Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:30 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat - July 29th

Good Morning

Cin, hope your home and everything went well. Mom!!

Nothing much happening today, I feel as though I'm in a fog and can't get out of it. Just so tired and runned down. I have a hard time walking up the hill to get into the facility here at work. I think lots of rest will help but I have no way of getting it. Well one good thing is its almost the weekend.

Any good plans for the weekend ? not much here SOSDD.

I need my coffee bbl
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:46 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Happy to sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Good Morning Gals,
Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.The anggioplasty and stent went extremely well........I was on my own couch by 6 PM last night!

The radiologist and vascular surgeon both agreed I should feel soooooooooooo much better! It was 90% blocked or more...more than they thought and is now wide open.....even the pulse in my feet is better!

Today I get to lay around in my p.j.s and do nothing! What a dream!
I slept well last night............took many phone calls from friends and family and had a delicious supper someone made............................what more could a gal want?

I return in one month for an ultrasound and started on a blood thinner for 6 months...................and we take it from there.....I may be able to switch to coated aspirin after that!

God is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good..................I know prayers were the reason it went without any complications because the location was previously discussed as a difficult place to get to....the Dr even put a larger stent in which is good news for later angioplasty if I need it! I could not be happier..........................!Praise God!!!!!

Thanks again my dear friends.Now my prayer is for you that each of you will be blessed and reflect on HIS GOODNESS even in the "darkest moments"...for HE is always with you and loves you!There is hope in every situation.

Ok..........I wont start a sermon...................

Love
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well good morning gang!

Cin - it is soooooooo good to see a post from you and to hear that everything went well and especially that you are doing well! You were in my thoughts and prayers all day! Soooooooo glad it all went better than expected! hugs!!!! and girlie you can preach that sermon anytime to me! I hope you have a great day in your pjs! is that a first for you? I can't picture you in pjs all day, but you sure do deserve it! hugs!

Leenie - I am so sorry you are feeling bad. It does sound like you have picked up some sort of virus! goodness! wish you could go home and rest, but I know how that goes - moms just work thru the day when they are sick - no down time. I pray you are feeling better quickly! hope your day goes smoothly! hugs!

Hey - I think that is great advice from LindaT about eating more veggies! Veggies are so good for you and very low calorie - I mean dang - 2 cucumbers is like 80 calories. And what's a whole head of cauliflower .... like 200 calories or something - that's a lot of bang (food) for your buck (calorie)! so like when you talk to LindaT would you tell her that we miss her DEARLY and wish that she would chat with us sometimes down here. Is she posting anywhere on the boards? I sure would like to read what she is up to these days.

Liz - I hear ya girlie. I also wear a size 18, so I know how that feels. Aren't you and I also about the same height? I'm 5' 3 1/2". I would be glad to support you in any way that I can. It sounds like we are all wanting a little support with our diet and exercise here, and I would be glad to do anything that ya'll think would help - can ya'll think of anything we can do to help each other out with all of this? watching home movies huh - we did the same thing last night. I pulled out videos from 1990 when our boys were 5 and 2 - they were sooooooooooo cute. They were so loving and cuddly and thought me and dad were the best things in the world! Had a video of Christian saying he wouldn't go to bed without a hug from his daddy. It was sooooooo sweet and it really made me miss those days! But I know it has to make you miss Zach even more then you already do! I wish I was in Canada today and could give you a great big hug!

SueMarie - I was wondering where in the world you were at! we've missed you! so sorry to hear you have been so sick. My dh got food poisoning one time and it lasted for days! yikes! hope you are feeling better! hugs!

Lynnie - I hope things are going better today! hugs!

Ok, I did get up and do 2 miles this morning. I also do situps whenever I walk, but I don't know if I've mentioned that. I just log the miles and don't keep up with the situps. But anyway, I love it when I get it and do what I should.

I gotta run some errands for the office, but I'll be back later to check on our gang!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 07-29-2004 at 09:36 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #4  

Wow, it's great seeing you Cin! I was concerned all day yesterday about you. If you have to take a blood thinner, I'm going to warn you that your fingernails and hair might suffer from it. It's no big deal for me but some people are bothered by short nails and brittle hair. I just use more hair conditioner.

I've been busy researching stenciling, painting, remodeling, applique and general redecorating. My mind is cluttered with numbers and colors. Yesterday, I thought of a decorating idea. I have my grandmother's oil (or kerosene?) glass lamp. I thought of getting and refinishing a smallish shelf with pegs on the underside. I have a pattern for an authentic sunbonnet (like my grandma wore). I thought of making one and hanging it on the shelf somewhere. Very country and old fashioned, don't you think?

Tomorrow we sign the papers for refinancing our house and opening up a line of credit for the work we want done. the woman is coming to our house! I think that she just wants to get out into the country for a bit.

We had our first Planning Council meeting Tuesday night where I am the church secretary. We have a young man as vice president who is a bit arrogant. Girls...guess who is going to knock him down a few pegs!

Well, I'm going to retype the minutes of that meeting before I forget what my scribbling means..........
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:00 PM   #5  

Morning Everyone!

Glad to see you Cin......speedy recovery to you!

Leens you need to take some time off......do you have a sick day or two you could take? Have hubby take Grace to the sitters and sleep for a day.......

Cathy I just have to do what I have do.......no other answers to my health issues.

Tippy I am so excited for you and your reno's

Hang in there everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

I have been getting ready for my trip back east to visit family.....I leave a week from today......was busy this morning....washed the kitchen floor....cleaned 3 bathroom mirrors....made the bed.....cleaned up the kitchen. It's going to be hot again today.....had coffee on the deck with DH earlier today.

I am still having withdrawal symptoms from going off the Celexa.....I told the doctor about it this week.....she said some people have lots of side effects from taking medication.....I know I just have to tough it out......this could go on for another month.......I mentioned to the doctor about the natural antidepressants.....she said she didn't have any training for them....she said she would be open to combining a regular antidepressant.....a small amount with the natural ones.

Cin......I am glad that you are feeling better today.

Cathy.....about eating more veggies.....I have been doing that for the last year.....plus eating at least 3 fruit a day & small amounts of nuts every day. I had blood work done last week....last year in the summer my cholesterol was elavated.....now it is normal.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:44 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

OH CIN !!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! I'm so glad it all went well. You just take it easy and enjoy your rest.

I see Tippy is having fun its a fun thing to do but its also a hairy thing to do. Enjoy it Tip.

Cathy bravo on the exercise

LindaT WE DO MISS YOU IN HERE, wish you'd come back.

Lizzy you working today ? whatcha up to girlie?

April, my house is a pigsty, you can always come clean it when your done w/yours...I'm jealous lol

JudoMom, how's your back ???

Flower if your out there

BabyCakes - Smoochies !!

Lynnie HUGS!!

Luv yah's
Old 07-29-2004, 03:58 PM   #8  

Hey gang

Yes Leenie I am here.......did you not see my post above?

I have made meatballs, rice and home made chicken soup......my kids need some good home cooking after six evenigs of my working and their dad's throw together summer meals....I am about to go and have a shower and then go cut the jungle of grass outside, clean my flower beds and water my plants. I need to box the stuff we didn't sell at our yard sale and get it to charity.

If I have some energy later I will tackle some of the indoor chores.

HOpe you are all having a great day!

Eliz
Old 07-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Liz I did see you, then I said to myself what the heck am I posting, so I changed it and you caught it b/4 I did it... lol.

Meatballs.......I'll be right over
Old 07-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #10  

Meatballs aren't even the best bit......I think I made the best pot of soup I have ever tasted in my life........I just had two bowls!

Out to conquer the grass now......later!

Liz
Old 07-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #11  
CIN

Liz
Post the recipe....I never tire of soup!
Cin

PS Sleeping and resting on and off all day....................got flat hair!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #12  

Leenie, this punky kid is asking for it. In fact I got him at the meeting. He condescendly(sp?) explained to me how one can order stuff by phone using a credit card. I innocently looked at him and in my sweetest voice told him how much I appreciated his instructions considering the fact that I have three credit cards and have been ordering via the computer for five years.

Roger snickered and the President looked at me, Roger and hurriedly changed the subject.

I'm going to have a good time with him...
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #13  

NOt sure what Tip and Leens are talking about......best stay out of it

Cin I don't really have a recipe........I boiled a roasted chicken that we had a meal of.....strain off all the meat and froze it immediatly.....got rid of the bones and bits and put the stock in the fridge....fat solidified after a couple days and that was taken off......then the stock, frozen chicken, forzen veggies and curly noodles (thick so they don't get too fluffy), water from the tap, chicken boullion, salt, pepper and bay leaf tossed in until it came to a boil....simmer for 15 mins with lid mostly on so as not to lose all the liquid and voila.....the best soup in the west! It made about 10 cups of lovely thick filling soup.

Rest up Cin! Wish I could bring you over a bowl.

Eliz
Old 07-29-2004, 06:53 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Liz that makes two of us LOLOLOL !!!!

Tip enjoy the little brat ^^^

I want soup now, creamy mushroom with HUGE rooms'
Old 07-30-2004, 03:20 AM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello ladies...

yes, this food poisoning is definately kicking me in the rear. I feel better, but the headaches are killer. I feel like I'm hung over hehehe... all is well... I've gone back to my study groups for the CBEST. I felt dopey today... I'm never gonna order food from that place ever again!

I'll chat more tommorrow...

Take care everyone!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote