Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #241

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:20 PM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Good afternoon!

Penny- I'm sure you'll be an awesome teacher

Crystal- How did the kids like their first day lessons?

Spryng- so is Krystol pronounced like Crystal? You guys have something in common then

Kristin- DD sounds like Liam. He has a whole pile of toys to play with, but only wants the Tivo or VCR, etc. Drives me crazy! Yes, Duncan is our dog. He's a mini dachshund.

Michelle- all your home improvements sound/look wonderful! What fun. I'd love a hot tub . . . though that would mean I'd actually need time to get in it

Jaymi- hi I'm sorry you're so tired - have you had your thyroid checked? If it's low, that causes a lot of fatigue. I had mine checked for fatigue - I'm always exhausted, but mine is fine . . . Doc said it was New Mother Syndrome.

Jill- hi! The gym sounds great. What kind of class (subject?) are you taking?

Ricci- sounds like you're doing a wonderful job today!

Julie- I got McDonald's - my love How has your day been?

Melissa- don't panic. Just focus on getting back on track as soon as you can. One shake during the week won't mess you up in the long run

I'm wiped out today from the remains of my cold. Not sure if I'll actually make it to the store . . . Okay, I'm sure there's been another post while I was writing this one!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ricci you are so adorable I love the pic thanks for sharing!! Keep up the good work!!

Leigh I hope you start feeling better!! How was day 2 op?

Ok really I'm going to sleep now lol TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!
I just made it back from church and now i gotta get the kiddos ready for karate...

My room turned out awesome! I was really worried when I first got there but my mom called and asked if i need help... i said please please

so I got the room painted the buletin boards done the class decorated and the floor mopped..... i am done.. just gotta get my supplies and my lesson plans i only have ten kids so that is great and it is plenty for me to start out with for church

Have a great evening and I will address everyone night

MUCH LUV TO YA!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Hey, gals. I'm feeling really down DH is going out of town early in the morning and I'm feeling soooo tired and sick from this cold/virus. DH was out of town yesterday (returned around midnight). DH apologized (though it's not his fault- just the requirements of his job), and he says he'll take care of Liam tonight so I can take a bath, sleep, etc. but he'll probably be gone most of the week.

What do ya'll do when you're sick, but still have to take care of the children?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Leigh do you have any family around that can help you out? Or some close friends? I would help you out if I could! I'm sorry you are not feeling good. Maybe your bath and some extra sleep will do you some good tonight, maybe you will feel better. I hope you do!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hey Everyone, well I can’t seem to find the part where we were asked about exchanging names and address, , we could pm each other or email each other….

Spryng- the nutrients isn’t low in calories.. I have no idea.. But I can tell you the individual ones

Beef Eye of Round Steak (4oz) 180 calories 10g fat

2 tbsp vegetable oil- 240.. 28 g fat…. I use canola oil or olive oil… it’s the same amount of calories though… You could always use Lite margarine

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Franco-American Gravies- 245 (that’s the whole can) One serving is ¼ cup and 35 calories 2.5 g of fat

6 cups hot mashed potatoes- I have no idea.. Depends on if you make it from scratch or in a box.

1/4 cup all-purpose flour- 110 calories 0 fat

So.. Now that I look at it.. It looks pretty bad.. But I have no choice… I don’t like chicken fried steak that much, so I’ll probably eat a TV dinner anyways. But… there are always substitutions that could be made to make it healthier…

Mel… we are feeling the same way right now.. Well actually I feel that way all the time~ here’s a ((((hug)))), hopefully that makes you feel a tad better!!

Julie- Your comment made me smile.. It was sooo sweet! Thanks so much! I needed that!

Jill- Now see if we could see each other, you would laugh at my face that I made when I saw the “pregnant” word!! I put these stupid patches on right,, and my breasts aren’t killing me… so I doubt pregnancy is it! But it does feel like it.. Well only the tired part…. But that could also be applied to the depression part… which I had during pregnancy too. Hey if you find my address.. You can have it!! That would be interesting.. Nothing here is in my name!

Michelle-Did you get my PM? I wasnt sure! You are doing a great job.. Keep up the good work!!!

Ricci- I want to look at your picture but I don’t know the address to the site.. I’ll check it out when someone posts it again!

Leigh- I had mine checked before I got pregnant because I was feeling this way… but it was depression probably.. I was prescribed some Paxil.. And before I could do anything else I got pregnant with my daughter! The last time I was really, really sick. My DH took off of work to take care of me. But I could walk or anything.. I had strep throat… BAD! But he had to go back the next day.. And I just had to toughen it out and lay on the couch and only get up if the kiddos needed something.. Every slowly! It’s hard.. But it’s doable! I was a single mother before I married my DH, and I did EVERYTHING by myself… its just hard as he*l!! If you are like me.. you don't have any friends or family that could help you or you don't like to ask others to help out. Either way... I hope you feel better soon!

Well I was supposed to cook 10 minutes ago.. So I need to get off of my butt and start. Well anyways I’m thirsty and tired. My daughter is sleeping.. So I need to be exercising.. But I can’t because I have to cook.. That really sucks. I hope that going to the beach later burns some extra calories. Because I’d be too tired to get on the treadmill when I get home! Well I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-10-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:24 PM   #8  

Jaymi, thanks for the hugs. One back at you!

Leigh, call the Nanny to help if you need it. When my dh is away, I always order dinner out and you'll just have to gate in Liam, so he can only be in one area. Lie on the couch and let him watch TV. That's all you can really do. We are moms, we get through these things even when we don't think we can. Let me send you a private email with my # if you need to talk.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again all!

Dinner came out very good. The kids ate so well! I was very proud of them. My nap wasn't very long, about 30 min but it helped.

Jaymi, thanks for the nutrition info! I could probably figure out a way to make it healthy but that requires thinking, lol... and I try to avoid that as much as possible!

Leigh, do you have vit c and zicam??? Dose up!! Take tons of vit c and zicam every 3 hours and I guarentee you you can kick this cold fast! I know I can't let myself get very sick because I have no one around to help me with my kids... so when I feel it is coming on I start dosing up. You can't OD on vit c... what your body doesn't need it expels so take 4-5000 mg of it if you can! I think the only reason I got sick this time was because I couldn't take anything out on the road with DH and it hit me by the time I got home. But I usually can ward it off first. And yes, my name is pronounced crystal... only with more of an O sound at the end instead of a short A sound.

Penny, you sound so excited about the teaching! I'm so happy for you!

Michelle, so glad you got that post card.. boy it took long enough , huh? Ok OK .. I'm terrible about snail mail! LOL.. but you knew that already. And just for the rest of the group.. lol.. it was NOT my butt!! (I know what you were all thinking, lol wink wink)

Well, I guess I will get off here and start on my evening routine and all that. Big Brother and Amazing Race tonight! Yippee!!

Oh, just to share... dh might get offered a really great position at his current job... one that will have him home everynight and weekend. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers because I hope so bad this happens!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Ya'll are sooo sweet! You make me feel a lot better already

Jill- you're probably right that I'll feel better tomorrow. Unfortunately, our family all live in FL . . .

Jaymi-I have no idea how single mothers do it - I know some and they have my total admiration.

Mel- I pm'd you, but may very well give you a call

TTYL!
Old 08-10-2004, 06:10 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Spryng- thanks for the advice - I'll pick up some tomorrow if that isn't too late to start. That's wonderful news about DH - I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 PM   #12  

Spryng, that is great news!! It would be so much easier on you. And I am sure the kids would love to see their Daddy more. I got my fingers crossed, thinking good thoughts and praying for family! I am glad you had a good dinner. I ended up having pan fried chix breasts, broccoli, boiled cabbage, potatoes and gravy. Gotta load up on the veggies right ?

Oh Leigh , hugs, I wish I could be closer to you. I would make a batch of chicken soup and bring you some fresh squeezed O.J. I know when my hus works and I am sick it is so hard with the two kids. I remember once I fell out of the tub and cut one foot, had a huge lump on my other leg. Just take it slow, lay on the couch. Get Liam's fav. toys out and let him play and his favorite snacks. Let the housework go, and just worry about the things that only need to be done. Prayers and thoughts with you also.

Jaymi, glad I made you smile. Your a special girl! Your welcome.

Penny glad you got your work done. You will be a wonderful teacher. I can just tell with your happy attitude.

Gotta run girls. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:57 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Good evening all! STOP POSTING SO MUCH

I think we're going through threads so much because of the beautiful dolls that Michelle made us...sure, that's it!

Leigh hope you're feeling better soon. Mom's don't get to be sick..didn't you know that? Even with my Mother here I can't sleep during the day because I'll hear the boys.

Spryng...hope Dh gets that position. That would be great!

Mel..how's it going? Getting any better?

Penny...no, it's not muscle...it's ice cream, cookies, r&c's (diet of course ) and everything else I've been shoving in my mouth lately. Thank goodness for the exercise or it would be much more of a gain! I got in a 3 mile walk this morning although I had to tell the boys that it was my time and I wasn't listening to their whining until I was done . Got your note...thanks lady! There's one coming back at you. BTW, I was looking for you at my party.

Michelle...great card...it's still making me laugh...I AM the queen of Jupiter you know! And quit calling me pretty lady....you're making me blush ... there's a little somethin somethin coming to your mailbox too. A friend of mine has done to torn paper in her flat...it looks wonderful! Have fun decorating then come do mine .

Ricci...great pics! I pictured you with dark hair...since mine is dark, isn't everyone's?

Hi to everyone else. I need to run away from the boys and go to Walmart. Dh just got home from work so I can finally go.

TTYL!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:02 PM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Unhappy Hello All

Well, I'll get to how my day was shortly but first of all...

Leigh, I'm sorry you're feeling bad, but let me tell you, and I know this isn't what you want to hear, but. It's part of our job. That's the way I've really had to start understanding things we do when we feel bad, etc. It's just our job and you have to rest when you can. I mean, there are nights that I literally get a few hours of sleep and almost can't go on the next, but I have no choice. It's my job. I know that doesn't make you feel better but that's honestly the way I've had to understand and deal with it. Hope it gets better for you.

Penny, so glad you got your room together. I know you are so ready and I'm ready to hear all about your first day.

Spryng, school was supppose to start the 23rd, but I've been feeling so terrible lately and feeling like I'm not getting anything accomplished and I though I'd feel better if I at least get school accomplished. So we started.

Hello to Kristin, Jaymi, Ricci, and everyone else.

Here's my day...we left to run errands, looked terrible because these errands were quick and few. We got to the pharmacy to get Andrew's perscription and that's when it turned bad. They couldn't refill it and the doc had to see Andrew before they would refill it. So I quickly made the appt. for 2 pm, it was 1230 pm at this time. I had no sitter for the girls and enough time to get lunch and get to the doc. We got there at 130 and didn't get in until 245, then had to wait with three kids in this itty bitty room where they can't touch ANYTHING and Andrew was so tired and getting cranky. Finally they said to give him a treatment while we waited for the doc and that's always a pain. Finally the doc came in and checked him...he has 2 ear infections, a nose infection and all this has stirred his asthma. So he has an over the counter med, an antibiotic and needs a breathing treatment every 4 to 6 hours. While I was waiting on his prescriptions to be filled, Ally spilled her shake in her seat, Andrew was REALLY cranky by this time and I was still suppose to go to Home Depot. I cancelled that and didn't get home until 5 pm, dh soon followed and wanted dinner. He didn't want to hear about my day, never does and told me so what you had a bad day. I bet you he thinks he's getting lucky tonight, but after this day and if you remember after last night, he'll only be thinking it!!! LOL!!! But I'll get that little attitude from him for it, so I have to determine if it's worth it or not.
Let me tell you, taking 3 kids to the doc at once, is one of the hardest things ever.
Now I have to clean the kitchen, then put up some laundry and make sure I'm set for school tomorrow. Btw, it's suppose to storm tonight and all day tomorrow and I found out I have to go to Home Depot in the morning early, since I didn't do it tonight. So that makes things worse.
Sorry to go on and on about this, but I needed it.
I'll try to check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:40 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Hi again gals! I'm feeling a bit better, thanks. I had tea and aspirin, took a 15 minute bath when DH got home That helped a bit. I think (hope) I really will feel a lot better tomorrow. Sorry about the meltdown.

Crystal- OMG! That's an awful afternoon! And here I was complaining about not feeling good! I'm sorry you had to go through all that. And poor Andrew Hugs to him and you . . . And I do know what you're saying about it being my job.

Julie- thank you! I would love your soup and OJ Your dinner sounds yummy too.

Geri- my mother said exactly what you did when I told her I was sick (mom's don't get to be sick). I think she was telling me this in a "now you know what I went through" tone A good Walmart trip is always fun!

Okay, maybe this is it for me tonight. I need to rest up. Tomorrow I have to complete two entries in different circle journals I'm part of - it's a scrapbook type thing where a group of women each have a journal. Each journal has a different theme (your choice for your journal). You send it to a different person each month and in the end get a journal filled with each person's entries. That's probably a confusing description, but I did my best with it!