Old 08-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #1  
Look at me go ;)

Wink Rescue Toolbox ;)

August 11, 2004
Fixing A Bad Day
Rescue Toolbox For Coping

When times are tough and you are experiencing stress, it's nice to have some tools you can use to help get through a rough patch, and use on an ongoing basis to make your life a little easier. Perhaps you are trying to quit smoking, or suffering from a broken heart. You might be having trouble at work or school, the traffic is bad, your children are misbehaving - sometimes the whole world seems to be against you. These are issues that most of us are dealing with on a regular basis. It's best to remember you are not alone even though sometimes you feel like nobody understands you. Below is a Rescue Toolbox For Coping - when you are at the end of your rope, open your toolbox, take a breath and take care of yourself.

Call a friend.

Talk about it. Calling a friend that will listen willingly and openly can make all of the difference. Sometimes we feel like we don't want to "dump" on people, but wouldn't you want your friends to call you when they need a friend?

Write about it.

Journal. Get it out of your head and on to paper. This technique can help alleviate stress by getting your thoughts out of your head. You don't even need to save what you have written - in fact it may help you feel better by ripping the paper into tiny pieces and throwing it away.

Take a bath.

Make yourself a bath with sea salt to release and renew. This bath will help cleanse your energy field which is just as important as getting the clutter out of your head. While you are in your bath, imagine all bad thoughts and bad energy going down the drain to Mother Earth.

Walk around the block.

Physical exercise is very important in helping to relieve stress, but many of us don't have a regular routine at the gym or yoga studio. Everybody can make the time for a quick walk, during a break or lunchtime and it makes a world of difference.

Meditate.

Whatever this means to you. Meditation doesn't always have to be sitting in a lotus position or chanting. Sometimes folding the laundry can be a meditation - as can gardening, knitting or cooking. It's important to relieve your mind of daily complications and give yourself quiet time to be still.

Commune with nature.

Getting out into nature in some way is very rejuvenating. It can take any form you like including gardening, walking in the park, riding a horse, watching a sunset, swimming in a lake or taking an leisurely stroll through a field. Enjoy nature on a regular basis, it is very grounding and your soul will sing.

Thank your body.

Thank every cell, organ, muscle and bone in your body for doing such a great job in supporting you. Imagine how your body feels every time you make a negative comment or put your body down. Thank your body and see what an amazing difference it makes in your day and in your life.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Gives a person something to think about that's for sure. I like the idea of a journal...it's just I'm not good at keeping up with things like that. Getting my thoughts down would probably help me think things through. I keep telling DH that I'm happy with the way I am...but am I REALLY or am I just saying it to keep HIM happy?? That's one of my tough questions I need answers to!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote