Old 07-18-2004, 07:46 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week Of July 18**

Hi All,

Busy weekend here. Yesterday was my birthday and my Gran's. It was her 90th, so we had a big party at a restaurant. It was really nice and she had a great time.

Peter was up half the night Friday, so we were all exhausted all day at the party. He fell asleep in the car on the way home (around 6:30), and slept through until almost 7 this AM. I did give him some Zyrtec and Ibuprofen when we got home. DH & I went to sleep pretty early too, maybe around 8:30. At least I felt refreshed this AM.

Today DH is helping a friend of his move, and Peter & I are going to my mom's for my birthday dinner. Tomorrow is DH's birthday.

Last week was pretty rotten, we went to my IL's for dinner Wed. night and they wished DH happy b-day, but never me. They always forget mine!! As we were leaving, MIL told DH, we probably won't see you for your BD, so have a good one. DH whispered in FIL's ear that my BD was Sat., so FIL said, yeah, and Lauren, you've got a BD Sat, right? I made nice, figuring what DH did. I told DH I think it's soo wrong that they can't remember my BD after 5 yrs.!! I mean, come on, DH & I met on my BD!!! You'd think after the first year of forgetting, they'd write it down and make a point to remember, right? DH tries to console me by saying they don't remember his brother's wife's BD either. I just said, well, they should!! They can remember all the grandkid's BD's!!

Sorry, vent over, guess I'm just getting old and feeling left out. Pouting over...

RR, hope Kaylee is feeling better. That's great that she hadn't had any antibiotics since Feb!!

Karen, hope all is well with you guys.

Rabbit, Jackie, Tiki, everyone else...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #2  

Happy B-day Lauren!!!!!!!! (I tried to insert you a b-day cake picture, but can't seem to get it to work) Sorry the inlaws forgot your B-Day, hopefully they will remember next year. DH and mine are one day apart and his is right before mine, otherwise I would probably have to remind him. How's the pregnancy going? Any word on another sonogram?

RR: Hope Kaylee is feeling better!

Karen & Rabbit: Hope you are having a good weekend!

We are fixing to head over to the new house and hang some light fixtures and I am going to do some painting. (something small though) Our tile will be installed this week.

I blew it yesterday and gave in to a Dr. Pepper and a little homemade banana pudding. Today is another day so hopefully I can jump on the wagon and get my water in today.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:12 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Not much going on around here. I took the boy to church this AM and he went to Sunday School without me!! Woohoo. He goes to strangers really too well. It's almost scary the way he will go to anyone. And not come back to me!!
';lhg (exscuse me, Alex is helping me type.) He's actually standing here screaming because I won't let him have another cookie. Whew. He had his first chocolate chip cookies today and he really liked them. They were small, about the size of a quarter and I let him have three. You'd think his heart was broken. I guess we better wait a while before he gets any more cookies.

He's cutting *6* teeth right now. I hope we are done for awhile after this. The two top molars and all four "I" teeth are coming in. He's pretty grumpy at times. I guess that's why we haven't been able to get him to sleep in his bed. I was so frustrated after two hours of trying to get him down the other night that I put him in bed, shut the door and went downstairs so I couldn't hear him crying. After an hour he finally stopped crying and was sitting in his crib with his legs through the bars, holding onto the bars with his hands rocking back and forth. I felt like such a worm. Sometimes I just need some space. He's either on me or right beside me 24 hours a day. The only break I get is the 20 min I use to take a bath at night. And I don't get that every night. I know when he's 16 and wants nothing to do with me I'll be missing this time!!

Lauren: Happy Birthday!! Sorry about the IL's. I guess it takes too much effort to remember the DIL's. Pretty cruddy of them. Have you ever been to MotherInLawStories.com? There are some pretty crazy people out there. I hope your BD lunch with your mom was nice.

Jack: Yeah on the house. Sounds like they are coming right along. I bet you can't wait.

RR/Tiki/Rabbit: Hi guys. Hope you are having a great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:19 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! Happy Late BIrthday Lauren!! In-laws are pretty weird..OF course with DH being an only child and our birthdays being the 6th and the 16th of August, she remembers....We will be in the UP for my birthday this year, so I am gonna splurge on some white potato, oniony soup that I discovered..No cake, just that sinful soup!!!!!I cant wait to take Missy up to the Sears building again..She went last year, but I think she will enjoy it more!!! She is better with the Zithromax and REscon...That Phenergan makes her sleep 10 hrs soo it is scary that she isnt fussy at night....

Karen-Kaylee still has stranger anxiety..She doesnt even want a stranger looking at her...That is too funny about ALex...

Jackie--Dr Pepper and banana pudding???what a combo!!!

Well..yesterday was a day from he$$ taking #1 to find school pants..OMG--they had to be below the belly button and showing crack for her to consider them..There was a lady there just laughting telling me it will get worse..I am not paying $40 to have my "girls" look slutty..THen we picked up her friend that was in a tight miniskirt and must be hitting 200lbs..This is her roll model, cuz her mom lets her date, she has a cell phone, belly piercing etc etc..All her freinds got their bellys pierced this summer...What a tough world for kids!!!
Gotta run!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:35 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

Dinner at mom's was great! She made me chicken cordon bleu. My grandparents were there, and my A&U from Arizona that came out for the party stopped in for dessert. Peter had a blast again. He loves to entertain people. Of course A&U didn't leave til after 8, so Peter didn't take a bath til then, and we didn't get home til around 9. He was asleep though, and slept all night. He certainly had his fill of icecream cake this weekend!

RR, how old is #1?? Isn't she like, 14?! I can't believe her friends all have belly piercings!! No kid of mine is going to dress like a slut, I'll lock her in the house first!! (Remind me of this if it's a girl and this happens 14 yrs. from now!!)
Glad Kaylee is doing better!

Karen, Oh my, 6 at once!! Those eye teeth are tough coming in too. Does he like ice pops? I get the sugar free ice pops and Peter liked those a lot.
Here I thought it was just that Alex liked me, because he came to me soo easy!!
I'll have to check out that site!!

Jackie, I love hearing about your house. Wish I was fixing up a house...that I owned! PG is going well, I'm 16 wks. today. Have my next appt. on the 29th. If they can't find the heartbeat again, I'll get another quickie U/S. Around 20 wks. I'll have the level 2 U/S to find out the sex.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #6  

hello everyone. I had a very busy weekend and didn't have time to check in. This week will be fun. Wednesday I am going to visit my sister and ds until Sunday.

My mouth is much better. It was numb pratically all day Friday!

Lauren - Happy (belated) Birthday! Lots of birthdays in your family right now. Enjoy! ~ Are you excited about finding out the sex? My 2 sisters are having girls and my brother, a boy.

RR - sorry to hear #3 has been so sick. ~ You are right, it is a tough world for kids, and scarey for the parents!

Jackie - when will your house be finished? ~ Um, it doesn't sound to me like you blew it by having one soda and pudding.

Karen - hope the boy is feeling better with those teeth and is not so clingy. Everyone needs a break, so I know how you feel.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:46 PM   #7  

Hi guys,

ALEX SLEPT IN HIS CRIB LAST NIGHT!!! From 9 until after 6 this morning!! But here's the kicker, *I* couldn't sleep. I kept wondering if he was OK. Was he breathing. Was he covered up. Ugh. It was around 2 when I finally went to sleep. But it was so nice to be able to stretch out on my bed and roll over whichever way I wanted to!! He's in his bed now and has been for about 1/2 hr. It's so nice to have a break.

RR: Yuck on those pants. I want a little girl but I don't want to fight with a teenager about what I think is appropriate to wear!! I've alredy told DH that if we do have a girl she's not wearing some of the stuff I see girls wearing out at the mall. He just laughs at me.

Lauren: So glad that you had a nice BD. Mine is next week. I'm not really looking forward to it. I'll be 39. That's so close to 40. And here I am wanting another baby. Neither 30 or 35 bothered me. 40 is bothering me. How is the cubicle working out? Hope it's better than you thought it would be.

Jack: Ummmm. Homemade banana pudding. I think I feel a craving coming on.

Rabbit: Glad your mouth is feeling better. Wow, lots of new babies coming up in your family. Have fun on your visit.

Have a great evening.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #8  

Good evening all..........................................

Hope you all had a good day. I guess I am doing okay. Seemed to do good with eating today and drinking water. I did have another Dr. Pepper. I thought I could give them up completely, but I can't seem to do that right now, so I just cut back and try to have just 1 per day or every other day. Did not get my walk in tonite as I have so much to do around here etc, and still will not get it all done.

Lauren: Glad the pregnancy is going well. I know you can't wait to find out what you are having, girl right! Or have we changed our mind due to RR's story this weekend? (just kidding)

RR: I thought Brandon was turning into a monster with going into the teenage years, but at least I don't have to worry about him showing his crack yet, or his boxers for that matter. He wants to be popular and fit in with the crowd regardless if he likes what they are doing or not. It's amazing the things kids are doing these days. I am sure dreading middle school, and it starts in 2 weeks! Yikes!!!!!!!!!

Karen: So glad you were able to get a little break. Sorry Alex is having such a rough time with the teeth. Those years for me are so far back, it's hard for me to remember all the details, but I don't envy you one bit! Sorry I gave you a banana pudding craving. The kind I make is so delicious, it has condensed milk, vanilla pudding mix and unsweetened whipping creme for the pudding mixture, and then you break the "real" (not an offbrand) vanilla wafers up in chunks and chop the bananas in bite size pieces and then layer them all together. It's actually light and fluffy and sooooooooo good. Now do you really have the craving?????????

Rabbit: Thanks for the kind words. Since we are controlling the building of our house, it will probably be around 1st part of October or late Sept. I am so ready. They got the tile down in the living room today. It looks so nice. DH & I have been married for 16 years and we never could really afford to do our house the way we wanted until now, so I feel like I am starting all over, but it's nice.

Sorry to write such a long post. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:16 AM   #9  

Good Morning all!!!
Lauren--she is 13 and going into the 8th grade..I went to a church school where they measured your dresses soo it is too weird that all this goes on in public school...
Speaking of school, I have started putting "K" on the list for preschool..WOW that makes me happy and sad!!! She is sooo kisssy, kissy and loveable..I told her last night, lets never quit!!!!

Doing really well diet wise!!! I eat 1 slice bread with cheese for breakfast, 8 oz milk and then fruit and Lean CUisine for lunch and then one serving of whatever for supper....
I have been soo angry yesterday with a patient of mine that was 16 months old--preemie,born crack addicted, fetal alcohol syndrome, trach tube to breath, feeding tube to eat, ventilator to breathe etc etc with a foster mom cuz his mom was still addicted to crack and drinking, in jail and pg with #8..Of course, she has never miscarried and had only 3 healthy babies in the group..SOrry, it makes me sooo mad since people are just trying to have babies and cant.....

Well..off to get dressed and more coffee!!!
Karen--U R a baby!!! I was pg at 38 for Kaylee!!!!(OK, dont figure out my age silly girls!!!!
RR
Old 07-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

RR: Wow, 13 yo. Just starting with all the teenage angst. Those are the years I dread the most. I was only a little defiant so hopefully my payback won't be too bad. DH sounds like he was probably a handful so I'll probably get caught in the crossfire . Hope things are better with the little one at work. I know it's tough to see people who don't appreciate their children.

Jack: Post away!! It's fun and it helps blow off steam when you don't have anywhere else to vent. Sounds like your gonna be packing soon!! I bet you are excited. When I can't sleep I lay there and daydream about what I'd do to this house if I had the money!! You'd be surprised at the changes I've made in my imagination.

OK, I've already had to leave twice to re-settle the boy. Guess I better go now. Have a great day tomorrow!!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:27 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Been a busy week around here. We're going down the shore this weekend, I'm soo excited!! Unfortunately, Peter's had a horrible diaper rash all week. I think it may be a yeast infection, because the Desitin doesn't seem to be working. I've been giving him as much "air time" as possible. Poor little guy wouldn't even sit down in his bath Tuesday night, and last night he just stood there and cried! Broke my heart. I bought some generic lotrimin cream last night and put it on last night and this AM. Daycare has the Desitin to keep on him during the day. I'm hoping that works. He has his 18 mo. appt. tomorrow at 1:00, so I'll bring it up then.

RR, wow, you have to put her on a list for pre-school?! Peter's daycare goes right up through Kindergarten. I'll probably send him there for K, even if we live in another town, because it's close to my work, and he can still stay there all day. I have no idea what I'll do when he's in regular school, unless whatever town we live in has an after school program?! Even if I sent him to the public school K, they would drop him off at his daycare for the rest of the day. Ugh...I don't even want to think that far ahead!!

Karen, 30 bothered me big time, I cried!! I don't 35 did, that was a whole year ago...can't rememeber! I don't know if 40 will.

August cannot come soon enough....I am DYING to go buy baby clothes...baby GIRL clothes!! I'll be 20 wks. around 8/16, so sometime between my appt. next Friday, and then, I'll find out!!

In case I don't make it back here to post before tomorrow afternoon, have a great weekend all!!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #12  

Lauren--Put Aveeno oatmeal bath in the water for diaper rash..It will change the PH making it not hurt the tushy!!!

Thanks Jackie--I went back to catch up on posts and now I am craving banana pudding..Is this the thanks I get for the brownie pic????
Have a great one..Hello all!!!
RR
Old 07-23-2004, 09:03 AM   #13  
LBH

Hey All,

Peter's butt is soo much better today! He still cries when you go to change him, but he was happy in the bath last night. The rash is now light pink, instead of the dark or bright color. I can't wait to show the Dr. today and see what he thinks.

Looks like our weekend down the shore is gonna be a wash. Rain and T-storms in the forcast all weekend. Oh well, should be interesting in a house with 6 kids under around 8 y/o and a bunch of adults!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:02 PM   #14  

Ok..I can steal a minute now that BOO Bah is on..OMG...that is sooo freaky!!!
One more week of work and then vacation!!! Yeah!!! I am packing lunch on the road soo junk will be limited and I dont have to worry about fast food...
Well..off to cook quick!!!!

Hello to all!!!
RR