Here we go.
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #2  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up

Hello again...
Hi Star...Glad to see you could break away for alittle and post. You are working way too hard today. I hope you'll be ready to play tomorrow.
I was reading some of the earlier posts from the beginning of the month and someone had asked about the green plan. I asked about that one today. They said it was for 128 pounds or less. They basically told me not to woory about that one until I get that low. But I did look at it, and what it is, is two of everything, 1 fat and 4oz. of dairy.
I'm on the gold plan now. What is everyone else on?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:41 PM   #3  
One meal at a time!

We must have posted at the same time. For me, I have sugar free jello every night too but mine is a cup of it instead of 1/2. I also use as much butter spray as I want and also as much lite dressing as I want. Also the no salt added ketchup. So for me, No I don't follow the 2 per day rule at all. I also found out that once you get to the first week of stabilization, the first thing that's added back is your free foods. As much as you want.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #4  
One meal at a time!

Kris,
I know what you mean about the green plan. Geez, I about starve to death on the gold plan. I was at 149 when I weighed in this morning and my goal for now is 130. I started off with a 120 pound goal back in March and the center says it should be (118). I don't think I can go that low though. So for now my goal is still 130 and I'll decide what to do from there (if I ever get there)
Old 08-12-2004, 02:47 PM   #5  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi again,
Like I said I've become addicted here - not sure how I will survive once I go back to work in a month!!!

Kris: I'm so glad that what I said made you feel better - I know you're going to make your goal as planned - you're doing great!!! About the free foods - I'm what you call a neurotic dieter - I haven't been able to bring myself to doing the free foods at all - I'm always afraid that any little *extra* even though it's okay - is going to tip the scale.

Star: Congrats on your loss - that's great!!! I wish I had an answer about the weekends at the lake. Will power is all I can say - though I know that's really hard. I have prepared meatloaf for my family tonight - I wish I could have some - I will be sticking with the chicken - can't afford a cheat right now. As for my meal plan, so far I haven't been too creative - I'm too obsessed with reaching that first minigoal. Generally in the morning I'll have a scrambled egg with morton lite salt, a quaker unsalted rice cake (I put the egg on top of the rice cake), and a piece of fresh fruit - whatever is on plan that I'm in the mood for. Snack is an LA Lite Bar - usually chocolate mint, and either a piece of fresh fruit or now an LA Pina Colada. Lunch is very low sodium tuna on a rice cake, fresh lettuce with a teaspoon of Olive Oil, and a celery stalk. Afternoon snack I do 8 oz. of Skim Milk with an LA Lite Shake in my Smoothie maker and a piece of fresh fruit. Dinner is either chicken, turkey, or veal of some sort, salad and some sort of green veggie on program. Not too inventive on my part!!! I have been doing an unlimited Lean Cuisine from the Fast Tracker occasionally for lunch, and yesterday I tried the Slim Down which was good. Occasionally I'll do a cereal bar and tablespoon of peanut butter at breakfast so as to keep within the egg ration. Gotta Run.
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:51 PM   #6  
One meal at a time!

Kristi,
I'm 5'2 also. I weighed 161 when I started and when I went in they asked me what my goal was. I told them 120. They said I should weigh 118. I think it's just way too thin. My friend Star is 5'7 and they told her she should weigh 133. I'm in Alabama and she's in Michigan. I think we both need to go to your center. I told them a few weeks ago that my new goal was 130. I figure if I get down that low, I can do the the other 5 on my own. The counselors at my center are so thin. They look anorexic. I guess they went by their own weight chart too.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:52 PM   #7  

Kris:
I don't stick to the two free foods, I couldn't if I tried. I never really did but I would still lose anyway.
diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #8  

June,
Thanks for the congrats, but .4 isn't very much....But thanks anyhow - I'll take it.
So how long have you been on LA and how much have you lost? From your menu I can tell you are really motivated, can you please toss some of that will power over my way?
Star
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:28 PM   #9  

Sorry, kid call, and so I didn't get to finish what I wanted to say.

RustyWallaceFan: They started me on the Gold Plan, but switched me up to the Red Plan after one week since my gains were almost as much as my losses, and after 2 days of Take-Off followed by Gold Plan I only lost 1.8 pounds - very disappointing by the way, because when I went on WW 6 years ago, at just about the same starting weight, I lost 7 pounds in the first week alone!! My counselor called the corporate dietician and we went over my daily activities which include a daily 3 mile walk, 20 minute work out with the Easy Steps tape they gave me, and since it's summer and we have a pool, several laps each morning after my walk. They decided that I definitely needed more food for that sort of activitiy - sounded strange to me at first - but I cannot argue with the numbers as I finally started to lose at a faster pace. I know I'll have less time once I start back to work, and we generally close the pool at the beginning of October, so I will most likely go back to the Gold Plan at the time, unless I can replace the swimming with something else and also keep up the other activities - but with two school age children who need to be carted around to various activities - I don't think I'll be able to excercise as much as I do now.

Kris and RustyWallaceFan: I looked at the Green Plan, one of the counselors in my center is currently on that plan to lose that stubborn last few pounds. I don't think I could ever do that plan for any extended length of time - I'm sure I'd faint or something. The manager at my center is of the opinion that the Green Plan only works if you are basically sedentary - otherwise you'll be just too hungry. She has encouraged the other counselor to stick with the Gold Program and kick up her excercising. She said she'd never put me on the Green Plan, and I heaved a sigh of relief!!!

I should probably give you a little history about my weight issues. I was always extremely thin (so much so that people would say I looked anorexic). However, I was just thin by nature - I always ate everything I wanted in great quantity!!! Coming from a European family, pasta dishes were a main staple, homebaked fresh bread, and lots of red meat. I'm not quite sure how I didn't gain weight because as I've said I've always had a constipation problem - so I really don't know where the food went!!!! When I got married I was 5'7" and 115 pounds soaking wet and a size 3 - that will give you an idea of why I've been so neurotic about dieting. Our photographer told me not to stand sideways for any of our wedding pictures because he couldn't see me. Having two children didn't change the situation either. I went home in from the hospital both times in street clothes - though not a size 3!!! By the time I went to my six week check up with both kids I was back down to prepregnancy weight. So what happened to me???? Entering the 30 something years, slowdown of metabolism I'm sure, and just plain not being able to eat the way I used to. That brought me to weight watchers 6 years ago and I did very well with that, reaching goal and finishing maintenance in the month of April, after having started the program the September prior. Basically I learned what my body could handle now that I was no longer a "kid." I simply couldn't eat the same way I used to. I was able to keep that weight off for five years, until my mom was diagnosed with cancer a year ago. I'm an emotional eater - all or nothing - as a result of stress. I went the *all* route, and was also on medication, which didn't help my situation and caused me to gain the weight back very rapidly. I won't put all the blame on the medication - but it certainly speeded things up. So here I am, trying to get my head back together and back on track. I'll apologize now for the lengths of my posts!!!! However, I venting and coming to terms with my issues is helping a great deal. Hugs everyone!!!
June
Old 08-12-2004, 03:40 PM   #10  

Star,
Sorry, you must have posted while I was writing again. I started LAWL on July 15, so I am just completing my fourth week. Net loss as of yesterday was 9.8 pounds, but that doesn't include the 3 pounds I gained doing the first two days of the program!!!! According to my scale I am down .5 today - but like I said I'm not going to count that till I weigh in. My first minigoal is to be down 10 pounds by August 19, and I'm hoping my losses continue. If my scale is right I'm past that minigoal right now - but I'm going to be cautious. I promised myself a small treat if this is the real thing at weigh in - which I think I will do tomorrow morning, if not then on Saturday - depending on how things go. My *treat* is a $10 beaded ankle bracelet. Big treat right!!! But I figure it will remind me that I've taken the first step in the right direction. And Star, a loss is a loss, no matter what it is!!!!
June
Old 08-12-2004, 04:00 PM   #11  
One meal at a time!

Ok, here's my story...
A year ago in May, I weighed 180 pounds. My Mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2000 and unfortunetly I lost my Mom almost 2 years ago (November)
I didn't realize I had gained so much. I guess my mind wasn't really on my weight. Then in May 2003 I had went to visit my brother and his family. My
S-I-L had just starting going to LAWL (which now she is 75 pounds lighter) But anyway, I came home and went to a local weight loss place that I had tried before (she already had my start up fee from before) and I lost 30 pounds. I then went to the Talladega races for the weekend and was comfortable with my weight after losing 30 pounds so I never went back. I tried other diets in between before starting LAWL in March. Since then, I had a vacation, another Talladega weekend, and two holidays to deal with. I was really just playing around with the diet for months, losing the same 5 pounds over and over. Then on July 29, I went to the center and the counselor really chewed my butt out.So, I've been on plan ever since. I've lost 12 pounds since March and 4.75 of that since the 29th. So far so good.
Ok, who's next.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #12  
One meal at a time!

Oh, and my age is 44. I live in Alabama but am orginally from Maryland.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:57 PM   #13  

Hi,
Sorry, I have been so busy at work today. I just jumped on here and read your stories. Geez, looks like none of us have had an easy road to ride huh? Thank you all for sharing your personal life. If there was more time I would share mine, but I will have to do that tomorrow since it's almost time to go home.....
But I will be back tomorrow for some of this great motivation.......
Oh, I joined LA on April 6th, start weight then: 181.8, current weight 166.4.....I'm 5'7" and they say I should weigh 133. I'm old - the speed limit-55 (But don't spread that around okay?) I think at 133 I would be one big wrinkle....I live in the Great Lake State-Michigan.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:58 PM   #14  

Hi everyone: It's interesting to hear from such different LAWL centres. At my centre, I believe only 1 counselor is slim. The others are all overweight. Odd, isn't it? I think they are all on the LAWL program too. Maybe it's just because the centre only opened in February. I'm 5'3 and a half inches tall and my goal is 130. I actually think I'd like to be 120 but that may just be too unrealistic for me. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.
Beachlover
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #15  

Kris: Thanks for allowing me to share my story!!! I'm so sorry about your mom, death and cancer are so difficult to deal with - thank you for sharing. My mom is currently in remission, but she has had some setbacks, as well as other medical conditions - it's tough to deal with, and I try my best, but knowing that this is not a situation I have any control over is probably one of the hardest things to deal with. I can't remember if you said what part of the country you are from - I will have to look back at the posts.

Beachlover: Have a wonderful holiday!!!! Enjoy it!!!!

Time to put the meatloaf in the oven - boy I wish I could have some ((( This will be a real test of willpower!!!

Have a good evening.
June