South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Hump Day Chick Chat July 28

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Noticed the thread hadn't been started yet, so here it is.

Going to run take my shower, get some coffee and I'll be back!

Mamacita
Old 07-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I was in here earlier but got distracted by writing in my journal.

Coffee is a definite must this morning. It's gloomy and wet again! Poop! All my aches and pains are worse in this kind of weather but are getting better. I now can go without my wrist splint, says the doc, and the knee is not permanently damaged although it will take weeks to heal. That's good news - I think.

My darling Lucy comes home late tonight so I won't be home until tomorrow. tomorrow. Morna's DH John will go to Ottawa to met the plane and I'll get my baby Thursday morning when I take Hersh for yet more bloodwork. If she ever "comes in", she will be flying west too for her assignation. This dog business sure is complicated.

Lots to do this morning so I need to get cracking. What's happening chez-vous?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Ruth...

Now, didn't Lucy fly west to get pregnant? And it was via AI? So, tell me, wouldn't it have been easier and a lot less expensive to have the little swimmies come to Lucy rather than the other way around? Surely there's a vet somewhere in your part of the province who can perform the procedure. Just wondering.

I was out in southeastern Ontario last summer. Met some friends in Detroit, we drove across to Windsor and then drove straight across to Niagara Falls. Had a fabulous time, too. From there, we drove to meet some other friends in Liverpool, NY. and then repeated the steps backwards back to Detroit. All in a long weekend!

Had to work late last night. Yesterday am when I called in to the main lab, my boss was in a royal snit b/c of "people not doing what they're paid to do". I ended up volunteering to go do a couple of blood draws down by the state capitol. DH went with me, so it wasn't too bad. And BIL had dinner waiting when we got home! I think he's trying to atone for the smoking thing... I was still dog-tired, though.

And for some reason, I kept trying to convince myself that yesterday was Wednesday. So, today really should be Thursday, right???

I'm thinking of starting Bodyflex. Anyone heard of it? Aerobic breathing. I'm reading the book and practicing the breaths so I can do them first thing in the am. The author claims I could lose anywhere from 4 to 14 inches from my midsection in the first two weeks. This is NOT in place of SBD. Just some exercises, since right now, we're too busy with the Honey-do list here at the house to go walk for an hour a night.

Mamacita
Old 07-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #4  

Coffee- oh yes, the morning beverage of choice. Oh, how I will miss my caffeine when I am pregnant again. I have already eliminated my noon Diet Coke to slightly help the transition. Went cold turkey with DD and was miserable!

Morning Mama and Ruth! Hope you have a glorious HUMP day!

Back to school for me, although it is all inservices and meetings until the kiddos come next Wednesday. My make-believe life as a stay-at-home mommy is over.

Off to begin a string of OP days, as I made it to BED OP yesterday. I swear, those evening hours can get the best of me if I am not careful!!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:14 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Mama and Ruth, it is a dreary day here too today. Rain and gloom enough to put you in a blah mood. The only thing keeping me going is that I am leaving for my trip in two days, YEAH, I have started packing my kitchen stuff and hope today to start on the clothes. I want to have everything done by tomorrow night. We are hoping to leave by 6 am Friday morning if not eariler as we believe it is a 12 hour drive and we want to get to the campsite before dark. I went shopping last night and tried on bathing suits how depressing I have got to get back on track as soon as I get home. Hoping to find some of these SF sryups and the laughing cow cheese you guys are always talking about we don't have them here. Well I must run for now and put in a load of laundry and make the bed. Talk to ya all later. Ruth glad that your wrist is feeling better and hope that you knee is feeling better soon. Give Lucy a hug for me when she gets home. Nothing better than hugging your kids. I have one home to stay the my oldest dd came home long enough for a couple hugs and a kiss and went back to her Aunts til DH and I get back from our trip. I am rambling on again must get cracking or nothing will get done. See ya.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

Hi Kiko we were posting at the same time. Have a great day.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #7  
I found my hipbones!

mamacita--I did try bodyflex from about the middle of October till mid-November. I had heard about great results that a cousin of mine had using the deep breathing exercises and stretches, so I tried it for a while. I lost about 5 inches total in that month (about a half inch to an inch and a half everywhere) without being on a diet, but it was really difficult to maintain the twice a day schedule through the holidays, so I kinda gave it up. I'm not sure I was really sold on these exercises for myself, and I felt like a fool doing the deep breathing stuff while other people were around. But I can say that it was the strongest my thigh and butt muscles had been for a long time. The author used to have a website where you could order a video and the exercise bar, but all I see there now is a "new site soon" message.

In good news, I've lost the extra pound that found me over vacation, and I'm down a half pound from where I was before vacation. So that's happy. Bad news is I didn't sleep well at all last night; I remember seeing 4:30 this morning before I finally conked out. (Maybe I shoulda posted then and I'd have beat Ruth and mamacita here for once!) Anyway, don't know how I'm gonna fight the urge to fall asleep at the desk today, but I'll try.

More good news...the hubby got a phone message yesterday to set up a phone interview for a new position at the college I work at! The interview process where I work is ridiculous and LONG, but it's nice to see my man all jazzed up about them showing some interest.

Ok...I've been here too long already. Gotta go make breakfast and get ready. Have a good day, ladies!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #8  

hello everyone!!!
looks like another busy day here at work!! yuck!! not a whole lot to report from ohio. this week is flying by and i have nothing done for our trip yet . i woke up early and started a list of things to do and will hopefully get something done tonight. the cable guy is supposed to come tomorrow to hook up my internet at home we got a great package deal on hi-speed internet, digital cable and digital phone all 3 for 99.99 a month locked in for 2 years so i couldn't pass it up. the kids are excited since it will no longer take FOREVER to download etc. my mom is surprisedly (is that a word??) excited about taking the kids while dh and i go away for the weekend, she isn't much of a babysitter usually but she offered right away when i said we were going. i'm wondering if there is a catch?? i'll worry about that when we get back.

laurie your peppers sound very good!! if you like a little heat i have made a really good hungarian hot stuffed pepper using ricotta cheese as a filling with a tomato sauce topping they are really very good and totally op.

jenn- thanks for the advice i'll be ready for the down the road a piece directions!!! was the cookie good at least??? congrats on your winning run!!!

ruth- glad your baby's coming home!!! also really great your wrist is feeling better.

hello lc, ellis, kiko, mama, and all the rest of you wonderful chicks!!! have a great day on the beach!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

Jodi, where are you and DH staying while you are in Penn? Are you driving as well? I need to post my ticket numbers and maybe we will be close by each other.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:42 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. Hooooo boy, DF is a grouch. Woke up at 6:15, which is totally unlike him as he likes to sleep until 8:30, saying 'WHERE IS THE %^&*ING SHEET???" Excuse me? Then he said some more explitives. It just so happens it's on the floor on HIS side of the bed. Somehow it'll be my fault, though. He then got up and went to the living room to watch TV, where he still is. Hopefully that's over! Doubt it though. Made it a little harder to fall back asleep, and I had some TOTALLY bizarre dreams. Guess I need to go out there and see if he's still grumpy. Hope not, but probably won't be so lucky. You all have a great day!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #11  

littlechick we are staying in a town called pittston pa it is about 45mins from the track (east of the track). at the super8. yes we are driving also it is only about a 5hr drive for us from here. we are staying saturday and sunday night.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #12  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Good morning beach babes.....not much to report here. I've got a day ffull of meetings, so eating regularly might be a challenge. I have a dinner meeting at a friends house....with my luck, she will be serving lasagna and garlic bread. Keepingmy fingers crossed for a big salad.

DB and I just got pre-approved for a loan and are starting to look at buying a home this weekend. Litttle scary, but exciting also. I can barely keep this place clean and it's only 1050 sqft...I don't know if I can handle anything larger....Time will tell. Any timps on househunting......

Gotta run and get ready for the day....oh and get another cup of coffee... Have a wonderful day on the beach ladies.

Sheila
Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ack, Weezle, sounds like DF is really frustrated with the no job thing. Have you showed him the odd todd website yet? I think that might help him out, just a little. At least he'll know that he's not alone. And he would definitely laugh! it's: www.oddtodd.com and tell him to check out the cartoons. They are all hilarious and things that a boy would really get into.

I'm sorry that everyone is seemingly having a blue day! I hope it gets much better!

Girls, you enjoy your vacations and come back with lots of great things to say about each other. Ruth, nurse that knee...glad it's not permanently hurt! Are the red hatters at least bringing you soup and ice?

I would love the hungarian pepper recipe, Jodi!

Fuzzy, I work at a college too! What do you do there?

I'm off to do summer registration...wish me luck and lots of strength to stay away from the evil liqueur filled chocolates and eat the nice string cheese I have with me!

No throwing sand--play nice!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:03 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

Jodi I just sent you an email. Morning Beachgal,Weezle,Sheila. Be back in a few one of the wee ones needs me.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:45 AM   #15  

Morning, chicks! I'm out of my Plantation Mint tea It just isn't the same when I have to drink a different flavor. Oh, well, I haven't had Cinnamon Stick in awhile.

Only three meetings today and they are spaced out so I can get work done (and eat lunch). I hate lunchtime meetings. I at least want time to heat up my leftovers.

I am seriously missing my exercise. Only 3 more days of my son's swim lessons and then I'll have my time back to exercise. I feel like I'm in withdrawal.
Closed Thread