Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 06:31 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Trim Tuesday

Morning ladies!
ITs 6:21 in the Humid AM and My husband will be up in 9 minutes. My eating was mega crap this weekend.
On Sat DH And I ran errands then he had a firecall and after the call we were invited up to a 50th anniversary that was going on. . .while it was nice and I Didn't actually pig out I made poor choices.
After the wake: We all went out to dinner where I made good food choices shrimp & Scallop skewers buut Not so good drink ones ( that is depending on your definition of good)
I either had 2 or 3 raspberry margeritas.

Sunday DH and I had a yogurt in the AM and as we thought we didn't have to go to the funeral we started makign a list of things to do. we got the call that we were expected there 45 min before we'd have to leave! we got out in record time!
but we didn't get to eat again till 3pm when my stomach met a cheeseburger fries and a choc shake
to be followed 3.5 hours later by Dinner at MIL's house.
Yesterday I spent over an hour trying to buy sneakers
I have very small very wide feet
size 6 6 1/2 EE width
I came out of the store with a pair of size 7's that were more $ than I wanted to spend
So today I'll be wearign them indoors to see if all the technology inside pays off.
IF not they go back to the shoestore.
Also I have the set of the first 4 books of harry potter
so inbetween sorting laundry cleaning and making food (in case we need it for national night out) I'll be reading harry
AND!
MOst excitingly we made a dent in the pile in our living room b/c we visited That wonderland called Home depot last night and bought storage!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:20 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Kierie: We have to finish getting all or our shelving sorted out and then start storing. I still might buy some funky storage units at IKEA or Home Depot we shall see.

On Saturday I used 12 flex points, for a wonderful supper and thought with 15 left for the week I'd be fine for my BF's grandmother's place... wrong... She gave me a piece of fudge, but I managed to stay away from the rest of the afternoon snacks (chips+chocolate). For dinner we had a plate sized t-bone each, salad, devilled eggs, veggies, olives and mixed veggies (including potatos), which I ate. His grandmother then said "you've hardly eaten anything" to me. Luckily my BF's Aunt's boyfriend saved me and said I was saving room for dessert (I ate a small piece of blueberry pie). The food was good, but she seemed offended that I didn't want more of the rest etc. I admit, my extended family is in the UK and I have only had to deal with food pushers on my dad's side of the family a few times in my life (my mom's family are great in that respect) so I am so out of practice of trying to turn down food (I did turn down some though, like cheese and crackers). I guess I just don't get the mentality that at a get together you're suppose to feel beyond stuffed at the end of the evening. I just don't see the point, since the next day after overeating, I basically feel hung over (without alcohol). Oh well, at least I was in better control than I have been in the past and considered that an overeating occasion rather than a binge episode (which I used an occasion like that to do).

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #3  

Morning ladies! I survived the wisdom teeth being removed. I have been eating like crap though. I find that most mushy stuff that I can eat is not very filling or nutritious. My mouth hasn't really been comfortable enough to work out but Today is the best I have felt so I plan to hit the Power 90 video. Everyone have great days! I am in the office all day so I hope to be posting periodically. I have less than 2 weeks left at this job!!

Kieri~You know you are in trouble when you don't know how many margaritas you've had I hope married life is treating you well! What do you think of it? Is it what you expected ???

Ali~ I am so blessed not to have to deal with too many food pushers but I do deal with a lot of people who say "oh just this once you deserve it, it won't matter, etc, etc," I guess that is comparable to your situation. Congrats on not bingeing though.

BBL ladies!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey guys! I am just popping in to say hello! I WI today (quite early but I go on vacatino tomorrow) and I am down 4.4!! Yay!!! I was super happy. Glad I plugged away.

I had a great weekend and golfed my first round - I golfed 61 on 9 holes...yup, I suck. But I really enjoyed it.

Tomorrow we're off to NB for 10 days, so I'll be MIA. I want to post more this aft if I have time, but if not see ya later! Take care all and "see" you when I return....
Old 08-03-2004, 11:47 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi LAdies
Ali I know food pushers allll too well and actually it was explained to me once. Ppl our grandmothers ages grew up either in the deppression era or darn close to it where alot of people didn't know when/if they were going to eat again so u pushed food on them. . .it doesn't make it any less uncomfortable but at least you know where its coming from
and btw I can't wait to hit IKEA!
Becky It's an adjustment but I love it. We're both learnign to share and work together and it feels like we've been like this forever (in the good way)
BELLE! you slender vixen!! have a great time!
Im still trying to figure out what to make tonight for this event that will be easy but not mega fattening grrr
Old 08-03-2004, 12:53 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Becky: ouch, hope you're okay! I know what you mean, I liek to treat myself on my own terms.

Kierie:Yup, they also just had a much more physical lifestyle... I guess I just have to plan around those occasions I go over there.

Belle: Enjoy NB!! Have a wonderful time

Ali
Old 08-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #7  
Running Babe

Also, I wrote some stuff in the maintainers forum on the fear of regain and I realized something, I never dealt with that fear. Sounds weird right? But I realized instead of looking at the fear, I denied it, but I was still bothered by it (I think this fear triggered my first binge session ironically). Have you guys examined it? Have you figured out how to deal with the fear?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

The Most I ever lost was 30 ish and as long as I didn't think about keeping it off it stayed off but when I started to worry about it (if this makes sense) I GAIned back I think because i knew I could lose it but keeping it off is a different mindset all together
Old 08-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #9  

Belle~ Great job! I am inspired! Have fun in NB. I hope all goes well with the fam. Just break away for some "me" time if they start to rattle you.

Ali~ I would get some info on the furniture at IKEA for some reason I thought I heard some of the quality of various items are questionable. I love their style though. As far as fear. I think that I self sabotage b/c a part of me fears being thin. I know that is weird but being overweight is such a part of who I have always been I sometimes think I will miss myself. I know this is stupid but since we are self examining I thought I would share.

Kier~ Yes it definitely takes adjustments but I love it too. I think it is difficult to think of someone elses needs when I was used to thinking of just my own. Sheesh I dont know what I will do when I have kids

BBL ladies.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Kierie" I think that's why never worried about it either, though rationally I have made a huge lifestyle change and as long as I dont't binge and as long as I exercise I shouldn't have a big problem, but I still have that thought in the back of my mind.

Becky: yup. and since examining I think we're all starting to make some progress in some ways. Well it would just be some storage units from Ikea.

Belle: see the weight disappeared You've done well

Cheers!

Ali
Closed Thread