Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:18 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia 124

My back has been giving me a few twinges lately, too. That's scary. All I need is to get down in my back!!! The place on my ankle is not getting any better ... still the same size. My other ankle is giving me a fit, too ... hurting that is. All this wet weather is not helping any. We are supposed to have two sunny days and then it's back to rain for about 5 more days.

Mima ... 'bout time you slowed down some and took time to breathe. I have a hectic weekend coming up so I can't really talk. Have company coming for dinner tomorrow night. Made a banana pudding today so have part of that done. I'm cooking ham so that will just go in the oven. Then Sunday I'm having a cookout after church and having some friends over (8 people). Then Tuesday is Son's BD so I'm having everyone (that's 12 of us now counting the in-laws) over for another cookout. Planning. I have to do some each day and not put everything off 'till the last minute. It kills me that I used to be able to do whatever I wanted and I entertained all the time and didn't even think about it ...
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

I slept with old faithful last night..My heating pad...
Meme- I was able to walk a 4 mile hour just a year ago.. I don't seem to be able to do more than 3 miles now.. Lately I am only doing just over 2 miles on the treadmiland only 40 min. It is just too hot to walk outside.
It looks like we all are in some kind of pain..
We are getting a little rain.. The weeds are growing like crazy..
Hello everybody...I don't seem to have much to say ,so, until tomorrow.
Bye...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:40 AM   #3  

Baked a wonderful new lemon cookie recipe and ate way too many.....am up to 6000 steps so far but my right hip is giving me fits. Played with the cats tonight and brushed them, one has really thick hair and mats all the time so I had to clip her. She does not liked being brushed...now my arms hurt. They are so cute whne they paly with their string and it's good exercise for my arms swinigng it around

Joanne..I use the heating pad everyday, keep one on the bed too!

Meme..I used to entertain all the time too and don't do it at all now..just my kids.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:49 AM   #4  

I should try my pedometer again today. It doesn't work right, Well, they are gone. Glad to saee them come and it was ok to see them go. Because I get tired but we had a great visit. DIL used to be crabby half the time-not now. Evan is very colicy-suggested a different formula, I was good eating yesterday. Threw away a lot of stuff. Ok Meme-move over, Went to the Church Fair meeting and took a folder of places to go to to solicit-yes solicit-donations for the Auction. But they are all in one plaza, except for Walmart where I will go today to get my car serviced, I have so much to catch up on but we are going to a wonderful conference this weekend and sleep in our camper. Missionarieds fro Asia-Interserve-professional people with real jobs who spread the word=it's dangerous for them. And then to work for 4 days. Messed up on reordering Brad's prescriptions and also forgot to mail the check with the telephone bill. No one is perfect, least of all me. Be good. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #5  

I love coming in here and reading your posts. Makes me feel like I'm not alone in this. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one.

I look around me and it seems everybody else is living a 'normal' life ... going to work every day and coming home to their families and NOT falling down exhausted but doing other things as well. I just can't do that any more. I either work OR I play ... can't have it both ways any more. If I do any work during the day, I have to rest that night or if I know I'm doing something at night, I try to rest during the day. If I wind up doing both I pay dearly the next day and wind up taking a day or two off. When vacation time comes around I take pain meds. to get me through it and take a week off afterwards to recoup. I know I'm having company Sunday so I'm already looking 'forward' to that now and I've started cleaning. I'll make part of the food Friday, the potato salad, then the desserts on Saturday, put baked beans in the oven before church Sunday and hubby will grill after church. So it will take me FOUR days to do it. Then I'll start on Monday getting ready for Son's BD party Tues. and we're grilling out for that one, too. I'm buying a BD cake and icecream and that's it. Then I'll go to bed for a couple of days. That's it for me until hubby's BD in October, then Thanksgiving in Nov. and Christmas in Dec. and I'll have to plan that all a week ahead of time, too. Oh well, at least all my cleaning will be done until Spring! Maybe I'll just go to bed in January and hibernate until about the middle of March!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:31 AM   #6  

Hey, when do you get another real vacation Meme-it helps to have something to look forward to. Let's see, the hospital sent my mammogram AND bone density report to the rheumo-straightened that out -had good news, my mammo was fine and the osteoporosis stayed the same, which the doc had said would make him happy-I guess I have some loss in my neck which would be the reason I shrunk an inch and a quarter. We are going to the mission conference this afternoon. hey meme, I'm a great one to do things ahead. I remember my mother peeling potatoes and keeping them in cold water a day ahead. So I learned it from her. I'm already thinking about next week going away to work, planning my outfits. That's number 1. Forgot about leaving food in the house for Brad. Nice not to cook this weekend. It's going to be real hot and we are not sure we will have enough electricity to have air conditioning.But there is no air on the third floor where we stayed last year either. We are bringing a fan. Hope you all ahve a good weekend and stay cool. have a nice time at your party Meme. Bye Mima
Old 07-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

All this planning ahead seems pretty normal to me. I do it all the time. It is called survival...
Gave my program last night at tops.. I had a lot of good stuff,but, I think most of them were thinking more about going home... Maybe I was more boring than I thought..I didn't gain this week. I stuck with S/B all week. I want to lose another 4 lbs...
Hello everybody.. Have a Great Weekend...Joanne
Old 07-30-2004, 11:02 AM   #8  

I think I'd rather just TELL everybody I'm going on vacation, board the dog, close the blinds and go to bed!
Old 07-31-2004, 04:10 AM   #9  

Hi all. Too tired to type much. It is just after 2:00 a.m. and I am off to bed - FINALLY. I am becoming a Candice I was laying in bed, but my hip was hurting and my leg was thumping like a toothache, so I had to get up. Decided to come play on the computer, and now my pain meds are kicking in.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I am off to Edmonton. It is a long weekend here, and Ashley will come back and stay with Grandma and Grandpa for the rest of the week.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:07 AM   #10  

Happy..that would be a not so bad thing! My hip is giving me fits too....my pedomter is not working right, not counting everystep like it was......

Meme......I try to hibernate in January............try not to schedule anything! I have always planned ahead..especially with makeing food.

Joanne.....sounds like you are having success with SB......I'm trying to eat at 18 pts for a few days to see if that will get me going down again. Gotta quit baking!

Mima...no air..I couldn't take it!

.. lemon cookies...way too good and 2pts a cookie, they are in the freezer but I ate way too many the first day!

Mowed today and did some floor exercise, laundry in now and got the bathroom cleaned. Got a bad hip again so been trying to stretch it out. Need to get an appointment with the eye doc, I just can't se good anymore and it's been awhile.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #11  

Default Hey There

It is raining here and as you all know by now,I love the rain...
Candice- S/B was not all that good last week. I stayed the same as the week before.. I too am going for the 18 points as much as possible this week but not too many carbs.I won't weigh in till next week as I am going to my daughters for a long weekend. Hopefully my G/son will be there for the weekend. He is in the Navy and will going back out on tour in Oct. To a place we all hate to think about.
Happy. I hope your hip is feeling much better...
Mima- I guess you are working again..
My sister has been having a problem with her heart lately(CHF) .Please add her to your prayer list.. Her name is Eleni and she is a special person..
Hello everyone...Joanne
Old 08-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #12  

Not working til Tues-went to a Mission Conference, It was awesome-so many wonderful people. Called Interserve and we help support a couple of them . I want to go on one of the 10 day trips to an orphanage in Turkey where you hold the kids- called Hug teams-all handicapped. I'm sorry about Eleni having trouble Joanne. Hope they can do something . What is CHF? I am so fat!!!!and tired. Mima
Old 08-02-2004, 05:12 AM   #13  

Joanne..sorryto hear about your sis...

Mima....you will be like lady Di with the children........I do not think I could travel like that, but then you do get around alot!

Just pain and more pain and more pain the past few days! Not sure why and my pedometer is still acting up
Old 08-02-2004, 07:22 AM   #14  

I am in a lot of pain but it is caused by my eating so many things that I have a food sensitivity for-just paying the price. Got lots to do before I go away. Glad there is a computer in the lobby. I even found out how to get my e-mail. Mima
Old 08-03-2004, 07:10 AM   #15  

Just sent my flower pictures in so in the next few weeks I will have a link up I'm sure

Made a big pot of veggie soup, used chicken broth, tomatoes, turnips, carrots, green
beans, zucchini, mushrooms, corn,celery, kidney beans and edamome (sp). Threw in
some garlic and sweet basil and parsely for flavouring. Comes out to be about 1 pt a
cup and made about 16 cups. Putting it in the freezer so I will have it handy when I
get in my hungry moods!

Anyone know when you plant your fall crop of lettuce? We have had an unusual
growing season this year so not sure I should even try sewing a few more seeds. I
enjoyed my spring lettuce so much this year, hard to go back to the store bought
stuff!

Gotta stay out of DH's m&m's !!!!!!!!!!!! Blew 10 pts!

DS, got mooved into his new apartment and his car got broken into, they smashed
the window and took out the Stereo. The police say there is nothing they can do,
this is the 7th break in in his apartment complex! (Downtown Des Moines, Iowa)

Storms today maybe so not sure how much sleep I will get.