Old 08-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #1  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

Default New to the site!

Hey guys, I just wanted to say hi and find out where I kind of belong on this site. I'm 20years old and I live in Michigan! I have lately been very upset and drained physically and mentally from my low self-esteem. I'm 5'2 and I weigh 118 and honestly I'm not happy, I've lost about 20lbs in the past year yet I'm still not happy with myself. I would like to be about 105-110 and it seems as if I jsut can't reach that goal! I was just wondering what are some of the diets you've guys tried..I've done everything from pills, to exercising to starving myself! It's been hectic and I sometimes worry I do have an eating disorder cause I catch myself feeling guilty after eating or I don't eat at all somedays I've purged..there's times when I binge eat then don't eat at all the next day! And deep down I'm worried and I have no one really to turn to. It's causing a huge hole in my relationship with my boyfriend beacuse he's tired of hearing me rip myself down to shreds, and it's to the point I hate when he even touches me! I don't know I just wonder if I'll ever be happy... well it's nice to meet everyone...looking forward to making friends through this site! thanks again guys good luck to all ofu
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

MellBell, first off welcome to the 20-somethings board. I'm glad you found us!

I hear you loud and clear. I struggle with some of the things that you have mentioned. I worry about what I have eaten, or didn't eat. I found what has really kept me focused is to think more not about my weight...although I do, but really focus on being healthy.

I plan my healthy meals, I make time to go work out. I try and stay on a schedule. I'm very organized in all other aspects of my life, so organizing my meals and workouts has really helped me. It keeps me so I don't overeat here and there, and I'm seeing results from excercising. Pretty much what works is the basics, Eat Right & Excercise.

Take care of yourself first and everything else will fall in to place. Good Luck to you.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

mellbell... i felt the same way that you did, in college. there was a lot of pressure to be thin. something i have realized is that being skinny doesn't solve life's problems, and it doesn't turn you in to a princess. Case in point: When I was 130 pounds strugging to get to 120 through extreme exercise and little eating, I was miserable. I still thought I was fat, I was crabby all the time, my boyfriend was sick and tired of saying "YOU AREN'T FAT" it was just making me crazy : I ended up gaining weight, which of course led to more self hatred.

I had a counselor my senior year in college because of this, and also a tough breakup with my boyfriend of 4 years. He helped me to realize that my happiness doesn't depend on how much I weigh, it depends on how I feel about myself. People don't love me because of my weight, they love me for me.

Anyway, I hate to go on and on, but here's my point (ah yes I knew I had a point): I weigh 160 pounds. Am I fat? Not really, I guess chubby, but I look good. I want to lose weight for my looks, my health and also if i want to have kids some day, and I am going to, but I am just so happy with my life that it doesn't matter how long it takes. I've only been losing 1 to 1.5 pounds a week, and that is fine with me.

mellbell, i am sure you are a beautiful girl, and if you want to lose a couple of pounds for yourself, i understand, but don't let it control your life, or destroy your body. I'm around any time you want to talk!!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #4  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

thanks so much guys! Tanny i see your deffinately ALOT of support around this site! I see your post everywhere. As soon as I saw you wrote my bf is sick of telling me 'your not fat' sounds to familiar. That's the thing I have good days and bad days! And I think it's just really hard in today's society with how everyone is so thin and always working on how they can look better! I think the only person i look up to in celebrity ways is kelly clarkson she is absolutely amazing how she doesn't care how much she weighs or what she looks like and she's completely successful! I don't know well I'm gonna start on Monday a strict healthy diet, if anyone has ANY suggestions HELP ME OUT!!!!!! thanks again
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote