Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:09 AM   #1  

Talking Fibromyalgia~~~#125

Hello....time for a new thread!

Last edited by Candicej; 08-18-2004 at 03:25 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:18 AM   #2  

Talking

Happy......I'm obsessed about everything not just my eating! I thought Meme lost weight due to her new medicine and no appetite? Sharon Stone is on meds for her stroke that keep her slim she told Oprah.

Meme, hope your spider bite gets better, I have had my toes bitten in the yard but not my hands. I now wear socks!!!!!!!!!!! I hate creepy crawly things!

Joanne..hope your sis gets better and they can help her. I can hear the worry in your post.

Mima...wow that gal sure can't eat very much, glad your condo sold and not to the man!

Hi anna and ally

You all keeping up with the olympics? The mens relay in swimming was awsome!

I'm trying to eat well for a few days so no cookies! I do have a new WW cookie recipe for 1 pt to try.............It's a no bake PB and choc one.

Last edited by Candicej; 08-18-2004 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:50 AM   #3  

Good morning!! Finally got some things done. I have a huge list since I was away. Meeting at church for the Fair. I think I will go over there this morning. Brad's uncle died yesterday morning. I don't know what the arrangements are yet. Probably Friday. I wanted to watch the gymnastics last night but they came on too late. We watched a movie-Anger Management. Funny but a little gross. And then the Red Sox game. I still woke up at 5. Alison doesn't have school yet. Mike found out his insurance wasn't in effect-their fault because I know he took care of it, he faxed it from here. They are still going to cover though, as far as I know. It's getting muggy again here. Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 AM   #4  

Joanne, I didn't see your post. Pacemakers work good=look at what Cheney has to do and he's running again. She will feel better than she has. Our prayers are with you. Mima
Old 08-18-2004, 07:25 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody...Yes I am really worried about my sister . She now has clots in her heart and will be on blood thinners for 3-4 weeks till that is cleared up. Then they will be able to install the pace maker and defibrillator.She will not be able to do anything more than her personal care not even is she allowed to cook a meal until that time. She must just stay alive. Grim as that sounds that is it..After that she may be able to have something of a normal life..
I pray for her care and welfare daily...
In the meantime ,I am still trying to watch my weight. The urge to snack is always with me...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:50 AM   #6  

I can see why you are worried, Joanne. Prayers are with you both. Went o the church and started working on my dusty crafts stuff-so much yard sale stuff to be organized. I got a lot done but I won't be there today because we found out at 5:30 last night that Brad's uncle's funeral is today. Glad my SIL called because we don't get the local newspaper. Anyhow, I have to bake this morning before we go. He is going to be buried in his Moxie tshirt-he was a character. My mind is racing with all I have to do. I am also going to make a simple quilt for the raffle. Believe me, it's simple. Bye for now Mima
Old 08-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #7  

Good afternoon or evening, depending on where you are

Candice - Hope you are feeling ok. I have been watching some parts of the Olympics. Canada is doing awful, but I sure enjoy watching everybody. It is amazing some of things they can do. I loved the sychronized diving and the gymnastics. Great stuff. Have you made your new recipe yet? I have been trying to wean myself off all sugar, including cookies. It is really hard, especially when the darn fatigue strikes. I think I have that one figured out now as well. It is caused from the medication I take for Atrial Firbrillation. Did some reading and it is one of the side effects. It makes sense, since it slows the heart beat.

Joanne - as I said, we are all here for you. I do hope your sister will be just fine. She may have a different life, but that isn't always bad. She is the same age as I am. Just hold our hands and know that we are thinking of both of you.

Mima - The church garage sale sounds like a big project and making a quilt even bigger!! Mygoodness, you are one ambitious lady. Hope the funeral was not too stressful for you. Glad the deal with your condo is concluded. That must be nice for you.

Hi Meme and Anagram - hope you both are out having fun!

Well, ladies take care, I am off to make some supper. It looks like it is going to rain big time here, very soon. It was a beautiful day, but for the next week, it is going to be downright cold - one of the days is only going to 10C - only 52F. So look out, because it will come here first. It felt like Fall out there around noon. You know, those nice mellow days! Ah, well, not much one can do about the darn weather. It is what it is. Take care.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:46 AM   #8  

Here's one to start your morning off, RIGHT!!!! It is so cute. Turn up your speakers http://www.spiritisup.com/cuppy.html
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:09 AM   #9  

Good morning. The funeral was nice-they played a beautiful song at the end-My Old Man sung by Phil Coulter. It reminded Brad and his sister of their own father. Brad's uncle was loved by a lot of people so there were a lot of people there. We went to his cousin's afterwards . They built a log cabin-it was beautiful. And I ate cookies-my own that I broughtOatmeal with chocolate chip-didn't help my allergies. Brda's son was there and his relationship with his girlfriend is over-found that out from Brad's ex-wife and here husband who were sitting in back of us. I had never met her and Brad forgot to introduce me. DUH!! He said that was the first time they ever had a decent conversation, She is bi-polar . Anyhow, life is interesting, Joanne, I hope things improve with your sister. Soon!!!!Sounds like she has to take a 180 degree turn. Look at how Anagram deals with her own health and her husband's. I guess it's one day at a time. I guess you realize how vulnerable we all are. Still praying!!!Be good everyone. Mima
Old 08-20-2004, 08:16 AM   #10  

Yes HAPPY I made the new cookie one and it is not sweet at all and not really like a cookie but a healthy snack...has oats, coco, PB, splenda, and oil in it and it's a no-bake. They are tiny things and not really worth a whole pt!

I have been doing 2 miles on my treadmill even though my hips are screaming..I have been laying on the tennis balls!!!!!!! Eating at 18pts for a week too! Fatigue will hit I
m sure.

Happy...what are they doing about your hip?

Joanne..thinking of you and your sis...Hugs!

Mima...you are one busy lady!

I just love watcing the olympics..US is doing great I think! Paul Hamm and Carry Paterson should be a couple! (the Olympic all around Gymnastics winners of the gold medal)..both so cute!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #11  

Candice-18 points is too low to lose weight-your body will go into deprivation mode!!!!!!What a thunderstorm we had last night. The dog was trying to get in bed with us. Now it's just raining. Can't believe I am going top be 66=that's why I stay so busy-can't think about it!!!!Did some work at the church but now I need help because I also need to work at home making things-going to make 2 simple quilts. I mean simple-found some quilt pieces already made-just have to sew rhem together and back it. Hope you are ok Joanne-I know how hard it is going to the hospital all the time-it takes over your life. Anne, that cat pic is adorable. Speaking of adorable, I am sending meme my latest pic of Evan to please post. I took out my baby pictures today and I know where Evan gets his pumpkin head. And eyes and mouth. Mike had the same but now he looks just like his father. Funny. Not important either. Going to sew today. I bought a sewing basket to organize my things and it had bird poop on it-it was sitting way up high in Walmart and clerk said they had birds that fly in. I sanitized it!!!!!Bye for now Mima
Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #12  

Mima.....I ate at 23 last night and am at 20 today. I need to eat at 18 some of the time...does WW frown on that now that they say to eat at 20? i'm still on the old program.................123 not flex pts.

Can't wait to see Evan!

Poop on store stuff, yuck......did you get a discount?
Old 08-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #13  

Well... wait no more ... here's the little cutie-pie!

You guys have been really busy this week. Took me forever to catch up! Hope your sister will be ok Joanne. Mima ... busy as ever. I've been a couch potato this week. Haven't been feeling too good. Candice ... while your downfall has been cookies, mine seems to be brownies. I've been eating them by the pans full. (well... I've been MAKING them ... I've had a LOT of help when it comes to the eating part!) Last week, baby Jenna helped me eat two pans and this week Garrett and Kaylyn helped me ... 'course hubby's been right there over the pan, too! (Ross prefers cookies!) My son even came in last night and had the last one and a glass of milk. Guess I'll have to make more!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:49 PM   #14  

Default Hey There

I am doing great- My sister is just hanging out taking her meds and waiting till she gets rid of this blood clot and can get the pacemaker in..
What a cute baby!! Mima, the lucky G/ma! I have to say I am jealous. Candice I could only wish to stay at 18-20 points. Lately it has been a trial. Meme, I don't dare make brownies. I love them and I would eat the most.Happy Thanks for your thoughts.
Thanks for your prayers everybody.. Have a good weekend.....Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:23 AM   #15  

Cutie Pie Mima, yes I can see you in him!

Meme, Betty Crocker ahs a 2pt brownie mix, but maybe you like to make them form scratch? I love brownies too and with icing!

Joanne...I think with my added exercise right now I need to increase pts, I am feeling kinda weak and hungry.............

I did a tad bit of work outside and then walked the TM but could only do about 45 min and my hip started bothering me. I stretched it out and then got an old walk areobics tape out and did it another 30 minutes, hip still hurting......standing in place walking seems to bother it so I tried to just keep moving about the living room and finished the tape. (suppose to be 2 miles but my pedometer said only 1), anyway I'm at 17,000 steps and that is good!