Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 08:54 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Thursday yah!

Hey everyone,

I went to the clinic last night, loads of fun. I have been running for years, but I know my technique is awful so it's nice to join a clinic. It also pushes me to work harder and run faster. Also honestly the women at the club probably ranged from 130lbs to 220lbs (and some of the men were probably 220+) so there was a large variety of shapes and body types there which was nice. We're training up for the "Run for the Cure" (for Breast Cancer) which is on October 3rd (my bday is the day before, guess I won't be staying up that late)

Kim:It's great to see you, do drop by and tell us how everything is progressing. Take care

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Good morning Ali!! When I did learn to run there were all types too which made me feel better (ie: I wasn't in a class with a bunch of jocks!). I did find it motivating too but I don't like running with a group b/c I find I want to push past my limits. I do like runnign with DF but he HATES running, so it's a no-go most of the time. Good for you for having a great goal like the run for the cure. You can tie that into the BBC challenge as they are a week apart!! Yee haw!

Well I am dreading WI tomorrow b/c if I don't see a loss I'll be really sad! I worked my butt off this week. Last night we went for another walk in the evening with the dog (yes, DF was HOME last night - he felt burnt out and couldn't work any longer - Yay!!). Other than that, we didnt' do much. I watched Canadian Idol. I can't stand Theresa. She is so mediocre and whiney. I hate the look she has on her face all the time!! I always get strong feelings b/c I am a singer myself. I am Royal Conseratory trained and I love to sing and perform. I thought the 26 age limit was unfair - look at the OPrah pop star thing - those were older women and the quality was way better. Anyway, I thought the guy that sang Major Tom was awesome!! He should go on broadway.

OK Off my soapbox! YOu can tell my life is lame when I get excited about a one hour show...hee hee.

Today I am getting my haircut. I REALLY need it and I hope it gives me a little boost image-wise. I am getting pretty down on myself. I think the holiday break will be good for me. Even if it IS going to NB.

Tonight is workout night so I'll have to make an effort to get it done after I get home this evening. Tomorrow our office is closed half a day so I get a little break there too. And then the long weekend (yay!). Then one more workday and I am gone until Aug 16...NICE!

Unfortunately that means I have to be on the ball for today and tomorrow

Kim - nice to "see" you! YOu should come by more often. Don't worry about the gain - just keep moving and taking care of yoruself! I am so happy for you!!

Jen - helllloooo Missy! Do you have any recent pics of your girls? Also Lori?? I love to see the baby/kid pics.

HEY - did any of you ever take pre-natal vitamins? My doc has recommended I start them I am taking the life brand Materna. Anybody have experience or advice?

Hi to Jess, Kier, KT, Tonya, Becky and the rest of the crew (and lurkers).
Old 07-29-2004, 12:11 PM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Question for you all re: journalling...

What type of journalling works best for you? Do you use WW journals that you get at meetings, or the 12 week journal or do you journal in a notebook? Do you include exercise?

I have recently started using a notebook and in it I track what I eat (counting points) and write our my exercise in detail (not counting activity points) and I also can write out anything going on that day, what is different, what I felt, if I had a pig-out, etc. This seems to be a more effective way of journalling for me. It seems more holistic - not just focusing on what I put in my mouth, but also what activity I get, how my fitness is progressing and the emotional side of things.

What about you guys? What works? do you journal at all?
Old 07-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle, If you are planning on getting PG in the next year, then definately start taking them. Actually, all you really need is the Folic Acid. I took a supplement of that both times when I was trying to get PG. There are so many benefits to taking the folic acid. And yes, I have pics, but haven't loaded them up yet. I really need to take some time at home and get my pics in order. Everyone is asking me for them!!

Ali, what do they do at a running clinic? Was it at your gym or was it something special?? I used to jog, but have had a lot of problems with my knees, so I try not to do too much jogging anymore. I just walk fast.

Busy day for me again. I worked almost 12 hours again yesterday and was quite crabby when I got home. I don't have a lot of patience when I feel burned out and overwhlemed.

HI TO EVERYONE and have a great day.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:39 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

KIER - I just saw your grad pic on the photo thread....you look LOVELY! Grad gowns compliment your alibaster skin! Maybe you should get your PhD?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:19 PM   #6  

Hi all-after a crappy eating day yesterday I am back in control today-does anyone else do this...here is the story...
I had a 4 point breakfast. then I went to Panera Bread for lunch and had the 1/2 sandwich and soup combo-F Onion soup -2 points, and 1/2 the garden veggie sandwich for 6.5 points, with 2 oz extra bread....So I was at about 14 points or so-plenty for the rest of the day. I decided to splurge and have a choc chip cookie. Well, when i got home and checked the points, the cookie was 10 POINTS!!!! So then i am depressed b/c I am unintentionally over points-I figured the cookie would maybe be 6 points......max....then I am bummed, so what do I do? Instead of exersize, I get frozen yogurt!!! Why???Why???? Then I ate a normal dinner.....but I really blew it. I am trying again today-but when I unintentionally go over points, it's like, why try????

Hope you are all well...Belle-Jen is right about the folic A....
Old 07-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Lori - that is EXACTLY what I do!! I totally intentially or unintentionally eat overpoints or nearly over points and then I say - I already blew it, may as well go big or go home. Then I hate myself more at the end of the day saying "WHY did I do that?? WHAT was I thinking"? IT's the "all or nothing" mentality. You are not alone. I know a few of us do it as well. the Belle's bridal Challenge is focused on stopping doing that....easier said than done.

The vitamin I bought contains 1mg of Folic Acid, and then is otherwise just a multivitamin. I dont take one at this time at all. so I guess I don't need to buy extra folic acid..?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:14 PM   #8  

No, Belle-you don't need more than that! .4 mg is all you need, actually...thanks-I feel better knowing I am not alone! I really hate when it is unintentional that I go over-when i think I am being really good and then i find out that I wasn't-it really sucks!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:45 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls just a quickie gramma sat all day but went to PT and had a small workout YAY
Missed John Kerry's speech tonight but its all good
Belle Thanks Lady
Lori I love panera french onion!
More grandma sitting tommorrow
and On sat we have a wake for a very young guy killed in iraq IT just makes me want to cry
I will try to pop in tommorrow
Closed Thread