Old 07-11-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Smile Stay At Home Mom's #213

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Sunday Morning

Good morning all.
I think I posted back on Friday. I scanned through the posts but didn't take notes so this won't be too good.

Geri, I am an Avon rep. My sister joined and then I joined under her. She has done great. And she homeschools and is expecting her 8th child and her dh works out of town alot of the time so don't ever think you don't have the time. And you're right Avon sells itself. I've only been doing Avon for less than a month or about so I'm just now picking up on it.

Leigh, you could be on a plateau but remember Spryng, she hit a plateau for several weeks tossing a few numbers back and forth but she stuck with exactly what she had been doing and she has broken through it.

Jaymi, don't be upset about the gain. You're right today is a new day, start anew. Good luck.

Cindi, you are being blessed. I am so happy to hear things are turning around for you. How is dh's new job, he got one right?

Michelle, I understand how you feel about having a bad Friday night. I slept 3 1/2 hours literally, I had been awake at 2 am and never went back to sleep, although I tried, and I was busy busy busy on Saturday. But last night was better, I got like 7 hours or so. Hope your Saturday night was better.

Spryng, I know you are enjoying yourself. Hope you're having fun and being safe.

Kristin, how is WW going? We'd like an update, of course this coming week will be one full week right? Let us know.

Hi to Melissa, Melinda, Penny, Ginny, and Tricia.

Well ladies, yesterday was my garage sale day. Me, my sister and best friend met at 7am and headed to Mesquite to find them one right after another and another and another. This is a yearly thing that we do and we've been in several different months, but we have learned that July is the best. The hotter it is the better they are, don't know why. Our goal every year is to get our kids a few things so they know we were thinking about them. Alisa asked for a church dress and she got one along with coloring books, shoes and alittle play pretty purse. Of course some school stuff too. Ally got a dress, shoes for the fall, and a pretty play purse. Andrew got some clothes for now and for fall, a car and a basketball net thingy that makes sounds. On top of lots of decorative things for my new house. My bedroom is going to have an Asian theme and my guest bath is going to be nautical and kitchen will be french country and fruits so I found all kinds of goodies. Now we get to plan next year. I was literally going yesterday on 3 1/2 hours of sleep but I did well. Today we are skipping to church to go to Walmart and get a few groceries. Then after nap time, the church is having a picnic with all kinds of fun stuff to kick off Vacation Bible School this week and we're going to that. Just me and the kids, dh is working today on a side job. Anyways, just wanted to say hi. Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday. I'll try to check in later.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:48 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

I didn't even get to check in yesterday.......

Hope everyone had a great day! It sounds like it!

Hubby decided to get spontaneous yesterday and planned for all three (YES THREE) kids to spend the night at his moms and we go do something together.

It was really nice last night to be alone but I missed Andrew soooooo much (and the other two also) but Andrew has never spent the night away before. I am sure he did fine.

I have to get ready for church and then go get the kids and get them ready. (Yeah I am gonna get ready before I go get them......lol) Don't get to many chances like that..... LOL

The house is just too quiet..... Did I actually say that

Have a wonderful day! I will be back this afternoon.

Oh Btw, I am down 1# this week. I am heading back in the right direction.

Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:16 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Hey, gals - I have a bit of an emergency if anyone is online . . .
We suddenly were invited over to a friend's for brunch, but she's not having anything lowfat and I'm out of flexpoints. How do I go and not be rude by refusing food?? Also, we have dinner plans and I want to leave enough points to not go overboard, but be able to eat something in the 8 point range. Help!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Never mind - I figured it out. We're picking up spread and she's getting the bagels, so I'll have 1/2 a bagel with 2 tbs creamcheese for about 6 points and not have any of the mimosa. Or just one sip of DH's Sorry - for some reason the suddeness of it all sent me into a little panic.

Cindi- it's wonderful how you have such an awesome support network. I'm glad we can be part of it

Penny - I love your new pic! I'm glad you got time alone with DH, that's always nice. But I know what you mean about missing the kids even when we crave some alone time.

Crystal- it sounds like you did really well at the garage sales. That would be fun! You should take pics of the decorating you do so we can see.

Okay, gals, I'm off for now. I'm trying to talk DH into beginning to organize our condo. It's getting crazy and I feel like everything is out of order. It's driving me up a wall. I think DH doesn't completely understand because he's gone most of the day (and out of town a lot). But this is the environment I'm having to be in all the time.
TTYL.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #6  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking I'm Excited

Hey girls have'nt had time to write this weekend.So I thought i'd drop in to check on everyone.Seems like everyone is doing well.
I've got some awesome news. My girls got saved at bibleschool yesterday and tonight they get babtisted and join the church i'm very excited.
As for me I'm doing alittle better with my cravings there finally gone till next month.
Penny,that was a nice thing your hubby did for you.I did'nt think stuff like that happened in real life.HAHA.
Anyhow I gotta get off and get ready for church tonight everyone have a great day.
Angel
PS I don't know what I weigh right now I'm scared to look
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hey All! Here is my sorry excuse for a post for right now. I know you all are getting tired of seeing “short” post, I feel like I am not doing my part …. Actually I know I’m not doing my part. I should be more supporting, and making more comments. This is not an excuse, but if my computer had DSL I could do 15x’s more. It takes soo long to just load a page, that I barely have time to do anything else. I wish I had more time to get to know you all, and all the newbies to get to know me! I wish I had more time to support the friends here that I have already made! I’ve had to go to copying and pasting my posts to even make sure I’m here everyday. That really sucks!! But I want to try harder… I need to designate a time just for you all… I just can’t seem to find it. If I do it in the morning… I lolly-gag and don’t get my exercises done. Then if I wait until later, hubby or sis complains about me being on here all day… So I don’t know, but I will figure something out soon. I miss being able to read and comment every single post, that helped me out with a lot of my own problems…But I want you all who don’t know me that I’m a better person then you are seeing right now… I just suck right now!! And to all of you who already know me, you all know that I can be better than this.. So please work with me… and try to bear with me!! Well we have a busy day ahead.. Our so called “family day” So I will try to update you all later!! BTW I lost 2 of those lbs I gained back… but of course I worked out like 4 times yesterday.. Today none yet,,, but I will!! Anyways gotta get outta here and get dressed before hubby starts fussing!! Talk to you all later!!

BTW: Chubba- just using fat free ingredients like mayo, and I can’t believe its not butter light…and etc.. Not really making it low fat.. Just lower than it was!!

Leigh- I have plenty left.. If you like leftovers!!

Everyone else… thanks for your comments and support!!

Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!!

Well weigh in day for me today and I maintained which is great considering this was a horribly weak week for me lol. So I'm happy and I'll do great this next weigh in I'm sure.

Leigh, have a good time at your breakfast this morning. Do you know if you are supposed to eat all of your points each day or is it ok if you come in under points by 5-8 pts?

Jaymi - I know how hard it is to keep up here we are a very active thread.

Crystal - Sounds like you had a good time garage saleing I'll go one of these days but hubby doesnt like to so I guess I'll have to go by myself.

Penny - WTG on the 1lb down!! Keep it up!!!

Have a great day everyone, I'm going to try and do something constructive.
TTYL!!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Good afternoon! Doing well today. DH and I went and bought furniture and a few decor items for the guest room, which we're now converting to Liam's room. He's been sharing our bedroom Anyway, I'm very excited - we're getting him a bunk bed (for later, obviously - he'll use his crib/toddler bed first) and it's a twin over a full. This will give him lots of floor space for toys and to play, but we'll still have room for guests to sleep there. We're doing a safari theme, which I love. DH really likes it too - the one kind of shopping he gets into is home decor

Angel- I'm glad you're excited about your daughters. Hope you all have a good day.

Jaymi- don't worry too much about responding- we just like to hear from you

Michelle- my understanding is you're not supposed to drop too low - so I think you're supposed to not go under 20-22 points. But a few points under - like 2 or 3 is okay.
HTH

We're going to take a family walk in the park and then go to dinner with friends. DOn't worry, I have 11 points left for that. I also decided agaisnt the Wendie Plan for now. I thought about it a lot this weekend and I think I really want to see how my rededication to working out impacts my loss and I still want the flexibility of Flexpoints.

Last edited by Loveliam; 07-11-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:27 PM   #10  
2BoysMom

Good evening all!

All the beasties are in bed...Dh included. He gets so cranky sometimes...don't we all? He can't use PMS as his excuse though.

Michelle, I used to go to WW and you are supposed to eat at least your minimum points of your range each day and not go below it. I never had a problem with that myself . How're things going?

Leigh, great job with breakfast. I give in way to easily...especially for a mimosa! I sound like such a lush sometimes . Liam's room sounds great. We're going to keep the boys in the same room..unless they start to kill eachother...until they're older and need more privacy. I would love it if they grew up really close. They fight alot now, but they're always looking to see where the other one is too so it can be cute.

Jaymi...stop saying you suck and just keep posting when and what you can! We love you here

Angel, congrats to your daughters. Just get on that scale and get it over with!! We'll still love ya Once you see the number it'll be easier to stay OP. (listen to me would ya??)

Penny, it kills me...my beasties drive me so nuts some days, but when they're not here I miss them too. I just don't get it. Glad you got some alone time. Did Andrew survive??

Crystal..looking forward to selling Avon. Told my bf today that I was going to do it and she said great! We have another friend that sells products by Jafra...very expensive if you ask me and whenever we would all get together she'd be hauling out catalogs and products and such and it would drive us nuts! She is kind of the pushy type! It wouldn't have been so bad, but she didn't ask if anyone minded, you know? I need to figure some way to tell her because I know she thinks her products are much superior to Avon's (she's a bit snobbish). Kind of looking forward to it though . I know she'll ask why I didn't want to be a Jafra rep but they have to host those in home demo's...not my cup of tea anyway. More people have heard of Avon than Jafra anyway . Good luck with your business too.

Cindi, Jesus sure is nice, isn't He!!

Hi to everyone else out there!

Took a 13 mile bike ride today...a little over an hour. Weather was great and there were a ton of bikers out and about. That's about all I did today. Took a very little snooze this afternoon during the Nascar race while the kids played in another room. That rarely happens around here!!

Well I should get off of here. Hope you all had a great Sunday!! I'll check back in tomorrow after WI probably.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies.....

I am running around like usual!

VBS is coming along great! I stayed there almost all day decorating with all the other ladies. We had a great time and I can't wait to see the kids faces tomorrow night. I have to be back at 10 am to finish decorating and cleaning up.

Hope you all have a great week. I will try to check in as much as possible but this week will be so hectic!

Oh here's a pic from home this morning getting ready for church. I know how you ladies love pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pennychurch.jpg (31.6 KB, 23 views)
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

hi everyone,
I guess no one missed me too much lol. I came back 5 days ago from my grandmothers funeral. I tried to log on a few days ago only to find out that all my posts ect had been removed again. i had to re-register my email addy again. i do believe this is the 3rd time I have had someone remove my postings and edit my email but this will be the last time as I have decided not to worry about weightloss for a while.

3 days ago ( on friday) we found and went out to look at a beautiful 3 bed/2 bath 1925 sq ft house with 3.5 acres of property up here in the high desert. The seller wanted $127,500. We offered $125,000 that morning and she accepted the offer and called us friday, late afternoon to let us know. The seller is also a CA licensed realtor so we are cutting out the middle man so to speak.

anyways, we have set a 45 day escrow so hopefully by the end of August we will have bought this house and will finally be out of this apartment.

as far as my dieting, well I am not on one anymore lol and actually feel ok about it.
I am enjoying not having to watch every little calorie or ask myself if something has too much fat or too many carbs.
I'm happy just being me, and if that means being overweight, then so be it. If no one around me likes it, then they dont have to associate themselves with me.

well, I hope you all take care and I wish you all the best in your weightloss journeys.

p.s Chubba?? seeing as YOU seem to know who the person is that has been removing my postings and Pming me,(although, for some reason, you wont share the info with the rest of us) perhaps, you can give this person the good news that they wont have to waste their time anymore playing there stupid little games

LOL how pathetic!!!
♥Lisa♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:49 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies!

I didn't get to check in today, sorry, but I've been a good girl, I swear, very OP!

Crystal, sounds like you've had a really busy, but fun weekend. You sound like you are feeling much better, with all that you have going on. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful and productive weekend.

Penny, love the new Pic! How nice of hubby to surprise you with some alone time together, very thoughtful of him, sounds like a keeper! I can totally relate to you missing the kids though. As much as I complain about needing "my space" as soon as I get it, my mind wanders off to what L & E and daddy might be doing. Sad but true. Great job on being down a pound! The scale is definately moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

Leigh, hope you fared ok with eating away. Sounds like you got it under control. It can be very challenging when you leave the safety net of home huh? Now you know why I'm so worried about leaving to my sister's house on Tuesday. But I plan on doing some grocery shopping first thing to avoid temptation. Organization IS sanity to me, and my house is far from organized! Start small and work your way through the house in small steps. It's not easy, especially with all the kid stuff we accumulate, but I know I always feel better when clutter is gone, it actually clears my head as well.

Geri, wow, what a great work-out on the bike! I'm very impressed by 13 miles. I'm glad you had such great day outside. Days like that just totally rejuvinate my soul, I love being outside and in nature especially.

Lisa, I'm glad that you are comfortable with your decision regarding weight loss. Good luck with escrow, I know it can be tough to wait it out. I'm not sure why you think the Geri knows who's behind all you bulletin board woes, but I think you are mistaken. Good luck in your personal journey, wherever it may take you. I wish you only the best.

Big Ole "howdy" to all you lovely ladies I didn't have time to get personal with!!!

The scale is again moving in my favor, but I'm afraid to talk about it too much and jinx it! Weigh in tomorrow will tell for sure. Logan is restless so I'm up way past my bedtime, but now I'm getting sleepy so I need to sign off.

Looking forward to chatting in between packing with everyone tomorrow.

cheers,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:51 AM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Monday Morning

Hi Ladies. Hope everyone had a great night. I actually slept all night in my bed. Andrew didn't wake up at all. That only happens every once in a while. Sorry I didn't check back in yesterday. We went grocery shopping then came home and had a nap then went to the church picnic. That was difficult with Andrew. It was crowded so I had to hold him most of the time, he weighs 33 lbs. plus didn't want to be held. Anyways, we stayed about an hour and it was fun. It started off VBS which starts tonight and this will be Alisa's first time. She is gonna get scared and try not to go but I keep telling her she will have so much fun. Speaking of, do any of you have the kind of kids that don't do ANYTHING w/o you because they're too attached? I mean Alisa gets scared to do EVERYTHING and it's rubbing off on Ally. I hate that but there's nothing I can do about it.

Lisa, glad about the house and to know you're happy with your weight. That is really great. Sorry we won't be seeing much of you but you are going to be really busy.

Geri, you sound like a busy mama this weekend, of course you always seem busy.

Penny, glad VBS is going well.

Angel, that is so great about your kids. How old are they? I'm happy for them.

Leigh, how was your dinner out last night or with friends?

Di, hi to you. Hope you had a good weekend.

Jaymi, don't think you're not doing your part. We are here to help you get through tough times. Fortunately all of our tough times come at different times, so we are here to help you get on your feet, then you'll be ready to help the next person that goes through some tough times. Hang in there.

Hi to everyone else. Today I'm staying home to clean clean clean. I've got things to do the rest of the week so cleaning is today. I'll fit a nap in there somehow. Well, I'll check in later. TTYL
Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!!!

Crystal - Take it easy with the cleaning girly Don't over do it!! I couldn't stand the smell of cleaning products when I was pregnant YUCK!!!! I'm soo glad you are feeling better Have a great day!!

Geri!!!! Thanks for the info on WW!! Things are going good here, I did decide to go the WW route and kind of combine programs like Di I think the pts will be good for the summer especially since I don't like to cook indoors in the summer so The WW meals will be good for that . How are those rascally boys? My monster girls are already up and at em lol .

Di so glad you are doing well op!!! You are doing great!!! Anything fun planned for today?

Lisa first I would like to say how great that is that you are getting a new home!! How wonderful! Second, I'm glad you are comfortable with your decision about Weight loss.
Third, We have had a discussion about your posts being deleted a week or so ago and we were assured by the board operators that the only way that your posts could be remove is if you did it yourself or if someone you know that knew your password did it. I have been checking to see if you have logged in recently and had noticed that you were here on the 4th of july or someone logged under your name was Also I don't know if that was a personal attack on Geri but I don't think she has any clue who sent you those emails, all she was saying is that she was dismayed that someone on these boards would do that. We are a really close knit group of women here and look out for each other, It is sad that you find you can't make a place here for yourself. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Spryng - I know you had a great weekend!! Details we want details!!!!

Leigh - How was the BBQ last night? How is liam doing? Teagan Stood up without holding on to anything for about 10 seconds last night it was sooo cute!!

Well I'm going to lurk around the boards some more, TTYL!!!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote