Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Chit Chat #68

Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!

We would love to have you join us in everyday chit chat....whether it be about weight loss or you just feel you need someone to talk to.....We are here for you!

So grab a cup of something good and join in!! EVERYONE is welcomed!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Julie~ Sorry to hear that you are having a bad day. Is there a local news station that does investigative reporting? Here in MI, they have Ruth to the Rescue, you could call them and tell them about the guy ripping you off, and they might look into it if they know that others have been ripped off as well.

Marti~ Thanks for checking the site out. My mom loves doing the website, although I have gone on there and she had left some things out or hadn’t updated a couple pictures. But who can blame her with all the kids at home? Good luck with the job.

Jana~ I know that it is over 1,000, but I am not sure the exact count. I will have to check it out, but I believe I have gotten over the 1,200 mark each day. The day that I was going to mention the birthday party idea to my hubby, ironically we got a catalog from Birthday Express. So, we were looking through it to see if they had any ducky themes and sure enough they do, but it only feeds eight. So we will have to look around at different stores. I know it can be done because I was just at a baby shower where the theme was rubber duckies.

TJ~ My motivation is getting into a better body shape for our friend’s wedding next May. But I just found out a couple hours ago that we have yet another wedding to go to……next month!!! So I am setting a mini-goal for myself to be down closer to the 200 mark by then, which I think I can do! I get on my bike in the morning after I feed Brandon at 5am….but I am also thinking about adding a night time turn on it. Will that help me or harm me? It seems like after 9pm, I don’t have anything else that HAS to be done, so I just get on here and check my mail.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:29 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Me again with a health update. Went for my paps test today and to get an order for my mammogram. Dr. decided I should have a CT scan and the mammogram. I could not believe they got me in for those TOMORROW. Unheard of to get in that quickly. Anyway, maybe I will get some answers, maybe not, but at least we are working on it. (I had lost 4 pounds since I was on his scales last)
Had a nice lunch with my DD and told her I would drive them to the airport Fri. I hate doing that because I have to say goodbye to her and the grandsons out in public. Breaks my heart.
I did laundry and made a dish of potato salad today. Oops, there come those 4 pounds back!! Tonight was my first night of not walking 2 miles for over a week. I will get back to it tomorrow.
Marti- I hope you get good news from the interview. I think you handled it just right.
Mindee- I also looked at the web site. What a wonderful family. Have fun Sunday.

Hope to chat tomorrow night! Hi to all the JL's.

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:27 AM   #4  

Hi girls--

I was getting ready for bed and thought I would stop in.

Anyone ever watch "Stepmom" with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon? I just finished watching that...the end had me in tears. I was almost sobbing!! It was a touching movie. Everytime I watch a movie with Susan Sarandon I just picture her in the movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" anyone see that movie? (I loved it) And since I'm on the topic of movies here...anyone watch "The Big Fish" or "Phone Booth" ? James and I rented the big fish off the satellite...and we recorded the Phone Booth and haven't watch it yet....any good? I really liked the Big Fish...that made me cry too.

Sue--I sure hope everything is ok with you. I worry with all the visits to the dr's you making. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Mindee--The site your mother made was very sweet and touching. You have a wonderful mother to do something like that. What a wonderful family.

Shanna--Forgot to mention earlier...I asked about where the lab is located that I would be working for....it's the one by the Sacred Heart Hospital...so I won't be in your area if I get the job, I was so disappointed!! Who am I going to bug each night for lunch???????

Angie--Thank you for the postcard!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I would love to someday visit!! Now to find a pretty and impressive postcard of my area to send to you. (that outhouse in the country is a cute tourist attraction!!)

Well I'm going to go dry my eyes and then take a quick shower and go to bed.

You all have a good night!! Sweet dreams.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:25 AM   #5  

hey girlies---

marti-- i have watched big fish and phone booth both and they are really good. totally different types of movies. big fish as you know keeps you fascinated with all the tales and phone booth as you will find out keeps you on the end of your seat. youll enjoy.

well, im hoping to go walk tonight and of course, ill have to do my 100 squats and 100 crunches for the dual. LOL - i love that word. i used to put on a tight bra and do jumping jacks-that does your whole body good.

well, ill try to check in later. hope everyone has a good day.
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Happy Thursday, ladies!

Susan - I think it's so nice that you've been praying for guideance regarding the CG. What would we do without prayer??? I feel blessed, don't you? So... CG is Irish with an Italian last name..... can't wait to know more about him. So when did you say you may meet for coffee?

TJ - like the others said, when you fall off the wagon is when you need to be here the most. Glad you are up to a dual! We have a Save A Lot here, too.

Marti - the outfit you wore sounds very nice. Yeah, I saw Stepmom and cried my little heart out. That was a few years ago... I liked how the mom tricked the girlfriend with the concert tickets, lol.

Jen - I haven't got the Christmas catalog yet, but I assume it's coming. Ordered 6 things from the Fall one, and wanted to order about 66! Hope you have a good, long weekend even with doing the client checks.

Mindee - the family web site is awesome! Your mom has really worked hard on it! Love your family photo. Is the dog Cheyenne?

Sue - hope they find what's wrong with you.

Hello to Angie, Cristi, Shanna, RosieKate, Heather, Julie, and anyone else I may have missed.

Katie and I are going to finish shopping for school clothes today. (school starts Tuesday!) She still needs a couple more pairs of jeans and a coat. May have to get the coat later, but I noticed a lot of them are available, and are on sale!

Neal is putting in a sandbox for the DGDs today. Won't that be fun for them? And for grandma, too.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi & Good Morning to All~

My you ladies had a busy day posting yesterday! I am going to have to start checking in 2 or 3 times a day to keep up! Of course I don't have time to post after reading it all but will be back later and try to catch up.

Do want to say to Mindee-wow! And I thought my family was big. I haven't had a chance to look at the whole site but will later. I noticed the MACS (Make A Child Smile) stamp on the site and had to mention that I have been frequenting MACS for a few years now, actually get the emails monthly with the new kids for the month and updates and sending cards to the kids. I even have a bumper sticker on my car because I think this is the greatest site and what Alexandria has done for all those families over the years is wonderful, not to mention all the people who send gifts and cards to these children. All it takes is a card and a stamp to make a childs day.

Anyway...will do individulas later ladies. Need to get dressed and out the door in just a few minutes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Morning Ladies,
Marti I bawled with Stepmom,,,it would have to be one of my favorite movies,,,and Steel Magnolia's. Twp great Movies to clean out the tear ducts...lol
(Im stage managing Steel Magnolia's this fall/winter, I was kinda disappointed to hear its not the same as the movie,,,) Phonebooth lots of swearing,,,but good, Big Fish I enjoyed...a little on the weird side but once I actually watched it was cool.
Jana, I don't know its just because its boys but Brandon and I have only shopped for one new pair of jeans. I did pick up a few dress shirts for really awesome deal a week ago, and he likes to wear them with a tee under it. Bought shoes right before school ended, so we are set. Need to pick up some pens and I can't remember what kind he likes.
Tanner well probably today we will go and do some shopping, I more or less have gotten all his supplies.
TJ, girl this is the place you come to when you are fallen off the wagon and have been run over by it! We will help you up, dust you off and tell you to walk it off...literally walk it off...lol
Sue, well its good to know things are moviing fast for you in getting results, I hate the waiting game. Brandon and I go back to find out the results of his CT.

Last night went to BP for wings with the girls...there was a young girl who worked with us and is leaving soon to go off to college in my home town. So even thou I don't work there anymore and all, we all got together for a going away party. We laughed so much ,,,gawd we are embarrassing some times...lol Ever laugh so hard you snort? ya there was alot of snorting..lol
I had to work a quick case yesterday,,to get information from a place...it was hilarious,,,a tool shop. I played the ditzy I know nothing about tools, and I don't want to break a nail,,,but Im here looking for a gift for my husband. Had the guy eating out of my hand,,,hilarous. He showed me how to use these tools,,,and their names. Thing is I have all them same tools, that Monte and my parents bought me over the years...lol
Mindee, wow your family site is awesome...remarkable parents.

Well Im thinking of going back to bed,,,
Hello to all, Susan, Katie, RK, Heather, Jen,
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Okay...let's see if I can get caught up.

Oh Angie~I can't watch Steel Magnolia's because it is too sad, even though I have. But when it gets to the end I immediately turn it. It always makes me cry, maybe more so because I know it is based on a true story and the thought of her dying and leaving that baby behind kills me. Funny about the snorting-I DO snort when I get to laughing really hard. Of course the snorting gets me laughing even more. Funny about the tool store.

Jana~would have stayed and chatted with you yesterday but had to go, sorry. I am going to try and make the chat tonight, at 9 right? About the show Trading Spouses, next Tuesday's show they are trading dads, that should be interesting. The first two shows it was moms. PT is definitely helping, there is a big difference from yesterday and today and she seems to think she can get my arm working the way it should so I will be going till I don't have to anymore. Supposed to help my bad posture also.

Marti~glad the interview went well. Keeping my fingers that you get the job. I don't know why I giggle when nervous but it annoys me sometimes. I feel like I am not going to be taken serious but don't know how to stop it! I have seen the movie Step-Mom, good one and another that makes me cry. I too like Susan Sarandon. Also, saw Phone Booth, wasn't too impressed with it but it wasn't bad-I did watch the whole thing so it couldn't have been too bad or I wouldn't have finished watching it. Haven't heard of the Big Fish-what is that one about and who is in it?

RosieKate~can't remember if you said where you guys are going for vac but I hope you guys have a GREAT time!! And take lots of photo's! I did check out that thread on Dottie's, the other night as a matter of fact. I didn't have time to read it but did print it out. Glad you are doing good with it.

Sue~boy that was fast getting an appt. so soon. Hope everything goes well for ya. I hate good-byes whether in public or private. Just have never been good at saying it. Most of the time I won't even say it, instead I will say see ya or see ya later.

Jen~hope you got that much wanted sleep/rest. At least you can catch up on your long weekend.

Susan~okay girly you can't throw us for a loop and go for a cantaloupe! Just when you got me talked into the watermelon you go and switch on me! Guess what I had for dinner last night? Yeppers, watermelon! All that talk about it got me craving it and I HAD to have one! I must say it was delicious! I actually had a kosher (spear) pickle, a bowl of watermelon and a diet coke for dinner. For some reason I wasn't hungry except for watermelon! Michael sounds like a cutie pie!! An Irish/Italian named Michael, hmmm...you must share a photo with us. And of course he would want to see you after seeing your photo silly!

Julie~Yeah those lojack things for people aren't common at all. The family I saw them doing it on had a medical problem and that was the main reason for it. And so they wouldn't have to wear the jewelry. But what got me was how is anyone supposed to know they actually have it if it is not common? It showed them putting the little bitty chip in their arm. Kind of cool if you think about it. Sorry to hear about your car. You might want to contact the BBB about that guy, they can at least try and get your money back for you, or at least part of it.

Mindee~I have to agree with Jana about the 1000 cals. that is very low, even 1200 seems really low. And burning 4000 cals. not sure about that. I know it takes 3000 cals. to lose 1 pound but if you are buring 4000 a day that seems like a lot. Especially if you are only getting 1000-1200 cals. a day. But I am no medical official, it's JHMO. I am going to check out your site a little later that is quite a family.

TJ~girly this is the place to come when you fall off the wagon. Lord knows I have enough times but I just keep getting back on. And coming here helps so when you need to talk or fall off the wagon, whatever, just come here for some support lady-that is what we are here for. About the money, yeah I read that somewhere and that's why I didn't want to take it back because they were so very grateful to have their family member back. I had told the lady (Dianna) when she said I am going to give you some money but I don't have my purse-I told her no that is not necessary. She said it again when leaving and I told her no again and she said "YES! I will be back" So I felt after her husband brought over the card and after reading it that it would be an insult to them if I took it back-because honestly I dont think they would have taken it back. Still don't know what I am going to do with it though.

Okay, wow, now that was a book there. Geez, I need to start checking back a few times a day to keep up with you ladies. Funny though, when I do check a few times a day seems everyone is busy and then when I don't you ladies get chatty. I need to get going and make a grocery list, do a couple of loads of laundry and sweep and mop the bathrooms. I love those swiffers!! Went to Target this morning and picked up a few things, bought a plant that I need to put in a bigger pot. Going to work on the counter/bar in the kitchen later. We have a counter/bar dividing the kitchen and dining area but it doesn't hang over and we want to put some bar stools there and use it to eat at since no one ever eats at the table. I will definitely be back later this evening to get in on the chat later. TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:19 PM   #10  

Hello girls--

Got a late start this morning...I stayed up late reading...then I woke up early when James came home and got to sleep in a little with him....long enough for me to think..."I gotta get up or my whole day feels wasted!"

TJ--Did you do your situps and squats?? Just for an idea....you can always break up the 100 to 50 in the morning and 50 at night.......that's if you're not used to doing them of coarse.

Jana--Do you want to take Jhanai shopping with you?? School here doesn't start until after Labor Day. And she is already for back to school shopping!! She's already told me places she wants to go......I love going shopping...wish they had cute clothes for me to wear!!

Angie--Like I've said before...I would LOVE to go with you on one of your cases!! You have such an entertaining life! And the energy you possess is something else!! Bet you can't wait for that upcoming vacation to Cuba!!!

Cristi--Big Fish has Ewan McGregor in it and some others that I don't know.....but it about this son who is talking about the life of his father who is a story teller. (exaggerates) it's a touching story...a little different and almost fantasy like...but I love it. And like Ewan McGregor helps a lot too!

Morning to the rest of you girls out there!!

Not much on my agenda for the day. I'm relieved that I don't have any interview to go to and my husband is home for a little bit so I can relax with him part of the day before he has to leave again. He's thinking of taking another personal day off next week. That will be nice.

The Lane County Fair is coming up next week...I'm not going to it unless James is home and wants to go....I never ride on the rides so Jhanai prefers to go to it with her dad....and promised her that I would give her some money so she can enjoy it. What's nice about where they live...since the fair is so close....the neighbors around the fair grounds get free entry.....I guess a token for putting up with all the traffic and noise. So I thought that was pretty cool....because I didn't realize they lived that close enough for it to be distracting.

Anyway...I want to get my day going and get James up here in half an hour......you all take care and I will try to make it in for Chat later on tonight!!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon-

I just had a fast lunch of cottage cheese, albacore tune and pickled beets!!!

and 7 mini tootsie rolls...........

Attended a finance meeting >Flattered that they included me. I am not a manager (yet) and don't need to learn it (yet). Enjoyed my time though and will get off early tonight.

Cable Guy is a sweet man. After Les IS No More I pretty much have to pray........lol.I pray for peace of mind about his intentions - about what is in his heart. I already know what is in mine. I had some red flags going off with LesINM but ignored them somewhat.
Cable Guy though seems like a sincere man. We talked for 3 hours last night. He wrote me this morning saying how he enjoyed our conversation.
I guess he thinks I am pretty, he likes my eyes and nose.......lol- I think he was joking on the nose.
He is very funny and he seems to like the fact that we share the same sense of humor.
We meet Tuesday morning at Starbucks.

Weighed in at 144! yay

Gaby is doing good and the older girls are at basketball camp.

hi to you all- just on the run. Sorry..............
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:42 PM   #12  

hey jaded ladies:

it rained here all day. i woke up at 530 and got my day started, and it was raining then. i kept telling myself that i wanted to go for a walk and as soon as it slowed down i would go. guess what, it has poured all day. which makes me worry about my sewer. as soon as it gets dark, i am going to go pull the plugs and leave them off for the night. i am going to do the squats and the crunches while i watch bigbrother. and then, if the kids are cooperative, i will join everyone in chat.

i too would like to go on an investigation with a pi. i dated the son of a pi, but his wasnt glamorous, he mostly hunted down runaways or deadbeat dads, etc.

thank the goddess for my parents, they took my daughter to do her sch shopping. we make too much to get government help but are in so much debt we barely have money to live on wk to wk. ya know. anyway, kriste is set for all she needs and the boys had started pre sch back in march so we just yard sale shopped for them some stuff. they are so young they do not know the difference anyway. ya know???

well, i better get off here and get the rest of my chores done so that i can do my exercises while i watch my show.

blessed be,
tj
Old 08-12-2004, 07:03 PM   #13  

Hiya gals. Figured I'd get in here and get on it. I am so glad that I've got a 4 day weekend. It's going to be glorious, but way too fast, of course. I don't have any big plans. Not even sure if DBF is coming over. Hmmm. Tomorrow I'm meeting my Margarita buddy. I'm actually walking down to the restaurant, it's about 5 blocks, so it'll be nice. Sat, I'm not sure yet. Sunday my Grandmother is coming over. I have no idea why or what we are going to do, she just invited herself. Monday I'm taking a cat to the vet to get her teeth checked. How exciting is that???? Don't ya-all wish ya could be like me?

I have a confession to make. I don't really like watermelon. Ok, I like the taste of it, but I don't like the seeds. I know, seedless. But it's not really seedless, there are those little white ones. Those are seeds, I know they are. For some reason, it just bothers me. I know, weirdo.

TJ - Oh, I hate that kind of weather. It just makes me want to crawl into bed.

Susan - You enjoyed your time at a finance meeting?! I had to go to a budget meeting yesterday, and thought that I was going to die. UGH. That is not for me. Glad you are being careful with CG, Michael, the Irish man with an Italian last name (that is quite a title).

Marti - Haven't seen Big Fish. Watched Phone Booth for the second time on HBO last night. It's good once, not really the 2nd time. It is different. Makes some good points too!

Cristi - My weekend is going to be very laid back and unscheduled. I'm sure I'll feel like I wasted alot of time, but oh well. Sometimes I just need to waste time. Does that make any sense? Glad to hear the PT is helping your arm.

Angie - Faking it in a tool store? I don't know how you can do it. I am such a terrible liar. They want us to do "secret shoppers" at work with the competition. I can't even pull that off, I'm so terrible.

Jana - I'm such a dumb blond. If I would have looked in yesterdays pile of mail, I would have found the fall catalog! I should be getting another in 7-14 days too! Uh-oh! There are quite a few things I would like to get. Wonder if we've got the same taste. That squirril on the back cover is just the cutist thing.

Sue - Gosh, hope your CT goes well. Thoughts will be with you. Reminds me, I need to schedule a few appts.

Well, time to go find dinner. Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:13 PM   #14  

Default Hi Everybody!!!

Hey all

Well I finally calmed down over my car situation!!! It's sickening that I always get taken advantage of, but such is life sometimes!!! I did very well on my diet today and I walked 3 miles at lunch time!!! So I am proud, and I made it through another night last night of no bingeing!!! I had a popsicle before bed and I was satisfied..... however, I am having bigtime stomach pains.... has anyone else experienced that??? Im wondering if its my stomach shrinking, because sometimes it really gets to me.... oh well

Marti : Big Fish and Phone Booth are both awesome movies.. Phone
Booth kinda keeps you on the edge of your seat, and the
ending will really surprise you!!! I won't spoil it, have you
heard anything from the interview????

Jana : Hope the shopping goes well for you!!!! And the kids will love
the sandbox, I have a sandbox in my backyard for my friends
kids when the came over and they love it...

Cristi : I had to laugh about the Lojack for a kid, I can see where that
would be really good to have, I wish I had caught that special.
Also I am thinking about contacting the BBB on that mechanic
cause I cant imagine how many other women he's pulling the
same crap on..

TJ : Even though we haven't met yet, glad to hear you're getting
back on track!!! I'm glad to hear someone else has the name
Julie Ann too. I really dont like my name though, I never have!!

Mindee : Thanks for the advice on the mechanic, we have a similar thing
in our area, except its in a local newspaper. People post places
where they've either had good or bad experiences to let others
know... I am seriously considering it!!

BY THE WAY LADIES..... what time is chat??? This is my first week with you
all and I wasnt sure what time you guys tried to meet up on thursdays???

Chat with you all Later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:48 PM   #15  

julie,
chat is at 900 indiana time but you are in my time zone (wv) so it will be at 1000. hope to see you there.
tj