Old 07-22-2004, 05:58 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking StAy At HoMe MoMs #223

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb. 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:02 PM   #2  
Walking away the weight

I keep forgetting to give you my bio!

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 and happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:03 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

I am running back out the door but I wanted to post the new thread and see what ya'll thought. If you don't like it, we can just delete the bottom part or if you want to add yours we can. We need to vote and see what everyone thinks

I will talk to you all tonight. I wanna chat if anyone else can, just let me know

Have a great one!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:44 PM   #4  
**Kristin**

Hi gals quick drop ih to say hi! Busy day - we all (dh, dd, and myself) slept for like 4 hours this afternoon, after a night with barely any sleep it was nice! a coupe of you asked about Kasey (the german shepard) she is only 4 years old, apparently the arthritis is hereditary..who knows, she is resting alot and still has diahrea but is less frequent, and she has new meds I picked up for her......zantec 75 - CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? she is on human indigestion medicine! haha! I thought that was funny, but it seems to help!

Michelle - I laughed so hard when I was picturing you telling Tay that and getting slapped....I do stuff like that some times to antagonize sydney..i know, bad mom...haha, but they are so cute when they are mad

I'll give my bio stuff, however, no time to post to the rest of you I sorry! Crystal, Boing-boing, Cindi, Angel, Leigh, Geri, Di, Penny, ya know i love ya!

BTW - Penny, I think that is a cool idea count me in...here is my "info":

Sydsmom/Kristin - SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Just began Weight watchers in mid-July.
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #5  
Seen any cute shoes???

Smile Quickly, quickly...

The boys are upstairs with Donald and I'm finishing up cleaning the kitchen and doing a couple of loads of laundry, so naturally I needed a break and thought I'd check in on yall.

I was inspired by you gals serving Hamburger Helper and pulled out our emergency box (I keep a couple of boxes for quick meals and such) and cooked that for Donald and the boys with english peas and garlic bread. I just browned a little more extra lean ground beef and made me a taco salad.

We ended up not going to the beach...it's was 101 today and I just could muster up the courage to slather everyone down so we could go literally bake. We ended up doing a little running around and I'm not sure what was going on but the kids each had a moment where I wanted to look around and ask ''Has anyone seen these children's mom, they seem to be misplaced'' We are home now and their filled up with supper. So I think I'll put them down a bit early tonight. I may even do something crazy like go to Target by myself.

Ok. I'm off for a bit. I'll check back in. Spryng I hope you have a great weekend with the hubby.

OH and my bio thingy.

Cheri, married to Donald for 8.5 years, stay at home/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing /kinda, lol/

Last edited by CheriBrorsen; 07-22-2004 at 07:34 PM.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 07:49 PM   #6  
mama of 4little Angels

Evening ladies,I've had a rought one today.Woke up with a migrain headache.
I've been a grough all day.I let the kids fix their own dinner.It was kind of funny they decided to make corndogs with chicken nuggets and chips.Good thing I did'nt eat with them I had leftover porkchop and mac and cheese.Don't know what i'm going to fix for DH.I might let the kids cook for him to .I did'nt exercise today i've had a headache all day.Can't get rid of it.DId'nt go to sleep till about 130am.Hopefully I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight.

Penny you can add me to the bio list.
SAHM of 4.Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Well i'm going to get off here.I did'nt check the thread today.I just wanted to check in and let you girls know I did'nt forget ya.I'll check the thread tomorrow and play catch up.Everyone have a nice evening and a good night.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #7  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Evening!

Hey girls!

I have gotten my whole house clean, my groceries bought, and several loads of laundry done. I am tired! I think I will be keeping the child that came today, but will know for sure by the weekend.

I have not been hungry at all today, so I am WAY below where I should be for the day. Don't know what the deal is.

My BIO: Cindi, Mom to 6 boys and 1 mean girl. Plan... No diet for me! Portion control, exercise and lots of water (most days )

I haven't even eaten dinner yet! Nothing sounds good to me!

Angel... sorry about the headache! Hope it gets gone soon!

Kristin...YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME OUT!!! J/K!!!! Life as a mom is hectic, I know!! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!

To the rest of you! Hey!!!! and BYE!!!!

Back soon!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #8  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Today I cooked Cambells Fast Fiesta Shepards Pie:

Campbell's® Fast Fiesta Shepherd's Pie
Prep. time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10
Serves: 4
Source: Campbell's® Quick and Easy Cookbook

Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 can Campbell's® Tomato Soup
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 can Campbell's® Cheese Soup
1 cup 2% milk
2 tbsp. butter OR 2 tbsp. margarine
1 1/3 cups Instant Mashed Potato Flakes or Buds
0 Chopped fresh cilantro OR 0 Chopped fresh parsley

Directions

COOK beef in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
STIR in tomato soup, corn, picante sauce and cumin. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min.
MIX cheese soup, milk and butter in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes. Let stand 30 seconds. Mix with fork until evenly moistened. Drop potatoes by large spoonfuls onto beef mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Yesterday was fun.. my hubby tells me I'm getting too dark! Now whadya think about that!?! I finally found the library, but I have yet to read a book! I can't wait... I haven’t read in a long time! Anyways I need to join in the challenge.. I have been doing HORRIBLE!! I drank 2 real sodas, ate a burger, and two fries, and some skittles! I did exercise for an hour today, but I need to exercise again!!! I bought some sugar free chocolate so that maybe will help with my cravings... I am sooo tired! I have so much to do. I need to finish washing clothes, folding them and etc. I need to wash dishes , take a shower, bathe the kids, clean the living room... etc. I've cleaned up earlier.... but hey it doesn’t stay that way!

I know I missed everyone… …. Sorry!!!!! Penny, I take the whole thing! Darn..it sounds like I have a bad day everyday! I'm gonna get better.. tomorrow! I think I need to get this fast food thing out of my head… that was my downfall in the first place. I can do it! I have to achieve my goal.. And that is to be healthy… I won’t be like I am doing now. I have stopped journaling and counting and everything! I’m being awful!! Tonight (not tomorrow) I’m going to start at least getting my journaling back on track! Well time has run out! I'm sorry I couldn’t leave comments for everyone! Will talk with everyone later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:47 PM   #9  
2BoysMom

Good evening,

It's so quiet here...my fav time of the day .

My Bio...

Chubba/Geri...Mom to two boys, Will (3) and Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

I don't know how this will work Penny...the more of us there are the intro will take a whole page and we'll be going through threads faster than ever. It may work better just to have our bios in our sigs?? What does everyone think?

Leigh...Ok I watched Fox for 35-40 mins then I had to get the little devils outside for our bike ride so I missed your Dh again!! He must have been on during the 2nd half. Keep me informed of his schedule and I'll keep trying!! Not sure I liked the host of that hour...don't know how to describe him...kind of full of himself was my first impression Anyway biked a little over 4 miles with the boys in tow.

Sorry to not get personal with everyone, but I'm tired and I want to keep reading my book (believe it or not it's a harlequin...I usually don't read those but it's a page turner!...the love scenes always crack me up too ).

I'll chat with you all tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful evening!! Toodles.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:44 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Geri,

That's why I did it on this one.... I wanted to get everyone's input. I know it seems like it will get long.

Sahm's need their own subtitle huh?

But the pages go by how many posts you have and not how long the posts are.

But still either way is ok with me.

FYI: I am not sure if everyone knows but you can change the amount of messages you get on one page:
Go to Control Panel (on the user panel)
Edit Options (on the left)
Scroll down to Number Of Posts Per Page
I have mine set to 40 per page.

Someone had told me about it along time ago and I really like it better that it is usually only one page for me unless we go over 40.

Well I am beat, so I will ttyl

Spryng, Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:58 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok, How bout this......

Something to liven us up a little. Maybe like a question of the day? Whoever is the first one in the morning to post (Leigh... LOL)think of a question for everyone to answer while they post....

Ok Here goes for tomorrow.....

LOOK DOWN AT YOUR FEET.

WHAT COLOR IS YOUR TOENAILS?
Old 07-23-2004, 01:59 AM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok, I just found this link:

Someone let me know if any of this is really true. I am always looking for places for the kiddos to eat free:

http://www.suburbanmom.com/Dining%20Out.htm

Ok It is almost 1am so I am off to bed..... I figured I would be dead tired tonight but I am up again
Old 07-23-2004, 02:42 AM   #13  
**Kristin**

HI Gals! Well I would guess that I am the first one to post the answer to the questin of the day! My toenails are "creamy pink" is what the bottle says. I think they look like pink sidewalk chalk! haha! Its what Sydney picked when we had "girls night" last friday!

First and Formost, I believe this is long over due so here goes:
CINDI - HI Girl! How are you? I am so sorry I never get personal with you....there are about 4 or 5 people that I always seem to leave out, it is usually because I thumb through the posts and you and I are never post during the same time! I forget what you said in your post and poof! You become a name on a list of people I love and can;'t remember what you talked about! I think I have half-heimers. . . . Anyway, that is what I was thinking too this morning that I need to try and say a little "whats up" to everyone! I would love to chat with you some night or somehting, to get to know you better (I know what these girls say about you isn't true, at all...j/k !!!!!!!! lmao! ) Do you chat, can you in the evenings? Glad that you got all that housework done, wish I could say the same, with the dog being sick, maintaining is such a chore it seems. I think we have things figured out though! ugh - after 2 VERY LONG days and one virtually sleepless night....so one last question...is your daughter really mean?!?! And whick one is she in the line up that you have over there?!?!

Penny - whatever is decided about the bio's just let me know..I don't care either way, since like you said, it is counted by how many posts per page...thanks for he hint about getting the most on a page. Love the question of the day thing..too fun. It will be a fun way to get to know each other! I love "this or that" questions too..like "beach or mountains?", "dogs or cats"...I have a whole book that has questions like that, its called "all about me", its a bunch of questions that you ask yourself..they come out with it every year..i always get one, fill it out and see what has changed....

Jaymi - Sounds like you have a new focus, good for you! I hear ya about the fast food, tis what gets me every time.... lol !!!

Geri - I love quiet time too! Its quiet here now, maybe because its 1:30 AM!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA! Glad you are enjoying your book! I love to read!

Angel - hope your headache goes away, my dh gets those too, he takes a perscription sleeping pill when he gets them (about once a month) it conks him right out and he says he wakes up really refreshed and pain free...if these are frequent, you should talk to your doctor! okay, hopping down now! haha! just caring about ya thats all!

Cheri - Hope you got that trip to Target in by yourself...when I get that, I purposely go wandering around for a little just enjoying the browsing before getting what I need, I'm evil I know but if I take DH or dd I feel like a drill sargent, telling them not to get that, or we don't need it, etc,etc It was rainy here, wish we had a beach to go to ! I understand about it being too hot though, it was heat index of 114 here 2 days ago, ugh, had to keep dd in too.

Hi to everyone else that I didn't get too, I promise to address you personally one day! (lol) Just ask Cindi, she feels very special now! haha! j/k, cindi,

well I think I am going to attempt sleep, this is a new venture for me, so wish me well! I will try and pop in tomorrow...im so excited, tomorrow night is scrapmania at Archivers (any of you have those?!?) I'm going with some girlfriends from 5-11! IT includes dinner, and demos and snacks and give aways, will be lots of fun!! Hope everyone is getting some rest, and has a great day today!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:12 AM   #14  
**Kristin**

Hey one last thing I can't get my pics to fit on the avatar, I have some good ones, and I can't figure out how to get them small enough? what do I do ?!?!?! Thankd in advance for any help you have !
signed, Computer stupid
Old 07-23-2004, 03:23 AM   #15  
**Kristin**

okay last time,. I swear then it is to bed for a couple hours.....
I can' figure out how to get pics on this site, but if anyone wants to see me and my daughter, husband and puppy, you can go to our msn group page, where we chat at http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight and go to the photo album "Kristin and Family".... Only one pic of me, I hate how fat my face looks, but oh well, I know how you ladies love pics!
OKAY GOOD NIGHT!