Old 08-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default SAHM's # 236!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet
Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:07 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

I am sooo sorry not to get personal tonight but there is no way I can keep my eyes open long enough to make sure I get everyone

We took the kids to Chuck e Cheese's this evening and it is 45 minutes away so it has been a long night

TTYL! PENNY

I will talk to you all in the am!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pennyandboys.jpg (35.3 KB, 85 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:15 AM   #3  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone I had a diet Pepsi with dinner and now I can't sleep! I have been laying in bed awake for the last half hour and can't stand it anymore so I thought i would get up and take a chance that someone is up! I guess not. I was hoping Michelle would be home from work by now but she's not, maybe she will be here before I sign off. Well technically I could ask the question of the day but since that is probably cheating I guess I won't. I do want to tell everyone how much this group means to me though. I know I have only been here a couple of weeks but I just feel so close to all of you already! I think it is very important for us SAHM's to have groups like this to relate to because let's face it, people without kids and who work outside of the home full time just don't get it! I think the relationship we all have on here is special because although I know we all have friends that live where we live it's not always possible to get together or even talk on the phone when we want to. But the computer is always there just in case you get a split second to have some ME time and just knowing there are people there to write to in case of a bad day or an Off Plan day LOL makes you feel so much better. Well that is my rant for the night. I just wanted to thank all of you for being here for me and being great friends. You guys are great!! TTYL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Good morning Ladies. Wow that last post was out of control. I read through it but didn't take notes. I've gotten that on the weekends I don't do much posting. That's when I do crocheting because I don't feel bad to sit around watching tv and crocheting but I do on the weekdays, I know doesn't make much sense. But Alisa isn't awake and I don't do breakfast until she is so I'm enjoying coffee and thought I'd drop in to say hi.

Spryng, I haven't seen those new WW desserts. Where are they in the store? Are they frozen?

Penny, you did have a busy time. Hope you got some rest.

Di, everything will be fine with your kids. You know the doc asked me at the last appt. if I wanted that test for down syndrome and this and that, I think they are rediculous. I said no way, because who cares, they are still my baby no matter if something is wrong or not and I love them anyways, so don't worry about it. In fact, I don't know your religion, but I saw a sign outside a church yesterday that said, "Don't worry about anything, instead Pray about Everything". I thought that was really really neat. Maybe that helps.

Jill, sorry you couldn't sleep. Caffiene has never effected me for some reason. Gladly, though. Hope you finally got some.

Kristin, enjoy your weekend and yes you can get back on track Monday. Have a great birthday. 22 WOW, I'm having a weird time believing I just turned 27. I don't mind aging a bit, it's just wierd to think I'm 27 when I feel 22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hello to Jaymi, Geri, Cindi, Mindee, and anyone else I missed.

Last night the kids, dh and I went to my mom's to check out the kitchen, got all the cabinets and countertops in and the red is soooooo pretty. Dh is an electrician so he's doing all the lighting for me today. Under the cabinet, wall sconces, chandelier and adding some plugs.
Dh's family is having us over for a late birthday dinner tonight. That means I don't have to cook dinner, YEAH!!! I'm staying home until then and waiting on a Fed Ex package for school then I can update my lesson plans, again.
I didn't sleep well last night. I had a headache all night and Andrew didn't sleep well. He is having a hard time adjusting to his new bed. Maybe I'll nap today.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #5  

Jill, Oh I know what you mean about drinking a soda and not sleeping. I did that once too. I hope I never forget again. I hat sleepless nights. I hope you got to sleep.

Penny, I bet you are tired. An hour and a half of just driving and spending a lot of time in chuck e cheese with the noise is exhausting too. Get some rest! Did you tell me it was you Bday the other day? If you did, I'm so sorry. LMK

Hello, everyone else. Spryng, Michelle, Crystal, Ricci, Kristen, Lori, Cheri, Leigh, Jaymi, Geri, Cindi, Angel and Mindee. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

I had a better night sleep. Bugga only woke up once and Dh let me sleep till 830. He would have let me sleep longer, but it was really the kids playing loundly that woke me up. Have a great day all. TTYL....BTW DH is feeling fine.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:11 AM   #6  

Morning Crystal!

OK, here's the QOTD.....what was your favorite toy as a kid?

Oh yes, I forgot to answer my heritage/backround Q.....I am Italian 50% and the other 50% is GREEK, Austrian and German....mostly greek.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:13 AM   #7  

Crystal, I'm sorry, Andrew is having such a hard time. Maybe try a special new little toy or security item. Tell him it's a special new " " for sleeping in his new room. Or try a gold fish. I bought Abigail a gold fish so she wasn't alone. She loved it! That was a year and half ago and she still has him.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Mel, thanks for the suggestion, but Andrew already has a security blanket and he's sharing a room with both girls so he's not alone. He has NEVER, EVER slept all night since he was born. His asthma is only some of the problem, the rest is just him I think.
A goldfish, he'd probably try to eat it or play with it, LOL!!!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:50 AM   #9  

Yeh, Crystal I bet your right about trying to eat it.....LOL
I hope it gets better soon. Abigail still doesnt sleep in her room, she sleeps in mine on a crib mattress.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

I am having a rough morning... got sick about 3 am this morning... couldn't sleep well. Then it passed and I conked out until 7:30 when Tanner woke up... I got up with him and felt ok and then the nausea hit again. I felt horrible. It has passed now and the weird thing is... as soon as it passed I was instantly ravenous! So I made myself 1/2 ww bagel with ff cream cheese (my first bagel in almost a year!!) and it hit the spot, and had a cup of tea with mint to perk me up. I've decided I want to become a tea drinker, lol. Some people want coffee when they wake up and I want warm tea. Never liked coffee. So I'm feeling a little better but still not much energy. I have alot I want to get done today.
Ok.. my menu for today...
B-1/2 bagel with cream cheese
L- lean pocket with baked chips
D- Cube steaks with blue cheese, baked potatoes and yellow squash and green beans.
and if I have a pt or two leftover I will have one of the ww cakes.

QOTD- my favorite toy was a chatty kathy doll. It was given to me by a friend who saved it from a burning house, so it was singed, lol. But she was bigger than my other dolls and not a baby, more like a kid so I would play with her all day long, my parents have me on homevideo around 10 years old taking her to grandma's house and all that. I just loved that doll. When I was 12 we moved from california to oklahoma and we sold everything we had... and the doll was thrown away. Still breaks my heart. I loved that doll.

Mel, that was sweet of your dh to let you sleep longer today, you deserved it! How is your dh feeling?

Crystal, I'm like that on the weekends too, I'm not diligent about anything because it's a weekend! LOL.. I let the kids watch cartoons all day or play their games... but today I'm going to try and get some stuff done around here. I've really been lazy with my flylady stuff lately and I need to quit. I liked having a house I can be proud of and if anyone was to pop in I wouldn't be embarassed or anything, well today is not one of those days, lol. I need to clean. Not dirty just cluttered... which never takes long with kids toys and stuff they drag out. Which I know you understand completely, lol. And no those desserts are not frozen... at walmart they were a new item so they were on display right when you walk through the doors... but I would think they would be where you can find the little debbie snacks and twinkies and such, or maybe the diet aisle. The box says weight watchers on it, can't miss it. Do you have to pay for your homeschooling?? I forget how much it can cost.. I did American Home School to finish high school and it cost me over 600 dollars. (yes I paid for it) but I had a friend who homeschooled her kids and she never paid anything, she just got books at her library and made up her own worksheets and such... not that that was a great idea because they never learned much. But I guess it was enough for them. But I was just wondering if you went through a specific homeschool course or just did your own thing?

Jill, caffiene does the same thing to me! I can never have it with dinner. I hope you finally got some rest in. And I am so glad you are enjoying yourself here. I love this group too. It's changed alot through the past couple of years but it's gotten better too. New people and old friends... it's great!

Penny, did you get that program all installed? How do you like it?

Well, I guess I'll get off here and start in on this house. I think I will get started on next weeks zone with flylady so I can get a head start. Plus I need to get my morning routine done, including making my bed! LOL.. I haven't done that in a while. So TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, yes I buy all the curriculum. I'm using some Abeka, and some Bob Jones for the main courses and then like Social Studies and Bible I use supplemental things. You can find alot of things used on some websites or when I went to the book fair, they have a used section, which is where I got the math. I still had to buy the workbook.
There are like 6 different types of homeschooling and some folks don't use books or make up their own, which whatever works for them, but I must use a curriculum or I wouldn't know where to begin.
Anyways, I got a short nap in and now I'm fixing to have lunch, so I'll ttyl
Old 08-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I slept horrible last night! I finally went to bed around 1 and was just falling asleep around 2:30 when the baby decided to wake up! I am so annoyed that she has started doing this now. She has always been such a good sleeper so I wonder what is going on with her. So I fed her and she went back to bed and woke up around 5:30 only this time she didn't go back to bed, she cried for 2 hours until I fed her again! DH and I were so tired and all she wanted to do was play. So after I fed her around 7 she went back to sleep and we all slept till 10 but I feel dead! DH is still asleep but she is up now and wanting to play so I had to get up. Sounds like I wasn't the only one who didnt sleep good though, so at least I have company

Spryng I joined flylady last night and I think I am going to go clean my sink after I finish this LOL her ideas are pretty cool. I can't wait to see if they work for me. In 2 weeks I have school from 9 in the morning to 5 at night for 6 days to earn 4 credits for school so I don't think I will be getting much cleaning done then but I hope to follow it as good as I can other days. That stinks about you getting sick, what do you think it was? I hope it doesnt hit you again. It was fun chatting last night!

Crystal have fun crocheting, I am the same way about weekdays. I think it is cause we feel that our family is our job and on a job outside the home we wouldn't sit around and do whatever we wanted so we dont feel we can do it at home. At least that is how I feel. Hope you have a lazy day doing whatever you want

Mel I'm glad you got to sleep in, that was so nice of your hubby to let you do that. What a great guy! I'm glad DH is feeling better.

Well there sure aren't a lot of posts today but I guess that is how the weekends go. I hope everyone has a great day!

QOTD: I don't know if I had a favorite toy, I think I really enjoyed stuffed animals and I had a lot of them. However thinking about it now I really liked my Cabbage Patch Kid so I guess that is my answer. I still like them!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:43 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hey Chicks

Trying to stay OP today

I slept okay, sorry for those of you who didn't!

not much happening here, I am just doing some cleaning! Fussing with kids alot, too! They are so lazy!

Back later, need to go find baby boy!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:50 PM   #14  

Spryng. How r u feeling now? I hope you are feeling better. That stinks you were up sick. I hope you enjoyed that bagel! I know myself, I LOVE BAGELS, but I don't eat them often at all Way to much carb!!!

Jill, sorry you had a rough night. When I'm tired I am CRANKY!!! ALthough, I was pretty good up till about 7pm last night, since I had less than 3 hours of sleep the night before. I Hope it gets better. DO you nurse? Maybe it's just a growth spurt. I hope that all it is.

Cindi. Good Afternoon. Hope you found baby boy...lol. They do like to wonder and get into mischief. I know my little guy now wonders to put things in the toilet. I have to get one of those toilet locks or something. YUK.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:52 PM   #15  

Oh gosh, I forgot to answer my own QOTD....hmmmmm. I would have to say the cradle my grandfather made for my dolls. It's all pink and he carved hearts on each side. I think it's made better than a real cradle. I still have it. Abigail puts her dolls in it now. Its very special to me.