections are the pitts. I'm glad to hear that work is going forward on your house. I bet you are so excited. Wow, Summer is almost over. It will be Thanksgiving before we know it. Good luck with your procedure.

Hope everyone has had a super day.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:12 PM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen--That is how K weaned...It was quick and sudden!!Glad he did it soo easily...

Jackie--Good luck at the Gyn..Glad the sinuses are better...

Well..i started my 4 days a week this week..I had a blasst with my baby...I hope work lets me keep it up after the monthly trial..I hate to quit my job of almost 20 yrs because of wanting to cut back to 4 days...

Helloo all...I almost completed my Christmas..Thaat show was so overwhelming with 1000+ booths of vendors...I bought my moms gifts for her 3 grand daughters and made sure Kaylee got the prettiest jewelry!!! I will go back to the show in November!!!I bought Kaylee 10 beautiful hair bows for $2 each..I couldnt even make them for that.
Take care all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:20 AM   #12  

Good morning all.......Thanks for all the well wishes!

Lauren: Thanks for the info on who Jack Black is. I seen Shallow Hal, but did not know he played in the movie.

Karen: I know what you mean about kids growing up. Brandon started middle school, and although it's rather cute how he is acting, I can see him seperating from DH & I little by little. It's hard seeing them grow up, but at the same time, I am proud of him for taking on a little more independence. He is already thinking about girls! He begged me to buy him a car magazine, so I bought it thinking he was really interested in the cars, and then next thing I know he has all the pictures of the girls taped to his bedroom wall. Needless to say I had to sit back and laugh. I made him take one down that was a little skimpy though, I could just see MIL & FIL coming over and hyperventilating! LOL PS: Good job on getting in the glass of water.

RR: I am so glad that you are able to work part time so you can spend more time with Kaylee. I sure hope they continue to let you do that. Sounds like you deserve it with all the years you have devoted, so hopefully they will see that and respect your wishes. Great job on getting your x-mas bought in advance. Needless to say, I say I am going to do that each year, but them I scramble at the last minute.

Well I am off to work so will chat later. I made it thru the night w/o coughing. I am going to drink lots of water again today.

Jackie
Old 08-24-2004, 08:10 AM   #13  
LBH

Jackie, he was Hal, the starring role! Funny movie, but rather degrading too. On DS hanging pics of girls... That must've been a shocker for you initially, huh? I can't ever imagine Peter growing up and having more than a cute attraction to his little girlfriend Jade!

RR, are they letting you actually do P/T, or do you have to work 10hr days the other 4? Glad you've got one day to yourself and Kaylee though.

Karen, Glad you got at least one large glass in...try for 2 today! Bittersweet stopping nursing, isn't it? Peter couldn't have cared less in the end! I was ready too, but it was still sad...nice to get back into a normal bra though!!

I'm going on a field trip with daycare today! They're going to Wiggles & Giggles, it's kind of like a Gymboree I guess (never been to either). They have some free play time, and arts & crafts. They're only gonna be there for 2 1/2 hrs., but it should be fun!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #14  

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is feeling well. I had a bit of a setback yesterday if you look at my journal. Let me just sum it up for you...I ate like a pig. Last Friday I met with a personal trainer at my gym and she about killed me. I couldn't move for 3 days. Don't these trainers realize that by doing this, they're scaring people away? I'm never going to that lady again. I work out just fine by myself. I was on a good role by working out every other day and because of this lady, it's been 3 days since i've exercised. Well, i'm going to try to get back to it today. I'll also try to eat better, I promise! Take care everyone and chat with ya'll later.
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I need some exercise myself. Maybe a walk later.

news flash 193 today , down 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote