Old 08-10-2004, 06:32 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Moms #240!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.

Old 08-10-2004, 06:45 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Morning Gang

Haven't started on coffee yet, that's next on agenda.

QOTD: What is your full name including maiden?
Answer: Crystal Ann Bass Moore

Well, you all made it through a full thread in LESS than a day. That is great though, that shows you the support we are getting and giving.

I hope everyone had a great night. Mine was terrible. Andrew is wheezing and coughing and congested. I went to bed right after 930, woke up at 1130, 1240, 130, 225, 250 and went back to sleep around 330 and got up at 500. I think that's something like 5 hours or so with all those interruptions. But I had to get up when I woke up at 500 because I slept in till 730 yesterday and felt terrible. I was out of whack and my energy drained from me quickly. As weird as it is, I have to get up early no matter how bad I sleep.

I've got to get out today and run a few errands and have some of Andrew's nebulizer medicine refilled, hopefully that will do the trick.
But first, we are starting school today. I think. I got all the books and even though I had a terrible night, I think I'll feel better if we start school. At least I'll feel like I got something accomplished. Then we can run errands this afternoon. I'll tell you if any of that changes.

Mindee, it is good to burn more calories than you consume, but make sure you are consuming enough. You should consume around 1200 or so a day. Remember, those calories give you the energy to burn them, if that makes since.

Penny, when does your school start? Are you ready? Are you teaching a class by yourself or are you an assistant?

Hi to Geri, Ricci, Spryng, Michelle, Cindi, Leigh, Cheri, Angel, Kristin, Jill, Jaymi and anyone else I missed. I've got to get dh up and out the door and get my coffee made.

I'll check in later. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:01 AM   #3  

QOTD: Melissa Ann
Good Morning Crystal. I feel so bad for you with you little not feeling well and getting up so much. Being Preg and all you really need some rest. It's a good thing your in the 2nd Trimester and not the 1st or 3rd. Prayin ya get some sleep!

Morning everyone else. I had a such a wonderful day on plan yesterday. I have to wait a bit then check the scale. There should be no reason it doesn't go down just a bit, but I did have some cheese in my salad, so I hope the salt doesn't get me. Being I have Kidney disease I retain a bit more water than the average. This is crazy, but I have been know to put on 3-8lbs of water during TOM. As soon as I get it boom it's all gone. I feel Pregnant sometimes. YUKKY Water weight! ANyway, babbling here. I am going to make 10lbs gone By October. Just thinking outloud...lol. GTG so I can do my exercise and I here my Bugga calling MOMMY MOMMY!

Last edited by melmcc99; 08-11-2004 at 09:45 AM.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:19 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Mel, you sound like you're doing well. Wtg on the exercise. You know, during my pregnancy with Andrew, Ally never slept all night, she'd wake up about twice a night. Of course, she didn't have asthma, she would just wake up and get a bottle and usually go back to sleep so that makes a difference. But my point is, I'm totally immuned to a full nights sleep. Yes I need my rest, but I know when I need to sit down and rest or if my body tells me I can keep going.

Anyways, I forgot to mention. Did you all see my pregnancy timeline at the bottom of my siggy? Now you can all know how far along I am and I'm 15 weeks today. One more week and I'll already by 4 months, YEAH!!!

Okay, getting today's lessons totally in line so I know exactly where we are. TTYL
Old 08-10-2004, 07:40 AM   #5  

Penny, forgot to tell you good luck and have fun at the church painting and getting your class room ready.

Crystal, your siggy is very cute. I know what you mean about not being able to sit still. That's not in my nature either. We just keep going and going and going.... Have a good one.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Okay, ya'll are insane! Do you not sleep? Do you not eat? I can't believe how quickly we go through threads!

Angel- I have a sponge thing too. I now use the disposable sponges from Palmolive. I can use them a few times and then throw away. I'm like the disposable queen! Not very environmentally friendly . . .

Jill- I like the idea of posting where we live. I have to go take a pic and post it. Or find a pic online of our condo.

Cheri- enjoy your time with DH :;

Penny- isn't that just the thing about cleaning? It all starts over in 5 minutes. I did laundry yesterday and there's already enough for another load. I like the WW ice cream - I get the Giant Sundae Cone or their ice cream sandwhiches, which are like the Skinny Cow ones. My all-time favorite WW dessert is the Mississippi Mud Pie, but that's 3 points and the ice cream only 2. Did you get the bookwork done?

Geri- the Clorox does have a scrubby brush on it. I think the scrubbing bubbles brand makes another one - maybe that's the one you have? How is you're new start day?

Mindee- hi! Have I introduced myself to you? I'm Leigh Nice to meet you and welcome!

Kristin- sorry the cleaning was rougher than usual - odd that adults would be so messy!

Hi Michelle!

Crystal- poor andrew! Has he been diagnosed with asthma? You've probably said before, but my soggy brain can't remember. How is he today? Love the pregnancy ticker!

Melissa- I know you'll make 10 by October! You've been doing so well.

QOTD: Leigh Paula Berger Serrie (but when I married I legally dropped the Paula and it's now Leigh Berger Serrie . . . I wanted the Berger to stay for future reference )

Not sure how much I'll be able to post today - we're spending the afternoon at a freind's house. Shre has two mini dachshunds, so I bring Duncan and Liam over to play. I'm off to find pics of our place to post!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:44 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Good Morning Ladies!

Hi everyone!

QOTD: Penny Marie (first and middle)

I am not trying to be ugly but this thread is not only seen by you ladies (which are my closest friends) but it is also seen by the whole 31,172 people that are on 3fc and that make be lurking the threads.

Crystal,
I am so excited for you to start school today! Let us know how the kids do today. Poor you! I can't believe Andrew was up all night last night. But like you said maybe the neub will do the trick. Sure hope so

Hunter doesn't start school for a couple more weeks. They will start calling us next week for testing and then he will prob start the week after.

I will be teaching public school religion at our church. We are Catholic and they have to go through religion for communion and confirmation and all that good stuff. So I will be teaching by myself. I am really nervous b/c I haven't ever taught before.... but I have Kindergarden so they won't know if I mess up hehehe sneaking me!
Thanks for asking!

Melissa,
I am so happy you were on plan all day yesterday! HOORAY!!!! You are going to make your ten pounds for sure! Thanks for doing the challenge with me! I know it has helped me out alot
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:51 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Leigh sorry I missed your post

That always happens ... lol

Hope you have a wonderful day at your friends house I bet Liam will have a wonderful time.....

BTW,
I know what you mean about using your maiden name for future reference.....lol I kept mine too...... it has kept me out of a couple of tickets
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Well I haven't started school just yet. I'm prepared and the kids want to but I'm not having the best morning. Girls are fighting, Andrew is of course cranky. I still think we'll all feel better if we do it and have that accomplished for the day. It's really hard to school, though, when you have one that feels as bad as Andrew.

Leigh, yes he has been diagnosed. He's had an episode about 6 times since he's been born and once it had turned to baby pnemonia.

I am so moody today and tired and...I don't know. TTYL
Old 08-10-2004, 10:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Sorry I didn't get back on here last night. I found a really neat site http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgflylady and on mondays they meet at 7 pm (central) for a chat and a cleaning challenge and such so I joined it last night and boy was that fun! It was an hour long, but 10 min intervals... we did some crisis cleaning, pretended guests were going to arrive any second so we did some quick cleaning. We did 10 min in our kitchen, 10 min in our living room, which was great because I had been wanting to attack my entertainment center for awhile now and get it straightened up, but that zone isn't until next week or something so I didn't want to get ahead of myself. Then we did 10 min in the bathroom, and after every 10 min we would report what we got done and chat for awhile. It was fun! So I was thinking... for those of us that do flylady here... how about a weekly or semi weekly flylady chat at msn or yahoo for a 15 min challenge or something similar?? Could be fun!! LOL. Let me know what you all think. But I did find that cleaning with all those other women made me want to put more effort into my own and make those 10 min intervals count!! So I got alot done. But anyway, let me know what you think!

After that was done I watched Body Work on TLC, got the kids in bed and crashed... I was so tired last night!
Today I plan on getting my routines done, 15 min zone work and crocheting, I haven't crocheted in a couple days now and I'm itching to get some done. The pattern I'm working on now requires alot of counting so it's hard to do with the kids hanging on me or wanting my attention alot.. it's a very easy pattern, just alot of counting.

Ok, time to get personal!

Leigh, I hope you didn't stay bored too long last night! And yes, I'm very relieved to have the plumbing all back to normal again! Nice to not worry about nasty stuff filling up my bathtub! LOL

Ricci, I like 7th Heaven too... haven't seen very many episodes but what I have caught is cute. Very family oriented show.

Penny, I've had those swifter dusters for a while too and I love them! I use them alot for my ceiling fans... really cleans those blades without making the whole room dusty.

Angel, glad you got all your school shopping done! Sounds like fun. I used to love that time of year when I was in school. Hey thanks for the tip on putting the sponge in the dishwasher! Never thought of that but what a great way to keep it sanitized!!

Jill, what flylady stuff did you order?

Did I miss the QOTD somehow yesterday? My fav tv shows? Hmm... I love CSI.. Six feet under, sopranos and deadwood... The Days is pretty good right now too

Geri, I would love to come over and help clean your house just to visit with you!! And dh quit his diet a couple weeks ago. He didn't gain what he lost back but he hasn't lost anymore.. but he is still trying to make better choices and no sugar. So it's not all lost, lol Sorry about your gain! But you are so close to getting out of the 200's... hang in there girl!!

Mindee, thanks so much for posting that thread of your pic! I think you are so pretty! And I think journalling is the key to getting and keeping weight off. Write down everything you eat and drink and you'll see how is keeps you accountable!

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize there was a new thread! I'll have to paste this over there... sheesh! LOL

Crystal, I will post my first and middle name but not my whole because of safety reasons (this is the internet, lol, highway to the WORLD! LOL) My first name is Krystol and my middle is Spryng, and I go by Spryng, lol. As you know. Sorry you had a terrible nights sleep, hopefully you can nap today. So did you get approved for the building of your new house? I forget.

Ok, I think I am officially caught up! LOL!

Better post this before more posts sneak in, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:35 AM   #11  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Nuts here I tell ya! dd has already managed to land herself some "thinking time" in her room. She got into her popcorn ball that she is suppose to wait for after lunch (while I was in the bathroom cleaning) and managed to PULL OUT the place in your DVD player where you put the DVD! ...is today over yet! haha, I know its just getting started! SHEESH!

QOTD: Kristin Marie

Penny - I kind of was leary bout putting my whole name too! Sorry if that offends anyone! One thing that I would love to do is get all of your addresses and phone numbers somehow, safely...I think that would be fun to be able to send you guys stuff!

Leigh - Have fun today! Is duncan your dog? that is a cute name! I thought it was odd too how darn messy they were at the bank yesterday...like they let in a bunch of 5 year olds to throw a party!

Crystal - oh my goodness, I would be in tears this morning! I don;t need alot of sleep but I can't stand when the sleep I am getting is al broken up. Your pregnancy seems to be going really well and FAST!!! Congrats!

Jill - Its okay - I didn't hang to long last night, truth be known I was tired anyway! Maybe tonight!?!?!?

Mel - Congrats on being OP!!!! Its a great feeling huh? Yesterday was my first day back on track and I already feel a lot better, I just need to get some exercise in now and I will be doing great! Hope today is just as positive for you!

Michelle - I had to laugh because you posted at 1:30AM my time and you were like "I will get personal in the morning" I was like good lord, it is the morning! haha! Hope you got some sleep! What time was it where you are? I forget! HOpe you got a lot done!

well I better get this desl cleaned off! I will be here, but I need to make a dent before the day gets away from me! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #12  
**Kristin**

Spryng - you snuck in there on me! I really like your idea for meeting once a week (or whatever you said) for a challenge. I can't get there until about 10 PM central, and some nights I might be MIA, but when I could get there after work, that would be fun! Can't wait to see your next crocheting masterpiece!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

OH good lord I will never catch up lol!!

QOTD: Michelle Rae obviously lol Penny is right though we should leave our last names out because there are tons of wierdos on the net...now that being said watch one of them try and track me down lol

Spryng that chat sounds neat!! So glad you enjoyed it

Penny I know you are going to love teaching and you'll be so good at it!

Crystal did you hear anything about building your house yet?

Kristin, I'm glad to see you posting again after your short hiatus

Geri Hows it goin pretty lady?

Melinda are you lurking out there?

Cheri I love the pics of you and your family.

Jillyyyyyy I love the new pic of you and Bayley you are just gorgeous!!

I'm still OP and doing well. Looking forward to another day
Oh check out this thing we are going to do to our living room walls well the part beneath the moulding its called paper illusion. www.paperillusion.com I guess its wicked easy to install just tear the paper wet it and smooth it on the wall. Its expensive but the end result will be worth it. I also picked out the new tile for our dining room and kitchen and the paint for my bedroom and the girls bedroom. I also looked at new Jacuzzi bathtubs for our main bathroom and I think hubby is going to let me get one!! Since our Masterbath wont be finished for another 2 years or so. We can't afford to remodel everything at once so little by little Oh I also picked out my new dryer, we just got a new washer a couple months ago so now its time for a new dryer I really wanted one of those neptune sets but hubby said no way lol.

Well I better get the day started.
I love you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #14  

Height: 5 foot

Default Man... I missed so much!!!

Ok.. question of the day: Jaymi Alizabeth Brooks

Crystal~ Sorry Andrew is sick.. hope he feels better soon. Hey, you deserve to be cranky and moody... Hope you day gets better!

Kristin- your daughter sounds like mine!! Have fun! Ha, ha

Spryng- the challenge thingy sounds fun.. I'd be glad to participate.

To everyone else I missed.. I'll try to come back and comment later.. I missed so much.. I wish I had the time to read all of those posts!!!

Today is another late start for me. I don’t know what the deal is… but getting up is not working for me. I’m sooo tired. When we had company the other day, I fell asleep on them. I’m pitiful!! I would say I felt like an 70 yr old.. But I’m sure they have more energy than I do!! I did end up having a good time yesterday when we went fishing. He went to this little part of the beach. I know my face automatically lighten up… I LOVE the beach.. Just looking at the waves and the sand! I found a star fish.. And a large shell.. .which is another thing I love to do. There was a little pool area where the tide had receded and there was sand on all sides, the water was maybe calve deep. My daughter just dived in.. and I was surprised! She usually tries to stay away from the water at the beach.. But now I see that it’s the waves that she’s leery of, not the water. She had a blast! My son loves the water so he always have a blast. We stayed until dark… and I didn’t have to worry about any sharks or anything! I loved it! Although other people were still surfing and junk… they were insane.. Plus it was getting chilly out there! My DH said he would take me back again today… but we’ll see if he holds true to that. I could go there everyday! Since my DH loves fishing, and I love the beach.. That would be a perfect “free” family day spot. But.. Usually when I like something… he doesn’t.. so we’ll see. I don’t even remember the last time I exercised. Right now I am sooo tired. I can’t seem to get up early, I barely get any housework done… If I go anywhere that totally drains me. I don’t know what’s going on… But tomorrow is a new day… I’ll just keep on trying. I have totally lost my motivation. I’m too tired to care! I won’t say that I have totally stopped dieting.. But I have stopped journaling, and counting, and everything. Although I recognize what’s going on… it’s like I just don’t feel like doing anything about it! I have no idea why.. Or what I can do to change it. I’m just like who cares.. Who cares.. I don’t care if I gain, what difference does it make. There is no way I want all of my hard work to be in vain… but even when I exercise.. I’m just not into it! I barely make the movements. I’m just ready for it to be over the whole time… because I’m exhausted and just want to lay down…. Oh well, something will happen to get me back on track. I’m definitely not comfortable at this weight. I want to reach my goal… that is the whole point… And just giving up will make me gain back what I have lost…. I won’t even be at this weight long… so I have to do something… what is it!! I’ve been fussing at myself.. Kicking myself in the butt, and everything you can think of… Who knows. Then my DH keeps talking about me getting a job…. which makes me even more tired. I would have to work at night… so he could watch the kids.. Day care would be my whole check. Then I would have to do all the cleaning, cooking, and everything else “BY MYSELF”. It seems like I’m just lazy… but I don’t think that’s fair… especially since I have to make all of those sacrifices and that money won’t even be mine to spend.. And considering I’d have to work somewhere like Walmart and only make minimum wage.. Right now I could just lay down on the floor and fall asleep until.. Tomorrow. I’m so tired that I don’t even feel like getting up and fixing myself any breakfast.. I’ve been eating sugar free Popsicles…now I’m eating a pickle… Yay for all the salt… Anyways I’m rambling now.. So I better go. I will hopefully feel better tomorrow! Everyone Have a Blessed Day.

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-10-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jaymi yes penny posted that. She was just saying that there are alot of wierd people on the internet and that perhaps we shouldn't post our last names Actually as moderators we discourage the posting of last names and email addresses or TOO much personal information in these public forums just for your own safety.

I hope you have a wonderful OP day!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote