Old 07-12-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cool Moanday, July 12th Chat

Good Morning

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMMA !!! Enjoy your day

Started induction AGAIN today.......damit!!!!!!!!!! When is enuf, enuf ??

Anyway now that I got that out of my system. The weekend was great, can't complain other than the nasty eating I did.

Whats up with everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #2  

Good Morning Leenie! Good luck on induction! I know you can do it! Glad that you had a good weekend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMMA!!!!!! Hope you have a GREAT day!!!!

Well, I am sooooo exhausted this morning. I slept in yesterday, then took a long nap yesterday afternoon. So, last night I couldn't go to sleep. When I finally did I woke up about every hour! Hopefully work today will go by quick and I can get home and get to bed early tonight! Hope everyone has a great day, and I will check in a little later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I am so tired I could scream... last night was day 6 of 7 on nights... I am so wiped out. Get home and the psycho DD is up playing piano- has not been to sleep at all last night.

Was OP all weekend got home this AM and want to drink.... instead I at blue berries and cream- which is not induction... but I deserve them after last night. I have to get some sleep because DD wants to go shopping in a little while. Not unless she gets off the piano and lets me sleep... heck she needs to bring herself to bed she has been up since 10am yesterday... starting to worry about her...
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #4  
Head Princess

Good morning, tired ones!

Well camping was great! DH had such a good time, he's like a kid. He even left with a new nickname - Scope - which resulted from shooting a rifle while his eye was too close to the scope and ending up with a gash near his right eyebrow. We shot guns, went for a hike, drank too much, and generally lounged around the campfire. It was wonderful and I was so excited to see a shower and a toilet when I got home

This is going to be another short week for me. We leave on Thursday to go to Denver and then drive up to Casper. I'm really looking forward to seeing MIL. Oh, the excitement!

AND, Thursday is also my 1 year anniversay of beginning this new WOL. I was hoping to have dropped 80 by then, but I got close! I need to start jogging and see if I can bust out of this 4 week 'pause' that I've been on.

Have a great day, everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning everyone. I hope that you all had a great weekend.

Leenie, maybe induction is too restricting for us who have been on this WOL for a while. I am thinking maybe you like to consider being in induction with having a few things from OWL added in so that you wouldn’t feel too restricted.

Happy Birthday Shimma.

Lisa: sorry that you couldn’t sleep last night. I hope that today would be and easy day for you and you would have a nice long uninterrupted sleep tonight.

Amy: How old is your DD? Boy youngster have so much energy. When I was in college I could go two full days without sleep and could still function properly. Now if I don’t sleep one night, the next day I can’t function at all. Have fun shopping.

Star: Have a great visit to MIL. CONGRADULATIONS and Happy Anniversary.

Well today is my 3 month anniversary and I have lost 17 pounds, 13 inches, and little over 5% body fat. I am really happy with my results. Only one thing is bothering me and that is the fact that I haven’t lost much in my waist. In the fist 6 weeks I lost only 1” from my waist and during the second 6 weeks nothing. Not that I am unsatisfied, actually I am becoming very fit and bulges and bumps are going away. But just the fact that if I want to buy any pants, shorts or skirts, I have to go with size 12 bothers me. But I decided I am not buying anything until my waist catches up, LOL. I know I have lost inches where I haven’t been measuring. My waist used to be pretty defined, LOL, not because I was fit, but because I had roles of fat just above my waist and one just below so I could tell where my waist was. Now when I look the bumps on my sides are completely gone and so I don’t see any waistline and that is a good thing. If I look side ways I still see a little bump above my stomach and one in the back. If I knew and had measured about half an inch above my waist and half below I could see how much fat I have lost there, but oh well.

I actually had a tough couple of days. Friday nigh after I had dinner and was completely full, I felt like having something. So I made myself Ziploc ice cream. Half an hour later, I wanted to eat again, even though I wasn’t hungry, or bored, or craved anything in particular. So I fight it off and went to bed. Saturday morning I didn’t feel like eating when I woke up so I waited until 10 when I felt like having something. I made omelet with cheese, had that and went on my work. Half an hour later, again not hungry I wanted to eat. So I checked my food log to see if I can make something out. I realized that for the past month I have been eating exclusively grilled chicken, or grilled steak, with grilled or uncooked veggies. I remembered reading somewhere that if we eat the same thing day in and day out, our taste gets bored. So I went shopping bought shrimp and fish, stir fried shrimp and had it on Saturday for dinner and on Sunday I made the fish with new Italian seasoning that I got. It came out very delicious. Then on Sunday afternoon I felt that I was back in control. I learned another lesson here, it is very important to have something new every once in a while to satisfy my taste. During the past month even the few times that I eat out, I had ordered grilled chicken with the dressing or the sauce on the side. So I decided that from now on I am going to try to make something new every week, and when I eat out, I am going to order something other than grilled chicken or steak.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

SHIMMA happy happy happy birthday

Ok Saturday I got my head shaved so i could be lazy in the morning and not have to comb it lol.Well i forgot to wear a hat sunday on my ride and i have a tomato for a head .My whole family was laughing their butts off so didnt I once i seen myself in the mirror lol.
herb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:52 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Herb: Sorry to hear about your head. DH cuts his hair super short (what there is of it is only a scraping of hair--like stubble) and he burns his head ALL the time. Hope it feels better soon (try aloe vera)

Rachel: Sounds like you've learned something new. I was reading what you said and was trying to look back at everything I eat---which is the same thing over and over with no break in for new foods. But my problem is I'm a picky eater and most of what I liked to eat isn't allowed So I DID buy some new veggies to try--it's a start. I love shrimp but don't know how to make it. Was thinking of trying the carbsense bake mix for a coating and then deep frying it. OH!! Carbsense on chicken strips and then fried is DELICIOUS!!!! And the mix is 0 Carbs.

Star: You've every right to be proud of yourself. You've come a long way and with excellent results. You're one of the reason I keep plugging away at trying to get this WOE down pat. Keep up the good work. And sorry about your DH's eye, but glad he likes camping.

Amy: Glad your days are almost over so you can relax!! Don't worry about the berries. Just get back on program

Lisa: Hope you can sleep better tonight!! Try not to work too hard.

Leenie: Is there ONE food that you'd like to include on induction? Any way to make your induction a little more lenient? I admit I don't think I could ever go back to strict induction--mainly because I love putting sunflower seeds on my salads. Like Rachel said.....maybe you should include a few more items?

Well, I'm late due to a good reason--I was sleeping. Why was I sleeping so late? Cuz I hadn't gone to bed until 2:30 am. Why so late? Due to this freaking rainstorm that flew through our area and flooded us. Yup, once again our basement is wet. How wet? Well, I bet we had at least 4 inches or more down there. That's the most we've EVER had down there since we've lived here. We had 2 sump pumps going at the same time PLUS we were using buckets to bail it out. So I get equator trek miles for SURE on that! We finally got all the water out at 2:00. So of course after being so upset (washer, dryer, furnace, hot water heater, 2 freezers and the NEW dehumidifier were all under water) with how much water we had (oh, did I mention we were getting dirt this week to help PREVENT all that water from getting in??), DH and I ate (split) a LC cookie......a zcarb bar...then we munched on sunflower seeds....then a LC ice cream bar before falling into bed. I only got at 9ish cuz the boss called to find out how I was (I called her last night cuz her boy babysits my kids and told her I wouldn't be in due to the flood in the basement). I've got pictures that I'll play with in a day or so. It's off to read a few more posts and then to the hardware store. We're buying ANOTHER sump pump (one that pumps water faster) and some fixings for the sump pump drain. I'm hoping to NEVER EVER in my lifetime EVER go through what we did last night!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:52 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

I'm brain-dead!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMMA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:22 PM   #9  

ok want to hear how my day went from bad to worse? Ok I will tell you.....

SO since I couldn't sleep this morning I got up, took my shower and headed to work early. I got there around 7:15.....thought I could catch up after being out last week. Well there I am sitting in my chair at my desk when all of a sudden it completely SNAPS! I mean the legs just snapped in half or whatever and I went down like a ton of bricks and hit my head on the side of my desk. So I am sitting on the ground now holding my head and I start seeing blood gushing from my head. People started coming over to see if I was ok.....very embassassing moment....they decide I need stitches so off I go! A co-worker drove me home so that DH could take m e to the hospital. I tried to reach my plastic surgeon....she is out sick......don't want just any old doc to stitch up my face! We head to the hospital and wait....and wait...and wait......so finally I asked for the name of a plastic surgeon and DH called them and told them we were in the ER and could we come up and have this looked at ....They were like OH God yes, you don't want them to stitch that!
So I went up to their office and now have 11 stitches and a black eye! Oh and a big *** bruise on my hip. Must have happened on the way down so to speak! My head is screaming right now......2 Aleve so far haven't even dulled the pain. I am going to park my very sore body in bed and watch tv.

The End.

I am not sure I will be back in work or not tomorrow but I will try and check in for personals later or tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your kinds words on my 5am thread! Sounds like none of us are getting any sleep.

Happy Birthday Shimma
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Jane: Hope you're feeling better. Take it easy and sorry to hear you got hurt.

I'm still in a daze. Haven't done a dang thing except spend $155 on stuff to fix the basement. Another sump pump. All the fixings for it. Stuff to make it go out the cement wall. Stuff to patch the cracks in the cement wall. Tools for the stuff to patch the cracks in the cement walls. ARGHH!!!! I've got this stupid headache and feel like I've got a buzz going on. I hate this feeling. I know a nap would cure it but then I wouldn't go to bed at a decent hour tonight. I'm going to help (as much as possible) DH fix the new sump pump (did I mention it has more power than the others so should pump water faster??) and then fix something for supper (not even hungry for lunch. ate a piece of cheese) and then daze out until a decent hour to go to bed. I hate days like this. Did I mention it's supposed to STORM again tomorrow???
Old 07-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Just wanted to update. We got everything to fix the sump pump and got a call from DH's mom....his Granpa passed away
Old 07-12-2004, 07:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Goodness Jane.... glad it wasn't worse, hope you feel much better.

DD is 11 and well lets put is lightly she is just a little on the nutty side. She stayed up doing laundry so we could do something today since is was my first off day in a week, instead we curled up in the bed about 9AM and we both slept all day, she was the one who got up and turned off the alarm so that we could go back to sleep. But since summer started she has not been sleeping well, she has regularly been staying up 24hour stretchs since the end of May- worries me....
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote