Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default Hot Rox

I see people in my gym who take this. They say it helps them from eating too much. Is that true? Does it work?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #2  
Head Princess

From what I was able to dig up on Hot Rox, it's basically a thermogenic supplement much like Diet Fuel, Stacker, or Trim Spa. Aka - a waste of money. Here are the problems:

1. These kinds of products artificially amp up your metabolism, so yes, you may lose weight while you're taking them. BUT once you stop, your metabolism slows way down and you're very likely to gain back all the weight you lost plus some.

2. They're expensive. Hot Rox retails for $90 per bottle. Do you really want to spend that kind of money (and for the rest of your life if you want to maintain any weight loss you may have with it) when eating the right foods and moving your body is more effective?

The bottom line is that if you want to lose weight and sustain it, you must do it without pills (unless you have a medical condition). I have personally found that if I'm eating foods that give me lots of vitamins and minerals and are found in nature, I'm not all that hungry after all. And it tastes a lot better than a pill.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #3  

That much??? Well I couldn't afford it anyway!
Closed Thread