Old 07-29-2004, 09:14 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #228

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:25 PM   #2  
2BoysMom

Good evening all,

I closed the last thread so this is from memory !

I'll start with the QOTD. Swiming over seaweed. YUK ! I always think the seaweed monster is going to grab my leg and pull me under . You should see me if it touches my leg OMG

Michelle... are you back to normal yet (your bp I mean ). Wish I could have chatted last night.

Mel...what's up with Bugs?? He's really giving you a run for your money lately.

Kristin..We love being outside too. State Fair starts on the 5th so I'm sure we'll be hitting that too. Unfortunately they have the BEST cream puffs in the whole world...but 1 will be enough for me.

Jill...the dentist...ranks right up there with the seaweed monster Hope you thaw out soon.

Ricci...WW sounds like it's agreeing. Can't wait to hear your WI results.

Leigh...my hair color is Preference 5G aka Medium Golden Brown. I actually get alot of red highlights in it...but the greys are starting to overtake so one day I may have to go pay a professional to come up with something more clever than bleach blond . The joys of being a natural brunette!

Cindi...at least you're stuck in onederland! I'm having trouble getting there. Do things calm down alot for you once school starts? How many do you have at home then?

Penny...man, you're one busy chickie! When do you do anything for you?????

I didn't exercise today so I'm feeling guilty. I shouldn't considering how much I did yesterday but that's just me! I'll get over it.

Di, Cheri, Jaymi, Crystal, Spryng, Angel...Hi to all and anyone else I may have missed. I have to go dry my hair then I think I'll hit the sack early. I'm tired for some reason. Have a wonderful eveing and I'll check back in later!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:49 PM   #3  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Oh my stars...

I go away for a few days and yall go into post-like-crazy-mode. I read through the last thread though.

Leigh...I have always pronounced your name correctly. Maybe because I had two friends in high school named Leigh. My SIL's middle name is Leigh and my neice is Kaleigh.

MI-SHELL...now I'm curious. Is it Muh-shell, or Mi (short I) shell? Send some of that cake down here...nevermind, it has carbs.

Pen-E -- teaching for no pay. Girl, I admire anyone that will teach a roomfull of K students with pay...so you really get accolades.

Sin-dye--I read your post and thought ''what'' she pronounces her name ''sin dye'' , LOL, too funny. Hope you get that school stuff bought and those kids sent off to the great CHS. Gooooooooooooo Lions.

Spryng--Hope you are having fun in Va Beach.

Ricci, Jaymi, Crystal, Kristin and Geri...hello, hello, hello to you too.

OH and for the record my name is pronounced shu ree. Not Sherry, not Cherry, Not Cher...needless to say I've dealt with this my entire life.

So is anyone chatting tonight? I'm listening to John Kerry drone on and on and on but should he not put me to sleep I'm going to hit the chatroom.

::chuckles:: to any John Kerry fans. He just doesn't grab my attention. Now that running mate of his, he's got that knack for speaking down pat. Listened to his whole speech.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:53 PM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Cool Whew!!!!

I met over 20 teachers today. Hope will start in 2 weeks, and then I will just have Christian home.

Seth is so excited, he has worn his back pack all day, he will be in Kindergarten. They can't wait til Monday now!

I can't even remember the QOTD anymore, so I guess I can't answer it.

Hope everyone had a great day...Good luck on the weigh ins, I will just be glad if my gain isn't too big!! *sigh*

Guess I will go get Justin from work and hit the sack! I am really tired!

Love to my chickies!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #5  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Unhappy Yuck!

I have been at 197 for at least 4 weeks, my short term goal of 190 is becoming a long term goal!

HEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

hey girls!

Cheri its Mi shell not muh shell but most people call me chelle (pronounced shelley or shell) another pet name people have for me is shell bell lol I was named after the beatles song. MeeShell my bell.....

ok enough of that,

SinDye maybe you are plateaued? Have a great night girly!

Geri, don't feel bad about no exercise You are awesome!! I'm feeling great thanks for asking me Love to you!!

Ok guys I'm off to bed I didn't want to watch Kerry speak, not to get political but there is something about him that is totally unappealing to me and I soo hate all the mudslinging going on in this election ughhh. Ok that was just a vent, not trying to start an political fight lol

Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:14 PM   #7  
mama of 4little Angels

Hello Ladies,
I'm feeling more like myself finally.Well i've taken tylonal,therma flu,nyquil,dayquil,and advil. not all at once of course.I guess I had a 24hr bug of some kind.Now i'm just down to a toothache that just does'nt want to go away. Anyhow,hopefully i'll be back to normal tomorrow.I've been such a pain to live with.I'm grouchy when I don't feel good.Dh was really sweet. He got up, and him and the kids cleaned the house.and he fixed lunch for them and made sure I did'nt need anything.I'm really lucky to have someone that will put up with me.I can be hard to live with at times.But I guess that goes for everyone.lol
I'm going to go soak for awhile and go to bed and wake up in a good mood.That's the plan. ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Well another day bites the dust. I got a little bit accomplished today and my eating was pretty good. Still didn't get any exercise in but will try again tomorrow. I have my sister's b-day party tomorrow and my mom is making our favorite dinner, sour cream chicken enchiladas! I'm going to have to watch it. Wish me luck!

My face didn't de-numb for 5 hours! I was hoping it would be ok by the time my dh got home from work but it hadn't and he laughed so hard! He got the video camera out and wouldn't put it down till I showed him my sagging face. Can't blame him cause I would have done the same thing. I was really mad though cause after my face was back to normal I noticed that I had bit both my upper and lower lips several times without knowing it. Well, I know it now! They hurt really bad!

I hope everyone had a great day. I'm sorry to hear that some of you aren't feeling good. I hope everything clears up by tomorrow.

Hope some of you are in the mood to chat again, that was really fun last night! Check out my pictures if you want. I finally got some uploaded on the msn site. Talk to you soon!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:21 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

I meant to post after I started the thread and never made it back....grrrr.....

I ended up going to Walmart at 9:30 and just got home....

Ok first of all,
OMG!!!!! Jill,
You are a gorgeous lady! And hope not to offend but your hubby is HOT!!!!

Angel,
I am glad you are feeling a little better!

Geri,
You are the exercise queen! You are doing awesome! You deserved a break today!

Michelle,
Hope you have a great night! You will be in my prayers tomorrow at the dr. Please take it easy and try not to worry about it b/c it will just make your pressure go up more before you get in there. Do some mediation in the waiting room if you can!

Cindi,
I think you are plateaued too! You might have to increase your exercise or water intake. Grrrr......

Cheri,
I thought it was Sherry..... My cousin's name is Sharee... pronounced share ee ... also!

Ok Ladies..... I'm gonna be a nice wife and pack hubby an ice chest for work tomorrow!

have a great night! TTYL!

Hope you are having a great time Spryng......

And to the rest of you ladies! Where are you at??? SHAME SHAME!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:24 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Jill......

Hope your mouth is feeling better tomorrow!

I had a root canal done not to long ago so I know the feeling...... OUCH!
Old 07-30-2004, 02:11 AM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Penny you are so funny! Thanks for the compliment. I had to laugh about the hubby thing because in that picture he was trying to grow his hair out and it wasn't too long after that, that we decided his hair was not meant to be long. I thought about mentioning that on the post because I thought he looked kind of scroungy. I guess not! He He
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Damn yesterday was almost cause for Divorce! But seriously, I did get a tad carried away in the clearance isle… but only about 32.00 worth! And clothes ranged from 2.00 to 4.00! Oh… I bought 2 pair of tennis shoes for $1.00 each!! Now how could I pass that up!!! They were of course for the baby, but they are a size 7 which are too big…but that means that later I won’t have to buy her none! I only bought a couple of things for me.. Just some sports bras and tights for 3.00, I bought a couple of dresses for my daughter and 1 pair of shorts for my son. I wanted to buy more for him…. But they didn’t have any thing in his size. I hate that! School is starting soon. Again.. I’ve been up since 5:30 and it’s almost 7 and I haven’t done anything. Well I folded 2 loads of clothes because the hubby took them out last night.. And you know how it is when it cools off… All WRINKLY! So.. Anyways I had to put them back in the dryer and fold them. I had planned to exercise before Denise Austin came on… but didn’t happen. I guess I have to put up my babies toddler bed myself…. Waiting on “other people” to do it… will never happen.. Or it won’t happen NOW!! I did ok with eating.. Until!! I got hungry and ended up eating 2 chocolate donuts… and some skittles. And… I ate a double cheeseburger. What else can I do?!? I did exercise.. But not enough to burn off all of those calories.. I walked in Walmart for OVER an hour.. But not sure if that counts! Oh.. Back to the money thingy… I spent too much …. As usual. But…. I only spent about 45.00 on groceries for the week, and 35.00 on household items.. If he went shopping himself.. Then he wouldn’t complain. I went to the store with him the other day… and he kept picking up stuff that we didn’t need. But he doesn’t think he should have to because he works… Well, shut up then! We needed the stuff I bought.. Except for the pictures! Oh, and the ink cartridges for the printer was 60.00!!! Da*n, I can almost buy another printer! But I have been without ink on this printer for over a month. I even called and asked him about it. I bought myself another watch… *only 6 bucks* because mine broke…and another alarm clock *which was on clearance for 7 bucks* because I can’t hear mine anymore… and I need to wake up!!! So what ever! Anyways I gotta go start exercising. Weigh-in is tomorrow… and If I weigh more than 145 I will go on a starvation diet… or jump off a bridge..either one. Nah… but that would make me very depressed…. That would be over 6 lbs gained in 2 weeks…. And although some people might not understand how important 6 lbs is…. To me… It’s a big freakin deal!!!! Anyone who have been here through it with me knows how hard I have worked to lose 6 lbs (which takes almost 2 months to lose) and to turn around and gain it back in so less of time.. Pisses me off. I refuse to step on the scale until tomorrow morning. Today is a new day…. And I’m gonna try to not eat any candy.. And be good. I don’t have any sweets in here so that should help. Well I want to at least exercerse before 7:30, so I need to post this.. And come back later and leave comments. I hope everyone has had a great morning so far! Be back soon!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:25 AM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Morning all.
I'll start a QOFD: What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
Okay, I watched Cold Mountain last night and slept pretty good. Andrew was doing better last night. I still have to watch his coughing. We are gonna get out today. Want to check out my mom's and see how much was done yesterday. Gotta go to Walmart too.
How was everyone's night?
Jaymi, those are great bargains, but my dh's g-ma always says "It's only a bargain if you really needed it". Where was that at?
Jill, glad your mouth started feeling better. Don't you hate that feeling of the numbness wearing off?
Penny, wow, 930 at Walmart, that was probably a great time to go.
Cindi, you're not gonna know what to do with one kid at home. You'll have alot of time to get things done. I think you've been so busy lately that your weight has become back burner, which isn't a problem, you just have to focus on putting it back in front.
Hi to Geri, Ginny, Melinda, Spryng, Cheri, Kristin and anyone else I missed.
What does everyone have planned this weekend? I don't think I've got much going on. Probably staying home alot of it. I'm gonna get some new yarn and start a real project today. I'm about done with my practice one, so I'm gonna start something for a gift for Christmas. It's a very soothing thing to do. But I've got more school stuff to work on too. I've been wanting to get my haircut and I need to get my eyes checked, but I can't get a sitter to do this, isn't this awful?
Well, I'm getting hungry and I'm sure the kids are gonna start waking up. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:57 AM   #14  

Morning all, I just finished reading throught this thread. I'm so tired I'm not sure I remember much. Patrick "the bugs" was at it all night AGAIN. He gets up and half the time he's not crying, just calling my name and BANGING on his door. EVERYhour from 11:15pm till 4:30 then he slept till 8. I am so tired, I feel like I can't move or breath. I don't know how much more I can take. Last night was the 7th night of this. Not teathing, I asked the dr to check if his two year molars were coming. He said nope! He just awake and Won't go back to sleep, you lay him down and he stays for 10-15 minutes and starts over.

Jill, I can't believe that it took 5 hours for the numbness to wear off in your mouth. but hey, it's good for your diet...lol.

Cindi, you were probably dreaming walking the halls and meeting teachers last night.

Ok, everyone else. I will get to ya later, I am exhausted...or did I say that already.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:07 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Jaymi,
Sorry you had such a ruff day yesterday! You can turn this around.

Crystal,
Hope you get some yarn. I agree that doing something you like like crocketing, scrapbooking, crossstitching is very soothing.

Biggest Pet Peeve......hhhhmmmmm...... I think it is lying..... My mil is a compulsive liar and it kills me that she lies to my face, point blank!

OK Ladies...... I am gonna start my day off right so Melissa doesn't kick my butt..... So I will catch up in a little while