Old 07-11-2004, 09:16 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of *~*~*Jul 11*~*~*

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. DH is at drill this weekend so ours has been pretty quiet. In fact, he was in bed by 9:30 last night. The boy and I are going to go to church today. That will take up a chunk of the day. Only 1 1/2 years left of drilling. It's been fun having the perks that go with the reserves but I'm tired of him being gone so much. Especially for the two week AT. He STILL has to do the weekend on the month he has AT. I think that's mean. Of the four weekends he's been home from AT, he's been at drill for two of them. OK. Vent over. (Remind me of this when I get excited about cheap Disney in Feb!!)

We are going to go to Texas in Aug!! We are going to drive...24 hours. I know the boy will be hard to deal with, but we can't afford to fly. We checked into renting an RV, but there is a huge PHISH concert in Vermont that week. Every RV in the eastern seaboard has already been rented...for $400/day!! They said if you give them three months notice you can get one for $100/day. I guess that's what we will do next time.

Hey, do you guys have Italian charm bracelets? A friend of MIL's gave me a blank one about a year ago. (DH is always fixing their computer for free.) I didn't know it was one, I just knew it was too small and pinched the crap out of me when I tried it on. I was looking at them at the mall the other day and figured out what I had. The charms were *SO* expensive $20-25. I found them on ebay for $.99 and up. One company will even give free shipping if you buy $15 worth on the same day. So, for the price of two charms from the mall, I got tons of charms for me (OK, about 10!!) *and* a bracelet and lots of charms for my SIL (who I just found out is PG!! I'm *so* excited. I hope she has a girl!!).

OK, guess I've talked enough. My mom always said I could talk the horns off of a billy goat.

KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, You're too funny..."Talk to horns off a billy goat"!! What's the deal w/cheap Disney?! Do tell! When was the last time you were in TX? That's exciting, do you have a lot of relatives there? Congrats to SIL! Hey, maybe you'll be PG at the same time!

We drove by another house yesterday. It looked alright in the pic, but it's small and has barely any property and it's in a kind of remote area. Oh well.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:46 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!! I have been soo busy with my little "neediness" that I dont even have time to say boo anymore..OMG, she is sooooooo busy!!! She figured out how to open the child locks and broke my Corningware dishes(2 and a lid), threw a whole bowl of oatmeal on the floor after placing it on her head etc etc...I dont need the healthclub, I have free running here!!! I did buy an excercise ball and have been having some fun doing legs and abd work until either #2 or #3 pushes me off!!!

Lauren--WE are looking at houses today also...I cant believe how expesnsive they are there..FOr the same price here, we can get triple the house..We are going today to see one that is 3800sqft, 5BR, 4 bath with a built in pool and hot tub, pine and slate floors and ceramic tile kitchen..Has a childrens den on the 2nd floor with a hobby room on the 3rd which I have no clue what that is..I like the yard which is 2.4 acres fenced...THe house is 289,000..which is actually cheaper than over there...We are looking because this house is still in the courts hands with the estate junk..we can be forced to move at any time and sell but I dont think the judge will do that since DH actually owns more than the 2 boys but who knows.

Karen--We are leaving for the UP (13 hour drive) in 2 weeks..Kaylee did great last year at 6 months and loves to ride so I dont think it will be a problem..Much nicer with the Odessey and the extra seats, DVD player etc...I am gonna do the DIsney thing next year after she turns 2...I have decided not to go to Europe in Sept, dont think she could tolerate the 10 hr flight...maybe another time for us...

Hello to all!!! I am doing great on the diet front...I have hit my goal weight and now just want to tone things...Of course, DH is fantasizing about another baby, but I dont think I want to try that again....After 2 mc, I am freaked out about all that stuff..It is soo mental and I dont want to be that down again...I hit the lowest I have ever been depression wise back in May and I felt out of control mentally..It was rough but I am back to me again....
Have a great weekend!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #4  

hello all! I am back from vacation and really had a great time. Lots of time at the beach and the pool. Played tennis, walked on the track. Great to be with the family.

I didn't count points at all last week so today I start over with that. My weigh in is on Thursday - hope I can undo some damage by then!

RR - glad for you that you are in a better place now and feeling like yourself again!

Morrigan - cute kids!

much catching up to do today - gotta run.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #5  

Good evening to you all..................................

Hope you all are doing well. Been busy with work and our new house. They finished painting last week and they are going to start laying the floors this week. It is starting to finally come together. I have done good with the eating today, except for a piece of Brandon's B-day cake from Sat. (ice-cream cake, mind ya, from Dairy Queen) My baby turned 12 last Sat. He is growing up so fast. Anyways I drank lots of water today, no sodas and actually walked 20 mins with DH tonite. I can really tell a difference when I do those things. Hopefully I am on the right track. After my Dr appt last week, I decided it's time for me to get in control and eat better and exercise. As far as the thyroid condition, I am borderline and they want to repeat blood work during the next 6 months. They mentioned I could possibly have the signs of early Graves disease. However, I am not going to worry and stress about it, just try to eat healthier and exercise more, and take better care of myself, which I am doing slowly.

Rabbit: Glad you had a good time on vacation. Hope your weigh in goes good on Thursday.

Lauren: Good luck on house hunting. Sometimes I wish we could have just found a house we liked instead of building one. Building your own house can be worth it, but oh is it stressful. Not sure with the increased house costs if we really came out that far ahead though.

Karen: I can't believe it costs that much per day to rent an RV, although I have never really priced them. Hope you all have fun in Texas.

RR: The house you guys looked at sounds really nice. Did you have any luck?

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:31 AM   #6  

Good MOrning!!
Jackie--soo good to see U..I was thinking and hoping things were going better..The house was perfect, except for the teeny little fact it was in a flood area..THe house wouldnt flood, but U would not get back to your house or leave your house and since it has been raining daily since May, I would not want to hold my breath every time I saw a cloud..Oh well..maybe another day....GLad your house is comming together..THis house is nice for us...nice low note, big, great area for schools and kids but it belonged to another woman once..Know what I mean????

Well..off to the races!!!!
RR
Old 07-13-2004, 08:16 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, that house sounds gorgeous, but being in a flood zone would not be good. We have that problem in a lot of areas around here. Our house is not in a flood zone, but the guy next door built his house up from ours (it's only about 8 y/o) and then he put a wall up along the property line and now his drainage goes into our side yard. You can't even walk out there if it's been raining a lot, and it caused a flood in our house this past winter! He probably should've gotten approval from our landlord before he built it, but our landlord probably didn't care to go to the town and complain. If we bought the house, I would most definitely make it a condition that the neighbor must put in drainage so that doesn't happen.

As for "her neediness", I can't kind of relate. Peter is too busy to walk anywhere anymore, he runs when he has to go somewhere. This AM, he was wondering into the LR with his blanket...still waking up...and tripped on the blanket and fell, banging his poor little nose on the edge of a can of tomatoes that was in a bag on the floor. Screamed bloody murder...I tried to get him to keep a Boo-boo Buddy on it, but he wasn't having it. He hasn't even gotten rid of the last bump on his nose...God only know where he got that!! If I don't watch him, he too will dump his bowl of whatever on the floor.

Jackie, good to see you. Glad the house is coming along. Anyone I've every talked to about new houses always says they're just as much a headache as resales! Hope you don't have too much trouble!

Rabbit, Welcome back! Glad you had a good time...hope WI isn't too bad this week. You never know, with all that exercise, you may have come out ahead!

Karen, never heard of the charm bracelets.

Well, today is the day I have to move to the other cube...the dungeon. BooHoo, maybe I will just sit here and refuse to move... Wonder what they'd do?!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:51 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I am so tired of rain. We couldn't go outside at all yesterday. And it's cloudy again today. I hope it clears up soon.

Lauren: Oh, they'd probably load you on and the desk on a dolly and roll ya over to the new one!! If you do an ebay search for Italian Charm Bracelets you'll see them. I got some of my charms yesterday and I had a blast arrainging them and putting them on. I made mine big 'cause I don't like anything tight. Yikes on the flooding. Seems like your landlord would want to do something about it too.

Jack: Glad to see you. Sounds like they are really coming along on the house. Cool!Hope your tests come out ok.

Rabbit: Good luck on WI.

RR: Yikes on the flood plain. Hope ya'll find something soon.

Gotta go. Little one needs me.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:45 PM   #9  

hello everyone.

I'm getting back in the swing of things this week. I'm finally caught up on the laundry! And I'm in the process of planning a baby shower for one of my sisters. It is in early August so there is no time to waste!

Jackie - glad the house is coming along. We built our house and it is tough to do. ~ What is Graves disease? I'm not familiar with it.

Lauren - oh, I wish I'd come out ahead this week, but I think I'll have a gain on the weigh in. It doesn't help that I've been over points the last 2 days and had to use flex points. I'm still in vacation mode I guess! ~ Boys just seem to get lots of bumps and bruises.

Hello to RR and Karen!

Rabbit
Old 07-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #10  

Hello......................

Rabbit: To answer your question, Graves disease represents a basic defect in the immune system, causing production of immunoglobulins (antibodies) which stimulate and attack the thyroid gland, causing growth of the gland and overproduction of thyroid hormone. Since I only have some of the symptoms, they are not positive I have it. They will check my blood in 2 months and 5 months and then compare them to the tests done in May and June and then they will decide if I have it or not. One thing that stood out to them was my antibodies are 158 and most people are around 10. This is why they thought I might have the beginning signs, however, I don't have all the symptoms. I really think that all I have been thru the last 3-4 months with losing my mom and building our new house and my job has just took a toll on my body.
I still have lots to learn about that condition. Hope this explains it. I am not the best when it comes to descibing medical terms etc.

Day 2 with only water and no soda. Had to work late and not able to walk because of the rain. I have been doing pretty good with the eating part too. It's amazing how much different I feel when I drink tons of water.

RR: I agree with you on the flood issue. I am keeping our fingers crossed that we are lucky with hurricanes this year.

Lauren: Okay, did you get moved to your new cube? That's awful about the flooding. I would definately make that a condition if you were to buy the house.

Karen: Hope you are having a good day.

Well, dinner is calling me to finish. Have a good evening all.

Hello to anyone else I might have missed!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:32 PM   #11  

Jackie--I am with U on the hurricane thingee!! Unfortunately, if it misses me it goes to U!!!What a bummer!!

Lauren--Hope U R moved in!!! Kaylee is falling and hitting and bumping constantly..She has started with "night frights" and screams on and off all through the night..We have her check up for 18 months(late) on Friday so I will ask the Pedi!!!
Kaylee "helped" make brownies for "Da" today...She loves the spoon!!!!
Take care!!
RR
Old 07-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, OMG, that pic is hysterical!!! If that's not a little devil/angel face, I don't know what is!! Just precious!

Karen, I looked up the bracelets. Didn't have a lot of time, but all I saw was the charms, they're cute. DO they just connect to each other though? I never liked bracelets...they get in my way!

Well, I got a reprieve until at least Thursday! I talked to my boss in the kitchen at lunch and he said he didn't really care if I moved or not, but the COO said if I'm going to be part of Operations, I should be sitting over there. He's a nice guy though, so I'm hoping they let me stay. Not like anyone is waiting to move into my old cube, there's barely anyone over here!

Have a great day all!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #13  

hello! I am back on track from vacation. Sunday and Monday I used flex points, but yesterday I did not and had a perfect day.

Jackie - thanks for the info. I did not know what that was. Hope you get some good news about it next time. ~ Hooray for all the H2O!

RR - funny picture! She has such pretty hair - what a cutie.

Lauren - nice that you got a moving reprieve.

bye now - Rabbit
Old 07-14-2004, 04:50 PM   #14  

Hi all..................

RR: You are so right about the hurricanes. Very cute picture of Kaylee!

Lauren: Glad you get to stay put for now

Rabbit: Good job on your day yesterday.

Karen: How are you?

To the rest of ya, Hello

Still sticking with the water, going to try an walk again tonite. Brandon and I are going out to eat, so I might splurge for a soda. On that note, guess I better walk that soda off this evening. NO EXCUSES!

Have a good night.

Jackie
Old 07-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #15  
LBH

Time's Up...I've gotta move. Had a really good talk with my boss though, I think things will be good working for this guy, he's really nice. I'm still not happy about moving though. Looks like I've gotta move my stuff tomorrow. Oh well, I'll just have a pity party for myself!