UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #1  
wife, mom, notary public

Question What do you say to your kids…?

What do you say to your kids…?

When I told my two kids 13&16. I was losing weight. My goal is 125lbs and I’m losing it by my next B-day Jan 31. They both say if I weigh less them or were in smaller size clothes them they are in their just going to die. I can do it to them.

I told them they could join my workout and eating plan then. And they better start now cause I’m on my way. 125 by Jan 31.
But of course they don’t want to. They are not over weight. But probable could use more exercise. Couldn’t most of us?

Now the oldest the one. Who never offers to do anything and when she cooks never ask if anyone else wants any too. She now wants to cook me bacon [which she doesn’t like to make because it bites]. I remind her I’m not eating that. She saids that smart “sure”. Or “oh that”. I still make the rest of the family BLT.

It hard to stay encouraged “but I can do it"
JUST WISHED I STARTED BEFORE THEY COULD TALK!!!!
What you do today really does effect tommorrow.,
Kids you got to love them!
sallyjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:06 PM   #2  
Must Stay Motivated

lol @ your kids.

I have to say that I don't make a big deal out of dieting in front of my kids because I don't think it is healthy for kids to go on diets (unless they are incredibly overweight). I try to feed them healthily and hope that they will not be overweight when they are older. I have to confess that my weight problems only started AFTER I started dieting.

I was stick thin, put on 5 stone when pregnant with my first. Lost the weight without much effort and was back in a size 8 before getting pregnant with my second and doing the same. I then made the mistake of joining a diet club to lose the weight instead of just being a little careful like the first time. I lost the weight but put it back on again just as quick and am now as big as I was when I was pregnant. I don't think it is the diet's fault but my own. I tend to go through a binge and cram it all in phase if I know I am going to start a diet. It is all psychological and so it will vary from person to person.

My youngest daughter is probably a little cuddlier than others in her nursery but I wouldn't say she is overweight. I certainly wouldn't want to give her a complex.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:15 AM   #3  

I haven't got any kids but I am dieting with members of my family and my target keeps going down as they get slimmer It is very annoying them being slimmer than me.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:19 PM   #4  

Default the same ...

... I get the major eye green eyes as my sister (who lives with me) has lost alot of weight and my older sister (who wants me to be a bridesmaid!) has lost about 3 stone... I think the only reason she wants me to be there is so that she looks great. I do not want to be the fat lump beside her.

*** I will not be the fat lump beside her *** I will be 126 soon...
wewie is offline   Reply With Quote