Old 08-05-2004, 05:50 PM   #1  

Default Stay at home Moms #235!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet
Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #2  

I hope you gals don't mind the smaller font, I was trying to shortin the length a bit.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!!

mel thanks for starting the new thread!!

Jill, I love subway subs. Which one did you get. My fav is the roast beef. Did you get no cheese?? And your dinner sounds great! I like to make my baked potatoe and then use the spray butter on it with FF sour cream... always hits the spot. Here is where we will be chatting tonight http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight and if you join at 10 pm central time it will be fine.. we girls can chat for hours!!

Geri I didn't take you for a romantic! LOL.. for some reason I saw you as a thriller type of girl, lol. I have to start thinking about weaning Tanner from the bottle and pacifier. One at a time though. He's almost 14 months old now so as soon as his formula runs out (I have a few more containers) I will start working on the bottle dissapearing, it just makes me so sad since he's my only baby!! When do you leave for vacation?? Thanks for the info on those bagels!! Only 3 pts for the whole thing?! That is fantastic!! I love bagels and cream cheese, I'm definitely going to look next time I'm at the store... so tomorrow!! LOL.

Welcome back Lori!! I hope you are here for good! Congrats on the weight loss thus far! You will find that lots of us are on ww too, great support system here.

Cheri, you have a great attitude about your weight loss and your diet plan... you will hit your goal weight thinking like that! LOL... keep it up! Being so motivated really can be contagious!

Crystal, sounds like you are ready for school to start, you are very organized. I don't think I could do homeschooling... but of course if these schools here turn out to be bad or something then I'd definitely do it.

Ricci, I always worry about that when I want to take the kids to the park. I worry that there will be too many kids there or big kids or grumpy parents, etc. Holds me back. I figure once school starts here for everyone else I'll take them more often... I'll take them to the lake too more often. I just don't like to be around so many stranger... ironic huh? LOL... but it's true. So how is your new denise austin workouts going? I'm still thinking about buying that dvd. Seeing any difference? Did you ever break that plateau??

Well ladies... dinner came out great. All the kids ate well which makes me happy. Now they are doing their own things. Tanner is running wild, lol, Ava is playing a learning game on the computer (the other one) and Bubba is playing Mario Sunshine on my gamecube. He is pretty good at it for a 3 yo. They learn those games fast.
I have 4 pts left today so I think I'll have some of those chips ahoy 100 cal snack pack things... anyone try those yet? The chocolate chip ones are pretty good. Kinda like a sweet cracker.. but only 2 pts so it's worth it. Wi is tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I'll be lucky to have a 1-2 lb gain... hopefully no larger than that. It would be a miracle if I maintained... so I'm not hoping for that. But we'll see in the morning. Ok... I'm off here for now. Big brother is on at 7!! WOO HOO!! LOL
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:02 PM   #4  

Well, I got Bugga to eat something today. I sliced Apple very thin, kind of like a potato chip, and put PB in between two slices. He at an entire Gala apple with PB. So, when he didn't eat his tortillini for Dinner he got it again.

Can't chat, sorry ladies. 11pm EST is too late for me. Have to catch u another time.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:04 PM   #5  
2BoysMom

Spryng... I love thrillers too but for a movie that I would watch over and over and over again I love the romantics or the 'chick flicks'. I also love Dean Koontz..I have a ton of his books. I think it was you that read one of his. Oh and the Bruce Willis movie... can't think of the name with the little blond kid... I LOVED it! It had me and Dh going until the very end! We own it but it's not the same after you see it the first time. Arrrrgh...what's the name of it??? The Sixth Sense ... had to open another window and do a search .
We leave on the 2nd after Dh gets home from work and we'll be home on the 13th I think. I may get to check in at BILs house when we visit there but it depends on the kids.

Hey, we still haven't heard from Leigh yet today. She wasn't going anywhere that I know of was she? There were so many posts that I admit I was scanning them quickly to catch up!

Well I'm going to hang at chat for a while and see if anyone shows up. I know I'm early but I'll be asleep by 10
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:38 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies!

I will check in with you all in the morning..... but I too am worried about Leigh!

Where are you at girlie?????

Hope everything is ok!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:08 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good early early Morning

Haven't started the coffee. Don't want to make too much noise being up. I've been up since 4 AM. Andrew went right to sleep last night in his bed and then woke up at 12 something. We slept on the couch until 4, then I laid him down and thinking he wouldn't stay down, I stayed up, fortunately, because then he came in here at like 430 and laid on the couch until he was asleep and then I put him in his bed. I thought I could still get some sleep, BUT, I'm stuffy and it's worse when I lay down, and I'm hungry and I hate trying to go to sleep with a growling stomach. So I just decided to stay up, I still got my 6 hours in and I'll TRY to nap today.
So, I was thinking about Leigh too, but she hasn't been OP and sometimes when some of us aren't OP, then we don't feel good to check in, not that that has happened to her, but it's a possibility. Besides, her nanny comes on Thursdays, right? That means she may have been out running errands yesterday. I'm sure we'll hear from her today.

Spryng, I can't stand the school district we're in. It's where I graduated from but things are so different now than they were then and they weren't even great then. But honestly I don't feel like I have another choice. I don't think or I know she wouldn't get the learning she needs stuffed in a crowded classroom and it wouldn't be on a Christian curriculum. I know I can do her so much better here than at any school. Besides, like I said yesterday, Texas is the easiest state to homeschool in.

Penny, when does your school start? Where are your kids gonna go?

Geri, I love chick flicks too. I wait until dh is gone out with friends or something so he doesn't sit there and make fun of the movie I'm watching. I've been wanting to see "Win a Date with Todd Hamilton", since it came out and I haven't gotten to.

Mel, glad ds ate something. Something is better than nothing for sure. Hope he slept better tonight.

QOFD: WHAT IS YOUR MUST HAVE MAKE UP ITEM?

My answer: 3 things, if I wear nothing else, I must have powder, blush and lipstick.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:58 AM   #8  

Height: 5 foot

Hello chicks! I tried to update last night but my computer was acting stupid. Well anyways I’m pretty tired this morning. I’m drinking my coffee. I just ate a turkey sandwich for breakfast so I guess I’ll be ok. I forgot to journal yesterday. I had good intentions.. But it didn’t happen. I exercised for 48 minutes yesterday. I just don’t feel right if I don’t exercise for an hour. It takes that long to work up a good enough sweat. And I don’t feel like I have don’t anything if I don’t sweat. I guess I’m going to have to wake up earlier. I don’t ever get a chance to really comment on the journals. I barely get a chance to post! ! I know my daughter is gonna wake up soon. They actually have a cold front coming in… but it doesn’t get cold until late.. And cold to them is like 68 degrees. Which is good to me! I’d rather be cold than hot any day…. Except when I’m around water! Well anyways I got 2 swimsuits.. Well actually I got 2 tops and two pairs of $3 shorts. The tops that I like cover my stomach.. comes with bikini bottoms… which I refuse to wear. Then the tops with the shorts are little bitty! One of the outfits fit.. But the other one.. Which is made the exact same way and is the same size.. Is hilariously too small and both sides of my boobies pop out!! So of course since I’m the take stuff back queen, I’m going to take it back and get me another one. I can’t try on stuff with a toddler and a big ole’ basket full of stuff! Maybe this time though.. Because Walmart is almost 20 miles away.. Too much gas money to waste. Anyways I have 15 minutes to get ready to exercise and stuff… if the baby don’t wake up… so I better go… I will talk to everyone soon!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:33 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

I have to vent for a minute.
My dh buys his breakfast and lunch EVERY day, every once in a while I'll pack him a lunch, but that gets costly as well and it gets boring. Anyways, he usually spends about $10.00 a day. We don't have EXTRA money EVER left over each week. Our bills are maxed and etc., etc., etc. So when I have cash on me, I give it to him so he doesn't have to use his debit card. It should help him stay on budget somewhat. So yesterday I gave him the $8.00 I had and thought, that should last him all day. If he counts his pennies, it should. Then he comes home with a receipt from Jack In The Box for over 5$ and he used the debit card. I asked him if he spent all that $8.00 AND used the debit card. He said yes he bought, his friend/cousin breakfast because he didn't have any $. Let me tell y'all. This friend is a 21 yo, lives with his parents, has NO car payment, NO credit cards, NO house payment, NOTHING. Maybe insurance and gas and MAYBE he gives his family some $ although I know they DON'T demand it. I said, "Yeah because he's got lots of responsibilities". He said he had to pay his fines to his probation officer. And I said, sounds like a personal problem. He doesn't have a family, a car payment, 3 kids, a wife NOTHING. And I left it alone after that. I had to state my frustration. But I'm not a nagger and I can't be. If I gripe too much, he'll tell me I'm being a b**ch and we'll fight. So I can't really argue. But I have to wonder what's going on in his mind. He gripes about $ and that we don't have any and where does it all go and then pulls this crap.
I'm sorry, I had to vent. I'm getting off now.
TTYL
Old 08-06-2004, 07:35 AM   #10  

Morning all. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this day. I am tired, beyond tired. Got the kids to bed and about an hour later, my DH did something to his knee and had to take him to the ER. At 1030 I called my friend to come stay with the kids. She works in the a.m though. We were at the hospital until 3:30 this morning. Bugga got up my friend said at 230 and she was in his room an hour rubbing his back...uhhhh. I felt so bad for her, since she has to work. He got up right after she left and I had to give him a few minutes of snuggle too. He slept until 7:00.. Thank god it wasn't earlier. I can barely move now. DD didn't even know we were gone, since she never woke during the night. I've never seen my Dh in so much pain. He had LOCK KNEE. All you twenties chickies, just wait 'till your thirties...LOL My dh is 38 and I'm 30. I hope I can get some rest later.

Jaymi, I know what you mean about trying clothing on with a toddler. Impossible. I also buy and return if I can. ANd if I'm pretty sure it will fit.

Geri, where will you be going on the 2-13th. I hope somewhere good.

I hope Leigh's ok too and Liam. We moms, get busy with the kids and we focas soley on them.

Crystal, I hope your cold subsides soon. Having a cold when you're prego isn't fun at all and always seems to take longer to go away. I hope Andrew sleeps better tonight. I guess that first night was a tease. UHHH!!!

Penny, today is weigh in day. I'll have to weigh a bit later. The scale is in my bedroom, and DD is sleeping on the floor and DH is sleeping in the bed there. I think I made it. We'll see for sure. I just hope I can weigh in before I eat.

Anyway, Idon't know how much I'll be on today. I hope this thread doesn't go nuts on me.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:28 AM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Do you ladies mind if I join you all?

My name is Mindee, and I will be 22 in 11 days (on 8/17). I am married to Tommy, 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have an adorable almost four month old son (he will be 4 months on 8/23) whose name is Brandon.

You can see in my siggy, all my weights as of now.

I am looking to get rid of all the baby weight and then some. I have always been overweight since I can remember, so once and for all I want to get down to an ideal weight for my height, and to be healthy and happy for my son and hubby.

Thanks for listening and letting me join.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:39 AM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Welcome Mindee, we would love for you to join our group. Let us know alittle more about you. Where do you live, etc., etc., etc. You will find all the support you need here. We can go through these threads in a day sometimes, so check in often and you will fit right in. Hope to see you around more.
Btw, I'm Crystal. My info is up at the thread. 27 yo, married almost 9 years, have 3 kids, pregnant with #4, yadda, yadda, yadda, LOL!!!
See you around.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:40 AM   #13  

Height: 5 foot

Hello chicks! I got in my 60 minutes of exercise. It was hard though.. My knee is really killing me. Which seems weird since I hadn’t exercised in like 3 days or so when it started hurting. I didn‘t do anything else… so I wonder what it is! And with all the ice-cream I‘ve been eating.. You wouldn‘t think calcium would be an issue!! Boy have I been craving those Frosty‘s from Wendy‘s. I almost bought some of those no sugar added fudge sickles…(that doesn’t look right!) but I was scared I‘d get hooked on them. But heck.. That‘s gotta be better than nothing! I also LOVE banana fudge pops… but they don‘t come in the f/f… or s/f. Well at least not out here anyways. When I take that swimsuit top back, I‘m through buying swimsuits.. Unless they go on sale for $3 or $1.. Then heck.. I‘ll sell them on ebay or something! I‘ve noticed that a lot of people buy clearance items and sell them for more…. Or get more when people start bidding on them. I guess that‘s legal… hmmmm. Anyways I‘m tired as a dog. I can‘t fool around on the computer today, I have to do some housework. My DH said that we were supposed to go to the beach with his friends.. So who knows.. They might end up coming over.. So I need to prepare instead of getting mad over it… Besides.. If I kept my house up better, than I wouldn’t have to clean it so drastically when we have company… AWWW who am I kidding… these kids dirty up constantly. Is it tax-free weekend anywhere else?!?!? Now that could be more trouble for me…. But the baby does need some more pampers.. It‘s tax-free on everything right?!? Anyways I will try to come back later and get personal… have to start getting stuff together now! The store will probably be packed!!!!! Talk with everyone later!!!

P.S. Crystal- don't you know that when men do things.. it's ok!! Now if you were to do something like that... all **** would break lose.. how do I know?!?!? Because that is the main fight over here all the time. He could go spend money on stupid and ridiculous things.. and it's ok. but If I go buy some toilet tissue or some pampers... It's a big fight! So I feel ya.. and your'e right.. nagging doesnt get anywhere.. because if he's anything like my DH they are always right and it doesnt make a difference what we say... They don't realize things untill it's the other way around... and when your dh doesnt have any money for breakfast.. and the other guy does and doesnt help him out..then he'll see the light. I don't give the best advice.. because a lot I say is out of anger... but also out of experiance.. STOP giving him the last that YOU have.... what if something happens and you need cash... He's a grown man.. if he can't be responsible enough to manage his own money.. don't worry about it.. When he swipes that card and it says "insufficient funds" then he'll think next time... And it may sound mean.. and hopefully this doesnt offend you.. but damn... this is from experiance.. like maybe 3 days ago!!! So if If this is offensive.. just ignore it.. If not.. just laugh! But also think about it... Well ok.. that sure hit a nerve!! If my hubby wasnt black.... I'd think me and Crystal was sharing the same husband.....

Mel- I hope you get some rest... or a nap... or something.. If not I wish you a boost of energy! Good luck on weigh-in.. mine is tomorrow!

Hi, Spryng, Geri, Michelle, Leigh,Kristin, Penny, Ricci, Jill, Cindi, Angel, Cheri... and anyone else I missed! Have a blessed day!

Anyways gotta go for real!!
~Jaymi
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Crystal~ Thanks for the welcome. I will be sure to keep up with this thread! I think I have found a website that I will be on everyday! I live in Michigan. And I am not doing any specific plan at the moment. Just watching what I eat, cutting my portions down, exercising more, drinking more water & juices and less pop.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:05 AM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Hi gals - just a quick **** until I have more time. Was out all day yesterday and didn't have time to post TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote