South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 09:46 AM   #1  

Default Just triggered a craving

Normally for breakfast I dump some egg beaters in a bowl, add some fresh spinach, cook for 2 minutes, add a slice of mozarella, cook another minute, and VIOLA! Breakfast.

Today I added in some diced tomatoes from my garden. For whatever reason (I guess cause they were sweet - especially after cooking) after eating it I had a terrible urge to eat anything and everything sweet. Instead I grabbed a handful of almonds and ate them (and they tasted sweet too - wierd!).

I'm scared to eat some for lunch with my tuna, although I've been eating alot of tomatos and never had this reaction before. It was kind of scary.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:51 AM   #2  

Hmmm, funny you mention this cause I have been pondering how I make this a lifestyle and not just a diet. And I think the key is not avoiding anything that triggers a craving but learning how to work through the craving. KWIM?

And I learned from your post. You did everything right, you wanted a scooby-snack and reached for the safety of high protein almonds.

lunch goes well for you.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:36 AM   #3  

Yeah, but those almonds were my snacks and now I'm snackless
Old 07-22-2004, 12:36 PM   #4  
Peanut's Mom

A few nights ago, I was hit by an inexplicable craving for sweets, too. I don't think it was related to anything I had for dinner. I ended up having some peanuts and a TON of water. I still wanted sweets, but I was too full of water to eat another bite. Still not sure what the trigger was...
Old 07-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #5  

Well, lunch was fine. Tomatos aren't as sweet if they're raw so maybe that was the problem.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

They also have less nutritional value raw because the lycopene levels are higher when cooked. I wonder if they are really what set you off? What a puzzle!

Wendy, if you eat your snack, feel free to have more veggies later...bell pepper strips with hummus, celery with laughing cow cheese, etc. Don't starve yourself!
Old 07-22-2004, 03:38 PM   #7  

Sometimes you just have hungry days and some days you have certain cravings that are really hard to shrug. I don't crave anything starchy anymore but regularly get a real urge for chocolate which I often give into. I keep a bottle of diet coke and some herbal teas around so that when I crave something sweet I can have something that is not full of sugar.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #8  

I'm sure it was the tomatos. Anyhow, I survived it but it's probably the strongest craving I've had for a long time.

If I absolutely must have chocolate (PMS days) then I will eat a small handful of mini semi sweet choco chips and that usually takes care of it.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo
If I absolutely must have chocolate (PMS days) then I will eat a small handful of mini semi sweet choco chips and that usually takes care of it.
I do the same thing!!

Closed Thread