Old 08-04-2004, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Knee surgery - Tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

I know i've been MIA for a few weeks (months?) but i thought i'd check in really quickly. i've been doing ok, maintaining these last few weeks because i couldn't exercise due to knee pain and i kept slipping on my eating program. i'm ultimately 3 lbs up from my lowest weight, sitting at 174 as of this morning. i've been posting at a smaller weightloss board, so i haven't lost touch with my support groups completely.

tomorrow is my knee surgery. i'm having it on my right ACL, and i'm getting a cadaver ligament grafted in. frankenstien stuff! my recovery time is 6-8 weeks off of work, and they said that patients are usually back to "competition sport level" after a year. i hope to be back on a treadmill by the 6 month mark.

i've been frustrated not being able to exercise! it's the best way to really get it together and lose. i actually can't wait until i can jog again! who would have thought?

i'll leave you all wil a semi-recent picture of me, it was about two weeks ago and i weighed about 172. i'm pretty happy with how much better i look than when i weighed 244. if you're curious about my before and during pictures, they're all here: http://www.geocities.com/gonzostar/w...tlosspics.html

hope everyone is doing well! i promise to check back in once i'm recovered enough to sit at a computer! until then, happy losing!

gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #2  

Holly! It was great to hear from you! I hope your surgery goes okay and that your recovery is swift and complete! Hang in there!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:49 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Holly,

Well wishes to you! I hope the surgery goes well and that you will be back running around in no time! Take Care!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:15 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Good luck and come back soon!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:47 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

Hey Holly!
I had my ACL repaired 5 years ago..it was rough for a few months, but works like a charm now! I am so glad that I had the surgery done make sure you stay off of it for as long as possible and do all the excercise your physical therapist recommends...i have a coworker that didn't follow directions, and is going in for a second surgery next week! what a bummer! i hope everything goes well <<hugs>>
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Holly!
I know we haven't spoken before but good luck on your knee! I had knee surgery as well but I was about 12 when I had. It was a similar surgery though, they reconstructed my knee cap and basically re-routed some ligaments and what not...Nasty break that caused all that. They told me about a year to get back to it as well, but honestly, it doesn't take that long. I was back on the field in 8 months and I bet you will be fine by then too! Good luck though! Looks like a few of us have had Dr. Frankenstien have a go at our knees.
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:12 PM   #7  

Hi Holly!!! Its great to see you around! Good luck with the knee surgery. I think its the right decision. You have had knee problems for so long. You'll be back on that treadmill before you know it.

AND YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #8  

Hye, good luck with your surgery! I had knee surgery about a year ago for a dislocated kneecap- make sure you give it all the time it needs to heal. Believe me I know it's hard when you can't be active (I was in a wheelchair-ugh!), but it's worth it in the long run. I found Yoga was a great way to introduce my knee back into the world of exercise.
shellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote