Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 04:39 AM   #1  

I have been wanting to try one of the $12softcover WW cookbooks. I have it narrowed down to about three. Great, I can't think of them off the top of my head! But what I'm looking for is simple ingredients, ( in the past, ww recipes were notorious for calling for all kinds of exotic ingredients) and kid friendly. A variety would be good, breakfast, lunch ideas and yummy dinner recipes. Any suggestions on which ones I should consider? What are your favorites?
Old 02-28-2001, 06:27 AM   #2  

I really like Simply the Best!
Sue
Old 02-28-2001, 09:16 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Simply the best and 6 o'clock solutions.
Old 02-28-2001, 09:09 PM   #4  

I like In the Kitchen With Rosie and 1001 Low-Fat Recipes. Also what I do is look around the various websites (including this one and WW) and when I find something that sounds good I print it and put it in a 3-ring binder, then as I try them get rid of the ones I don't think I'll try again and keep the good ones. I'm getting quite a nice collection built up that way and you only include the types of things you and your family enjoy, that you will actually try, and not a lot of stuff you know you'll never make.
Old 02-28-2001, 09:36 PM   #5  

How about 10 cookbooks on one cd? I just ordered mine! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...307341-2984551

Naylene
Old 02-28-2001, 10:56 PM   #6  

It's not one of the $10 cookbooks, but this is by far one of my favorites: Weight Watchers Annual Recipes for Success 2001. You can order it here: http://www.oxmoorhouse.com/product.a...J74KLRAKN5BVS6

------------------
Jenni
257.5/229/132 (-28.5)

http://www.bugsbest.com
Old 02-28-2001, 11:52 PM   #7  

I am addicted to the WW cookbooks that run $13 at my site. My absolute favorite is the Six O'Clock Solutions book. Great recipes...I've made about 8-10 things out of it (which, for me, is a lot!) and all have turned out great. Plus it had kid-friendly (in my case, hubby-friendly!) recipes like sloppy joes and sweet potato "fries."

One caveat though, it's an older one and I noticed at my center they just put it on clearance for $6 so I think they are making room for new ones. Also, I think only "Down to Earth" has the updated Winning Points points--all the others used the 123 formula for determining points counts

Melissa

PS--"Down to Earth" runs a close second in my book--it's an all vegetarian cookbook!

[This message has been edited by roohound (edited 02-28-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 10:12 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

I know what you're saying about ones with exotic ingredients and things that no kid would touch! I just bought Day by Day. It has some "normal" food in it.
Hope this helps.
Tina
Old 03-01-2001, 05:49 PM   #9  

When starting in September I was looking for basic style WW cookbooks...asked a friend she recommended WW Simply The Best..wow terrific...love it...made several recipes in it and just find it terrific...Also bought their new one WW New Cookbook...like it very
much...but my #1 would definitely be STB.

Good luck on your weight loss and recipes!

Carla
Closed Thread