South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:03 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Going to try phase 1 after doing my own thing

I bought the SBD book over a year ago and tried to follow it but since I wasn't motivated nor am I very good at following diet plans perfectly, I didn't do so well. I also bought the cookbook when it came out and I've done a few recipes from there. It has greatly influenced my own diet which I would describe as low carbish with some whole grains mixed in. I would mostly describe my own diet similar to Phase 2 of SBD except I haven't allowed myself any fruit.

My only problem is I think I am stuck and I want to jolt my body into losing some weight and I'm hoping that Phase 1 will do that for me. The only problem is, honestly, I am scared that I won't be able to do it because I can follow my own plan perfectly but a truly structured plan? I'm not sure. I am going to try my best to make it through and I'm starting to reread the book. I'm not sure if I am going to start Phase 1 on Friday or Saturday, I need to definitely get some grocery items and plan out some meals ahead of time.

Anyway, wish me luck, I'm going to need it.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:45 AM   #2  

I put together my own meals based on the foods list on this board. Phase one is great for withdrawing from the sugary and starchy foods. It is also manageable because it is only for two weeks. I have completely changed my eating, lost weight and kept it off using SB Diet but perhaps that is because I was ready to make the change.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:55 AM   #3  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Comiong from a person who had an obsession to breads, potatoes products and everything starches, this is so easy. Phase 1 was tough for me as I am not a big egg eater, but other than that, it was easy to find things to eat. I just looked at the foods I could eat and planned from there...and actually didn't do that much planning. I went day by day. Some people plan out entire weeks. If you can get thorough phase 1, then phase 2 is a breeze. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:03 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Nelie. This is a great place to give and get support and information.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome Nelie!
Stock up on the right foods and you should have no trouble.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #6  

Welcome to the Beach! We're a friendly group here. If you read the books and the information on the FAQ and recipes it will really help. You can do it!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:30 AM   #7  

Welcome to the beach!! You can do anything for 2 weeks. Read the book and just modify your diet accordingly. You don't have to follow the meal plans, make your own.

I hope 2 weeks on Phase 1 is a good jumpstart to your success!!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Thank you guys for your support. I currently don't have a problem with carb cravings as I have already given up added sugars, white flour, white rice, etc for the past 3 months. I do have to admit that I have been relying on low carb shakes for quick and easy meals, especially breakfast, which I want to move away from and I have a feeling may be stalling my weight loss at the moment. I also have been drinking a lot of sugar free sodas/drinks lately and I want to drink more water instead.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Welcome!!!! You can totally do this!
Old 07-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
Thank you guys for your support. I currently don't have a problem with carb cravings as I have already given up added sugars, white flour, white rice, etc for the past 3 months. I do have to admit that I have been relying on low carb shakes for quick and easy meals, especially breakfast, which I want to move away from and I have a feeling may be stalling my weight loss at the moment. I also have been drinking a lot of sugar free sodas/drinks lately and I want to drink more water instead.
It sounds like you are half way there so you shouldn't find SB Diet too hard to change to. I take low fat cheese or yogurt for a mid-morning snack and have a small handful of nuts for a mid-afternoon snack. I had friends doing fit-for-life that had protein shakes for snacks and they worked out really expensive. Nuts, cheese and yogurt are comparatively cheap.
Closed Thread