Old 07-25-2004, 07:18 AM   #1  

Unhappy Reality Bites

Ok - here I am reading the posts... lurking around.... and I post an answer to the word game you all have going on here. And then I look at my little signature thingie - number of posts: 45 - registered user: Aug 2003. OMG - I have been on and off this web site for a YEAR and I haven't really changed one bit! The lowest my weight has gotten over the past year was 169 for one weigh in. I am currently at 188 or 189 - I am not sure which because I am too scared to get on the freakin' scale. I am going to see a nutritionist on Wed, so that she can tell me things that I already know, like "Hey Krista - stop eating so much!!" I have an online journal at Fitday, but I usually stop entering food after lunch - why... because I don't want to see what the total is before I go to bed after I ate my way through the evening! But, for the nutritionist I need to bring at least 3 days of food journals... so I figured I would just enter my stuff into fitday and then print them up. And I would have be honest because she won't believe that I got to 188 lbs by eating oatmeal and salad all day, right?? -- I decided to do this on last wednesday ... well for some reason nothing got entered after 2 pm.... hummm.. strange. Well, yesterday I wrote it all down in a very non-judgemental notebook and then today - about an hour ago I entered it all in to fitday - a honest days caloric intake - and OMG!!!!!!!! Anyone wanna guess how many calories I has yesterday!?!?!?!??
How about 3690 claories, 174 grams of fat, 349 carbs, and 144 grams of protine!!!!!!!!!! What the **** is wrong with me?? and I didn't bat an eyelash eating that yesterday!
I just feel so crappy... what an eye opener. An honest look. I am fat. Why? Because I eat to be fat. Now I just have to STOP! Almost 4000 calories. Wow.
So, here I go into my new start on weight loss.
Anyone have any good advise??? I could realllly use some.

Thanks for listening to me rant.
AllAmericanBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #2  

krista- bless your heart.
i just joined the jaded ladies last wednesday for support and my beginning weigh in was 222 on thursday. i too,, was afraid to get on the scales but i knew i needed a starting weigh in so i just did it!!! then i decided that i wanted it to be less by next thursday and the only way to do that is to start eating healthier and exercise. i get up before my three kids get out of bed and i do some sort of exercise so that i can say to myself "dont eat those ______ because you'll ruin your exercise for the day" it really has helped. i also post on the chat line how well i did each day and of course i cant lie because everyone will know when i post my weigh in on thursday. i have put it in my mind that the jaded ladies will hold me accountable for my weight and that works for me. i try to keep the jaded ladies with me all day so that i dont give up. i am an afternoon eater as well. but when the snack cabinet starts calling i start praying or i go to the posts and read. it gets me past whatever attack im having.

well, i hope this helps.

trying really hard,
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:46 AM   #3  

tj,

Thank you for the encouragement! I just got back from the gym (45 min on the eliptical trainer) and and now in the process of making meals for my lunch this week. Grilled chicken, brown rice and steamed cauliflower (did you know that there are only 31 calories in 1 cup ofsteamed cauliflower??)
I think that looking at an honest intake for 1 day really opened my eyes. I knew it was bad.. but i didn't know it was that bad!!
While I was at the gym I decided that my best bet to avoid failuer is to set goals for 7 days at a time... looking beyond that is too much for me - I get overwhelmed mentally and quit before I even get started.

Thanks again
AllAmericanBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #4  

krista-
love your idea with weekly goals, that is great!!! i have an ultimate wt goal but i sit down and try to plan my exercise for the week (on sun) and my food plan for the grocery list (on fri). also, someone else told me to only focus on 5# at a time so you dont keep looking at the big picture and feel discouraged. (eg. i have 82# to lose) that could make me want to eat right now. but i'm telling myself "its okay, take 5# at a time and it will add up quick".

i am so glad you made it to the gym....45 min on the eliptical. good job!!!!!

no, i did not know that there was only 31 cal in 1cup of cauliflower. did you know that raw fruits and veggies are considered negative calorie foods? this means it takes your body more calories to break them down that there are calories in the food. you can consume as many raw fruits and veggies as you want and still lose weight!!!

well, hope you continue the good work!!! i have confidence that you will!!!

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Krista--

Welcome back!! (yes, even though it's been awhile, I do remember you!)

First, don't beat yourself up so much!! Everyone has struggled with get into gear...me for one. I've been stuck at the 150lb mark...for months and months (actually I can say the last year practically)....and then this last month I finally saw a dip. But that is due to stress...not a good way to lose the weight!!

This place is a great place to come to for the support. Especially when you're needing it. So even when you're feeling stressed out, guilty, ashamed, sad, even happy and excited (all feelings that we all go through) don't hesitate to come here and just talk it out. It helps. No one is going to judge you for what happened. We will support you and help you back on your feet!

I think setting a weekly goal is wonderful! I think I may try that myself!!

Please come here for support and know that we are here for you and always will be!! As TJ has said....I too have confidence in you that you can do this!!

Take care

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello, great idea aabout making yourself a 7 day goal agenda. Failing to plan is planning to fail...
Make as much food as you can ahead of time so that you have it there and ready.

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote