Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 10:30 PM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Angry

Where are all my 225 ladies? Hopfeully everyone is out and getting more active with less time for the PC - right?

I weighed in today with a 2 pound loss this week - VERY happy!!! I need to make more zero point soup to have for the week. I return to work this coming Monday and I'm a little nervous. I work a later shift so I hope to eat a WW dinner in the office instead of eating dinner at 8PM like I used to. I think eating between 5:30 and 6:30 is the best thing for me! Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to a losing week.
Kim
239/232.5/140 .....3/24/01
Old 04-23-2001, 10:10 AM   #2  

Kim in NJ: I am a 225 lady. I had actually fallen below 225 then I started noticing more and more that I wasn't sleeping good. I think my sleepless nights were starting to compound. Then I had less and less energy. I've found that the doctor suspects sleep apnea, so I'll be getting that taken care of hopefully at this week's appointment. ANYWAY . . . I've gone from falling below the 225 point to probably going back up. I don't even want to know, so I haven't weighed in lately.

Yahooo for your loss. Keep up the good work.

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-24-2001, 08:26 PM   #3  

Ah, Kim. Good for you on your weight loss. Very eager to hear how your first day back went. I appreciate you might be too tired to write anything for a day or two till you get comfortable with the new schedule and all.

How well I remember going back to work 6 weeks after baby was born (27 yrs ago!). The first week I never had "dinner" till 11:00 pm - and I worked a conventional 8:00 - 4:30 job!

My man and I went to Denver to see a play Saturday afternoon. We planned to spend the night and do the zoo on Sunday. Well...the weather gods must have heard our plans. When we got up Sun a.m. snow was falling so we decided we'd skip the zoo and head home since the forecast was for worse weather. We got within 30 miles of Cheyenne and the road was closed...ALL roads to WY were closed because of the snow storm. I HATE LATE APRIL SNOW! We had to spend another night away from home which threw my eating plans awry. Didn't really need to mess up on eating but it was that old saw...failing to plan-planning to fail. Anyway, I got to work at 9:30 yesterday morning and didn't weigh in when I should have. I won't now until next Monday and hope I can undo this past weekend damage.

Annie (2oM), I haven't really exchanged much with you but I'm glad to hear you seem to be back in the groove. I understand when sleep apnea is diagnosed and treated, the patient feels WONDERFUL. Before you know it, you'll be breaking all barriers.

I suppose Patti has left us for the next lower level since she made the 225 goal. Good for her. I am determined to get closer this week.

Hope to hear that all are doing well.

Jody
Old 04-24-2001, 09:00 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Jody & Annie:
Yes, I am so tired..... Yesterday I was supposed to work until 6:30 - but at 6 I decided I'd had enough for the first day back. I drive 72 miles each way and I was afraid I'd get even more tired on the drive. But - my plan of eating at work didn't work too well. I ate my WW dinner there at 6PM just before I left - but when I got home I was wanting to eat more! I mean I was actually hungry... So today I reversed my meals a little and before I left work I had kashi & yogurt to tied me over. I made it home by 7:15 and walked 1.6 miles with my daughter in the jogger. Then I sat down to dinner with my husband and daughter and had a WW meal. Much better because I am not wanting to pick all night now.

Annie - both Alex and Emily have sleep apnea. We just took Emily to the hospital for a child sleep study but it wasn't as detrimental as we thought. When you are staring at a person struggling to breathe it really freaks you out. But my husband just bought some herbal "Snore Stop" and it really works! He takes it only once a week or so and it really helps to open him up - he feels so refreshed in the morning. I think good sleep really helps to stay OP because you are not tired and stressed and ready to grab anything. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Jody - poor you with the weather. I too had a failure to plan this weekend. We went to my sisters new house (they signed on last Friday night). We were there to help clean and there was SO MUCH to do - plus it was 84 degrees and humid. I thought we'd be out of there by 5:30PM and I had my WW 0 pt soup waiting for me at home. By 7:15, after I had shampooed 5 rooms of rugs, I scoffed down 2 slices of sausage pizza!!! I had 42 pts that day - for no real reason other than lack of planning!!! I think I'm going to get myself a soup thermos to avoid that from happening again.

Talk with you all later...
Kim
239/232.5/140 ...3/24/01
Old 04-25-2001, 08:14 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies:

It's a bright, sunny morning here in Michigan, but a bit chilly. I'm not complaining though. Michigan weather keeps you guessing. Wouldn't trade it for anywhere else.

No Clue: Your weekend sounds fun even though you didn't have it all planned out. How could you? Some of those things were out of your control. Everyone needs a break and it sounds like that's just what the doctor ordered.

Kim in NJ: 72 miles to work!! Holy Smokes! I'd get hungry in mid-commute. Congrats on being determined enough to juggle your meals to find out what's right for you. PS Maybe you should get yourself a helicopter. LOL

I get to go back to the doctor today to get the results of the CPAP test. I will be trying that Snore Stop even though the doctor may tell me to buy a CPAP machine. I'll try the least expensive remedies first. Someone else recommended two herbal teas. I think one is called Sleepy Time or something. I wrote it down on my shopping list. Thanks for the suggestion Kim.

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-25-2001, 10:35 PM   #6  

Kim, where do you work? I thought the West was the home of the long commutes. I guess I forgot about people who go from Conn to NYC. That's a bit of a ride, but most of them do the train thing, don't they? It's about 100 miles from Cheyenne to Denver and many people do that daily. I can't drive more than 10 miles alone on the highway without nodding off. Have you been doing this long? I guess you can get in a lot of good books-on-tape?!? I'm with Annie, tho; I'd need snacks in the car.

Annie, a friend of mine who has lived in Oregon, California, Michigan, and Wyoming said the best weather of all is in UP Michigan. Is that the area where you live? From her description, sounds like you would have greaat spring weather...encouraging to get out for exercise or gardening. Hope the results of the tests will be helpful. Sounds like you have some good options. If you have trouble finding "Sleepytime" tea, let me know because Celestial Seasonings (co that makes it) is in Boulder-just down the road apiece (78 miles!! )
Keep OP, friends. TTYL, Jody
Old 04-25-2001, 11:44 PM   #7  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Aren't you both the jokers! I've been doing this drive for 10 years now - needless to say I don't lease cars. But I LOVE where I live (on the beach in NJ - near Point Pleasant) and my job is great too. But there is no public transport up there... plus they are wonderfully flexible with me so I get to get my daughter dressed and off to school each morning and I get into work around 10:15 or so. Then I am home by 7:30.

My favorite calming tea is Celestial Seasonings tension tamer. LOVE IT! But Sleepytime knocks me out big time.

Well I am off to bed. Walked 1.6 miles tonight for a total now of almost 5 since Monday - what's wrong with me? I seem to be sticking to it this time...
Goodnight friends - Kim
239/232.5/140 ....3/24/01
Old 04-26-2001, 11:01 AM   #8  

It's Thursday!! Friday is only about 14 hours away. LOL

Did the doctor appointment yesterday. What a waste of time (and insurance money). He asked me how I've been feeling. (My mind was thining "You didn't prescribe anything and you haven't done anything, so why should I feel different?") He asked me how I felt after the CPAP sleep test. I told him that I didn't feel different and no better the morning after, since the technician comes in at 6am and throws the light on. (So he is asking me as if I feel a difference the next morning, but then says that I won't feel a difference until I've been on the machine for at least a week, in my own bed, etc.) Then he said, "Well we have documentation that you slept better with the machine on." So I told him that it must be true then. What did he want? An argument? He sent me to the receptionist who scheduled me for a CPAP machine and that was the end of the appointment. I spent more time in the waiting room than with the doctor (again). What bugs me is that if I go to my family doctor, it's because I'm sick and he has to make a decision and possibly prescribe something, but with this guy, he has the facts and has me come in to tell me something I could hear over the phone. (Then bills the insurance company for an office call.) Granted, I think I'll feel great once this is all said and done, but I'm not sure how much he had to do with it.

ANYWAY . . .

No Clue: I live in mid-Michigan. We don't get the huge amounts of snow that the UP gets and our springs and summers are a bit longer than up there. Thanks for mentioning the brand name of those herbal teas. That will save me some time at the grocery store. Celestial Seasonings is available here. Thanks for the offer.

Kim in NJ: This may seem unreal to someone who lives on the beach, but I've only been to the ocean once. We were in St. Augustine, Florida. It was beautiful. It was one of those once-in-a-blue-moon vacations and it was very relaxing. I could feel the power of nature in the waves and wind. It was one of the very few breathtaking things I've ever experienced.

Have a good afternoon. Get out in that sunshine if you can.

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-28-2001, 03:43 PM   #9  

Default Zonta

Have you ever heard of Zonta? It's an international organization dedicated to the improvement of the status of women. I have been a member for about 15 years. In a few minutes I'm supposed to be attending a "high tea" with the theme "Hat's Off to Zonta!" Well, I have one baseball cap (dedicated to the Bancroft-Arneson Antarctic Expedition) that I bought to keep my head from burning when the top's down on my convertible. Hope that will fit in with HighTea. More important, I am resolved not to eat like a jerk since I haven't had lunch yet and have a growl in my stomach.

Later,
Jody
Old 04-28-2001, 10:06 PM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Not much time to post right now - lots to do before church tommorow. I weighed in today with a .5 gain. I'm not going to get discouraged though because I walked 7 miles this week and I feel good! I think my dinner last night was too heavy. So maybe I'll get the benefit next week.

Talk with you all later.
Kim
239/233/140 ....3/24/2001
Old 04-29-2001, 01:46 AM   #11  

Default Inspiring

Kim, you have the GREATEST messages . I read your "summer story" and the pep talk you had for E A T. I printed your remarks about the spiral notebook and the books you read/heard and will be doing that myself.

What a reward to go back to work and have all that positive feedback. Ya done good! Thanks for sharing so much. It's going to keep me on track for awhile.

Jody
Old 04-29-2001, 08:34 PM   #12  

Default 227, close to 225 and getting there

Hi everyone, I am new to this group. I began at 263 and am now 227. Hope to get below 200 by the end of the summer. We are going to disneyworld in November and would like to go lighter this year. It is nice to talk to women who are at a similar weight. I have been walking more and drinking more water and I think that is helping. Keep up the good work. I am proud of us. Talk to you soon
Old 04-30-2001, 04:41 PM   #13  
Find a Way

Default Newbie, down from CD to 250

Hello, I'm new here today as well. Just had my WI this afternoon and it felt like "Queen for a Day". I got my 25-lb. fridge magnet, my 25-lb. gold star, AND my 10% keychain. I was almost in tears when I got that. I've started WW so many times in the past and have never even gotten close to having that thing. YIPPEE .

Anyway, I live in Colorado - Denver to be more precise. I am married, no kids or pets. We love to travel and I really like the backcountry. It's one of the main reasons I want all this weight off my body. It's hard hiking in the mountains with what almost amounts to another person strapped to your body .

I'm looking forward to getting to know all you guys.

P.S. I've just updated the photo page of my website with my before and after pics. To see, just click on http://home.talkcity.com/WorkoutPl/ww_queen/photos.htm

Last edited by Chillin; 04-30-2001 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:53 PM   #14  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Welcome Cynthia and "Lookin better"!

Lookin Better: We went to Disney last year for the first time and I fretted the whole time about "will I fit on that ride". I swore to myself I would never return unless I was 215 or less. What a great vacation plan though - Your success of almost 40 pounds is amazing already - you must feel so great. Glad to have you here.

Cynthia: You know I was watching your progress last week and I remembered in 1999 you whizzed past me on the 250 thread so quickly. I was thinking "OK, how many more weeks do I have until Cynthia joins me here on the 225?".... and I thought - maybe 3... but you did it in ONE - JUST ONE... I can't believe you lost 6.2 lbs this week. I'm going to come and live with you for a month - I need some of whatever you are doing. CONGRATULATIONS!

Jody: Thanks for all the nice comments.. How did your Zonata meeting go - Were you able to stay OP???

Annie: You've been to the beach only ONCE????? Well you'll have to come out to see me when you're ready to put on that bathing suit and walk in front of a couple thousand people. I usually walk the boardwalk - or go down there at night - or off season (April, May & Sept). When all the vacationers come rolling in ... in their thongs - I run for my living room! But this year my goal is just to be more active and "get out there"!!!!

I am struggling this week though for some reason. I know "I said" I wasn't going to let the .5 gain get to me - but I am craving salt so bad. I am drinking tons of water but each day I've been at least 15 over on my points since Saturday. I must regain control tomorrow!!! I am off to bed now - my four year old is yelling "tickle my feet please.... daddy's hands are too dry and rough - I like your better!".
Goodnight everyone.
Kim
239/233/140 ....3/24/2001
Old 04-30-2001, 11:31 PM   #15  

Default A New Week

I did my own WI this a.m. In case you don't know, I don't go to WW meetings or even do the "WW At Home" program. You women at 3FC are my lectures and I can weigh myself (pretty honestly !). My week starts on Mondays. This morning I had lost 1# (plus whatever I gained last week since I was "snowed out" in Ft Collins for my Monday WI). That makes 8# since 4/1--and a slow start at that. I feel like I'm really getting motivated now. I would like to lose 25# by 9/1/01. That may not be realistic for an old lady who doesn't move around very much but I'm really going to try.

Tonight I went to my first yoga class...you'd have roared. When we were lying on our stomachs and the leader said, "Touch your chin to the mat," I wondered which chin she met! If I put my forehead on the mat, I couldn't get my chin down--and it wasn't my NOSE that was in the way . "Lie on your stomach, reach behind you and grab your ankles." HA. I have a ways to go, I'd say. But she says yoga is very personal and you progress at your own pace. She's just showing what the goal is. At least while I'm doing that, I can't be eating!!

My hubby and I walked to the class and were both surprised that we could walk home afterwards. With both of us doing it, we at least have something to laugh about together. (Ted's in the same sinking boat I'm in with weight.)

Hey, WW Queen. Are you related to the Jazzercize Queen from Cheyenne? Years ago when I did all that jumping around, I used to stand next to the JQ. Being with someone who's really pumped helps us all. Glad to have you with us. Congrats on your great success. It should be easier now--at least for a little while! Share some travel stories with us; I'm an armchair travel fiend, but we are planning a trip this fall and will include a lot of walking IF we want to do the eating, too---Italy.

Lookin better: You deserve a trip to Disneyworld with the weight loss you've already had. By November you'll be looooookin' GREAT. Keep up the good work.

I'm going to go write in my journal now and hit the sack early tonight. It was 1:30 am when I turned out the light last night and I have to be up by 5:30 am. Short night!!

Kim, there are people in WY who have never seen a river, let alone an ocean! Now that Annie is tackling her sleep problem, we ought to urge her to go to the beach more often. Annie, there must be more coastline around those Great Lakes than along the whole Eastern seaboard...or doesn't that count as beach? We have a "pond" in our park that people refer to as a lake and the sand pile along the water's edge is called a BEACH. Ha,Ha.

Kim, you're so encouraging to everyone that I wish I could say something that would help you get back on track. Check out a "Shape" magazine. That always helped me get back on track, even though I was far from that track. You will remember some of those incidents from the "books" and slap yourself a time or two. Then you'll be back in the groove.

Check ya later, Jody
Closed Thread