Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:48 PM   #1  

Question cost of ww

I am going to join ww but I was wondering about how much it cost. I know that the weekly fee is either 9.95 or 13 for a week but when you join is there any additional fee at that time? I understand that you get a bunch of stuff that you need to help you get started and to continue so I was wondering if that was included in the weekly fee or you have to buy a bunch of stuff upfront?

I live in Massachusetts, but I don't think the cost is different in other areas. Am I right? Anyway, I'd appreciate anyone's help.

Cathy
Old 08-15-2004, 08:06 AM   #2  
14 lbs to go!!

I am lucky and joined at work and paid 144 for the entire 12 week session. But I had to pay this price PLUS an additional 40 registration fee at the regular meeting for my daughter.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #3  

fatcat1965,

You also have to pay a registration fee when you join along with your weekly fee. Sometimes WW has specials where you forego the registration fee and just pay the weekly fee. Go to www.weightwatchers.com On the page that comes up, you will see "Find a Meeting". Type in your zip code and it will search for any meetings near you. Scroll until you find where you will be attending your WW meeting, click onto "prices and special offers" and it will tell you if WW is having any specials going on and if not, it will tell you your registration fee and your weekly meeting fee. Hope I didn't confuse you too much. Where in MA are you from? I was born and brought up in Framingham, but moved to NH 30 yrs. ago. Good luck.

Aleka
Old 08-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #4  

I live in Shrewsbury right now. Been here for 6 yrs at the beginning of October. Before that I lived in Western Mass. I miss the mountains and just the beauty of the Berkshires but this area is petty too. I wish that the ww website would say what the registration fee is but I guess that'll be a surprise. I'm a little disappointed because I think it would be smart, money wise, for me to wait until I get my first full weeks paycheck. Oh well. Thanks for responding Angie and Aleka.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:03 PM   #5  
Certified Diva

S/C/G: 204.2/162.6/145

I would think the week of August 22nd they'd have a no registration fee week or two...usually do that when they roll out new programs....
Old 08-16-2004, 08:55 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

People plese remember that some regions do follow the no registration some have 1/2 price some have other specials. It really depends on the region or if you are a franchise or W/W International.

The best advise when someone asks about the cost is to refer them to the W/W site and/or have them call the 800 number.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #7  

Thank you folks for answering my post. I think I have an idea of the starting cost and it looks like I'll be able to start this week and have my daughter start next week. I appreciate all your help.

Cathy
Old 08-16-2004, 11:29 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

is your daughter a minor? If so check and see she may be able to attend for free with you. Call the 800 number.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:33 PM   #9  

yes, she is. she's 15. I've made an appt with her doctor, which is a week from today, so that she can get the doctors note for ww's. That's why she has to wait until next week before she can join. I don't see her having a problem with my daugther joining ww.
Closed Thread