View Poll Results: What's the weather like today?
Hot and sunny 4 20.00%
Freezing cold with snow/sleet/hail 0 0%
It's raining (but not men unfortunately) 4 20.00%
Dry, but chilly 3 15.00%
Quite pleasant, not too hot, not too cold 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 06:26 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Morning girls,
hope you all had a good weekend. we've got new neighbours in the apartment downstairs. Booh. they are noisy, smoke and have screaming kids! and they've already swiped the front door mat (which i bought!). i've tried knocking on their door to say hello and get the mat back, but they don't answer it (prob cos they can't hear it with the volume of music/children). i do hope they turn out to be a lot nicer than i currently suspect!!
i'm going to be pretty busy here, so this will have to be a quick hello to you all!
possibly back later,
kirsty
Old 04-23-2001, 06:30 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

swiped means stolen/borrowed by the way!!
Old 04-23-2001, 07:14 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default I'm back!!!

Yay! Checking in once again from sunny (but not too warm not too chilly) Oxford, got back here last night after the journey from **** on Saturday which involved a lot of sitting around in airports and trying not to wander into the restaurant or the chocolate shop or the delicatessen or the (you get the picture...). Anyway, I am back and have spent the morning so far dealing with correspondence and chores and stuff, and sorting out my diary for the next term - so many things to do, and crises at work (student welfare stuff) waiting for me too. Ah well. Will see my supervisor this afternoon and find out what he thought about the chapter I sent him (or if he's read it...).

Kirsty - my raceforlife stuff (inc. pretty pale blue t-shirt!) was waiting for me when I got back. We have 2 months to go! I went out for a jog this morning, 25mins - I am easing back into it after more than a week off. It wasn't too bad, but I think I will sleep well tonight! Over the last week I have watched the Boston and London marathons on tv and pretty much convinced myself I will NEVER run for 5 hours ... ESPECIALLY not uphill like in the Boston one. EEK, eek and EEK again!!!

WI is tomorrow, so cross your fingers I will be below my 2nd 10%, get my 50lbs certificate AND be well on the way to being under 200...

Hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-23-2001, 09:06 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Welcome back Lolly!

Hello all. Well, this weekend was ok. I ate a little too much but did lots of yard work. That counts as exercise, right?

Kirsty, hope you new neighbors get their act together! Maybe they are just a bit unsettled after just moving in.

Lolly: sounds like you had a great time in Spain. I bet WI goes great.

ok, I have to get going. Hubby is out of town, so I will post from home tonight!

See ya -

Trish
Old 04-23-2001, 09:13 AM   #5  

Default GOOD MORNING

Hello to everyone this beautiful Monday morning! It is sunny and perfect here in Toronto today.

Kirsty- I hope your new neighbours shape up...and also return the mat...

Lolly- I am sure WI will go well....GOOD LUCK

Gotta run it is way too nice outside for me not to walk out there today!
Check back later....

lilhunnypot
Old 04-23-2001, 09:17 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone Gosh it's Monday already?? Hmm... just doesn't seem right. I hope you all had a good weekend. mine was really nice. Actually...I wound up staying away the whole weekend (since Thurs.) and only got back last night. It was so beautiful weatherwise...warm and sunny, esp yesterday. Very nice day to be outside. I think I need to get a hat to wear tho... I feel like I already got a sunburn on my face, ugh.

Kirsty...ick, they don't sound like very nice neighbors to have LOL. Better watch what all you leave outside!

Lolly...Are you glad to be home after being away so long?? I'm usually thrilled to get back home again. I love to travel but there's nothing like coming home after being away.

Trish...yard work definitely counts!

Okies well I may be back later again...all depending LOL. Hope you are all having a nice day
Old 04-23-2001, 09:46 AM   #7  

Default hi all

Sorry I have been absent from the board. I have so much to tell you! I can't even remember what I did on thursday but I guess I didn't post. On Friday I had a Dr appt and got xrays and then went to work for a little while at one l client, was totally busy, then went to go meet the boss at another client. It turns out that they couldn't meet with us so he let me have the rest of the day off instead of going back to client #1 since I had done all I needed to and it was 20 miles away. Yipee! I got to the gym by 2pm and exercised and felt great! I worked in the yard a little and made a yummy new dinner - pasta jambalaya. I was good on points since next day was WI.

Sat am I went to the gym and met DH at WW. He wasn't weighin in but I wnated him to go to my favorite meeting of the week becasue of the great leader. Well, I am so excited to say that I finally lost!!!! I lost 2.6 pounds and am back to the low 160s instead of mid 160s! I was so excited, I can not express in writing. I have made no progresson weigh loss in weeks and was horribly frustrated. But I am now at my lowest since Christmas. I really hope for 2 losses in a row!

Ok so Sat eve we had plans to go to a dinner party at a freinds house who always has good food. He always serves cheese and crackers and I love cheese. I counted every point the next morning and was 20 over for the day. I was totally ok with that because I had earned 6 exercise points that day! Yesterday I was good again and ate 21 points, saving 4, plus I got 7 exercise points. We worked outside a lot this weekend, I washed my car and cleaned the house. So I only have ato save 4 more points and I have broken even from my "extreme meal"!!!!!!!

One more thing, I have lots going on this week. We have a reception this morning for the new Director and there will be food. I brough 0 pt veggie soup, an organge and popcorn for lunch/snack to keep me going after the reception. I have a meeting tonight (at my house) and people are bringin food - alwasy yummy, high points. then on Thursday I am going out to lunch for the 4 women at work who are having babies. I have lots of challenges but I am feeling so much better about it. It has really helped me to have DH doing it with me and to have your support. I can not thank you all enough.

I am sorry to go on and on but I am so excited. I hope that others of you have good news to share as well.

Lolly - How was WI? I am sure that you have done quite well. Welcome home!

Kirsty - Sorry about the crappy neighbors. I hope it gets better once they are settled.

Shaylene - the weather here is great too. It should be in the 80s today. I wish I could be outside again. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

lilhunnypot - welcome to our wonderful group! enjoy the beautiful weather.

Trish - Yard work is great exercise and it adds up fast. How many points do you count it as? DH says 1 point per 20 minutes, I sometimes give it 1 point per half hour, depending.

I hope everyone comes to poast today since I am at a computer. I have a mixed up week at work and will not be able to post tomorrow or Thurs. See you later!!

Sarah
194.4/162.8/153WW YIPEE!!!!
Old 04-23-2001, 09:57 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Good monday morning (I think)

Hi girls!

Wel, the weekend went okay....Friday I went to Morroccan food with my sister and her DH, his brother, b/f and his sister. So it was three sets of siblings. It was fun. B/f told me how much he'd miss me this week he is away and stuff. Sat morning he left . Have not had a phone call yet, but he is camping so it may be tough to call. Will give him some slack.

Had horrible dream about him dating someone else and me finding out that I was only a friend to pass time - was devastating!! I am chalking it up to anxiety!!!

Other than that, hung with the family all weekend, shopped a bit, worked out (tae boe class !! Love that...).

Kirsty - I knew what swiped meant!! Yay!! How bizarre they would take that.....my neighbours snuck in a dog, heard it barking at 5am!!!

Lolly - welcome back!!!! Its is weird to be back?

Trish - yard work totally counts, I feel so sore after I do it!!

Shay - sun? What's sun? I am so jealous - we are just starting to get nice weather....maybe 19C this week!!

Sarah - its very cool that DH goes!! My ssiter is trying to get her DH to go, he is quite a little chub now - he says its fatherhood.....hmmmm.....

Well, got meeting.

Belle.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:01 AM   #9  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default WOW Sarah Good for you!!!

THat is awesome!! So glad you saw a lost. I know you will do fine over the next few days. You have everything planned and that is half the battle.

lilhunnypot YOu are stealing our sun! Im just an hour north of you and it is gray but dry and chilly! So, when can I expect that sun returned?

Trish Yard Work totally counts. In fact that is a great way to exercise!

Lolly Lolly glad you had a good time in Spain!! and welcome back! I am sure you will do great at wi. Good luck!

Kirsty I had a neighbor like that a few years ago. They were SO loud and partied ALL night. They had screaming kids and they were the family from ****. I hope that these people turn out to be not so bad. Hope you get your mat back!!

My weekend Well saturday I went over points ate way too much, but did manage to still write everything down. Yesterday was not too bad I ate minimum points and fought endlessly with myself last night. I so wanted to have a peice of toast smothered with butter.....big comfort food for me. I won! (this battle at least) I didn't have it. So, today will be another low point day and wednesday (after weighin of course) will be a high point day.

Emma is officially 9 months old!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! Only 3 more months and she will be a year old. WOW!

Hopefully I will make it back on later!!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-23-2001, 10:05 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Monday, eek!!

Hey everyone! Really busy here. Figures, since boss is on vacation. I have several loans to close this week, so I'll try to check back in later today.
Hi to everyone!
Have a great Monday!
Old 04-23-2001, 10:07 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default NEWS ABOUT THE EX!!!

Get this, heard the most awesome news!! B/f's sister told me that everyone hates the ex, that even all his friends, family, everyone, and she told him once and they fought about it - but he broke up with her a few days later. Says she is a control freak and couldn't ever have fun, used guilt trips alot too....wanted him on a leash all the time. That would explain why he is feeling afraid of commitment!! Oh wow...I said how she calls all the time, and she said its probably b/c she can't stand to lose, wants to maintain control still....well, not suprisingly really, is it??? I told her about his slight fear of commitment and she was like, yeah, he'll get over it, you seem really compatible and I have never seen him like this with anyone. She mentioned the wedding later on and if I was going with to New Brunswick, I said he iddn't ask me yet, and she said I should go that everyone wanted to meet me - having seen my pics and heard all about me from his mom. So, that was good!!

Yay, they hate the ex!!!!!

And, I quite like the sister so far, she is very amusing!!

MIss b/f!!

Belle
Old 04-23-2001, 10:50 AM   #12  
Parrothead

Default Do points count on the Weekend?

I hope not, because I can never seem to stay OP. I didn't do too bad on Friday, but I think I went over by 20 on Saturday . I just don't get it...I had such great intentions heading into the weekend.

DH and I had a date night on Saturday. We went to a place called Zio's and had wine and pizza. During the day I had done well (and earned 4 activity pts) but for dinner we got the spinich dip and I ordered the BBQ chicken pizza. I ordered it with 1/2 of the cheese and it was only 8" so I don't feel so bad. What got me was that I ordered a small popcorn at the movies. I LOVE movie popcorn so I couldn't resist. I counted it as 10 points, but it might be more. We saw BJ Diary and I loved it. Yesterday I was OP so that was good. WI is Wednesday so hopefully I can earn some serious activity points tonight and tomorrow.

DH and I tried the mushroom stuffed london broil from the old "Simply the Best" WW cookbook. I highly recommend this book. I have tried a lot of the recipies and they are really good. You might even be able to get it for a discount since its a couple of years old.

anyway, just thought I'd come here and confess the weekend. For all of you who had a loss ~ Way to go!

I have to run...I'll check back in later.

Kay

P.S. ~ For the poll, we're in a tiny apartment that costs way too much. We wanted to get a house, but since I don't know what I want to be when I grow up yet we're going to postpone. I'm giving myself another year to decide if I want to become a teacher and go back to school to get my masters. We would have to move to another town because my alma mater is the only school in TX with the program I want. Oh well, I'll figure it out sometime .
Old 04-23-2001, 10:55 AM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning Ladies.

I had a nice weekend. I think I did well with points and exercise. I'm hoping for a loss. But with the vacation the week before (and no weigh in b/c of the holiday) - I might just be breaking even. But I'm still hoping for a loss. I feel lighter - if that makes sense.

I had my first person notice my weight loss. Well, that's not totally true. Friends and family tell me they see the weight loss, but they also know I'm on WW. No one who wasn't aware that I was on WW has noticed. But a friend from out of town came and said I looked great and she could tell I lost weight.

I hate being single!

I went out every night this weekend and didn't drink! I am diong so well not drinking. Not only do I not have to bank for alcohol... I noticed how much money I've been saving. I don't even spend half as much in a weekend than I used to. It's awesome.

Kirsty - sorry about your neighbors. Sounds just aweful.

Lolly - Good luck tomorrow with your second 10%

Trish - Yard work is great exercise. I wish I had a yard.

Sarah - Awesome on the 2.6!!! You sound like you are on a roll!

Well, I weigh in in an hour. WIsh me luck - I'll report back soon!

Lisa
Old 04-23-2001, 11:04 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies!

Well, I couldn't vote on the poll. Our weather today is suppose to be 70 degrees, which is awesome, but we have 30 mile/hr winds. So, who can enjoy a day like that?

Belle ~ Glad to hear the background info on the "ex", hang in there with BF being gone, find some fun stuff to do, maybe invite "the sister" out for lunch or something. I am sure she is still a little loney, not knowing many people. I think it helps BF's when they know their families like their SO's. So, getting in good with them is a plus!

Lolly ~ So glad you are back, did you and BF have fun while he was visiting?

StaceyT ~ Good luck with the loans. DH and I will be going thru that process next week. We are buying 32 acres of land. Wish we could start building now, but don't have enough money for down payment yet, our loan officer said that we should have enough equity build in the land by next year at this time to build. We are planning on making a least double payments on the loan. TMI, right? If you have any insite, let me know, I love hearing advice from bank people!

Angie ~ 9 months is my most favorite age of children. My kids were so fun at that age. Chubby and drooling!

Sarah ~ Your weekend sounds so busy, but fun! It is nice to have things to look forward to!

Hi, Shalyne, enjoy the weather!

Kirsty ~ Good luck with the neighbors, they can make or break your living environment!!! Hopefully they turn out to be nice.

Well, as for me, it is already Monday, don't feel like working, but it is too windy outside to do anything fun. I guess there is a tornado watch out too. Spring in Wisconsin is thunderstorm central!

I ate pretty good this weekend, yesterday went over a bit, but that's o.k. I had WI on Sat, and stayed the same. I am still working on losing a few pounds, and hope that they will be gone before June. Once the weather cooperates around here, I plan on walking and biking more, but hasn't been nice enough out to do that.

Well, better get back to work. Check in later!
Old 04-23-2001, 12:58 PM   #15  
Go Avalanche!!

Default FRAZZLED!

What a Monday! Don't have time to read, but wanted to say 'hi' I had a really rough weekend but I'm determined to do damage control. Hubby and I are going to grocery store tonight and I'm going to get ingredients for some of the WW recipe's we get at meetings. I really need to increase my carbs. I think that's part of my sweets problem. I'm going to try to read this afternoon if things slow down at work *crosses fingers* Doing OK so far. Did have a Caramel Machiatto, but counting it and have a low point lunch ready and waiting for me (Tomato Basil soup - yummy!).

*hugs to all*

Bren
Closed Thread