Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-09-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat - July 9th

Good Morning,

Today is clean out the toy box and head on up to the christmas tree store (not to buy christmas stuff, its a year round store w/different stuff) I don't need anything there but my Sis wants to go, so I'll tag along lol.

Today is my 2nd day back on Atkins Induction and I feel pretty good.

I took myself off of Welbutrin b/c I was feeling extremely nasty the past couple of weeks. The doc was okay w/it. They are so weird...long story. Some times I swear they DON'T listen to you, okay all the time LOL.

How's everyone's Friday??

Any good plans for the weekend ???
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Happy Friday!

Hi Gals!
Hugs to everyone and thanks for the hugs Liz girl!

I am "up & at 'em" this morning........glad I can drive and get in my normal routine! This weekend I am going to a baby shower,wedding & fancy reception at a Horse Farm...............and a cook-out Sun.. evening! So to tell you the truth for once.I am going to "kick-back" and enjoy the week-end! However I have not bought the gifts yet! With people registering for just what they want now days it is a cinch!

I have made several batches of soap to go along with the gift..............a gift shop I make soap for called and a customer wanted 50 little butterfly soaps! So I made those and have them ready to take.Actually the little ones are the ones I make the most profit on!

Cathy..........make me a paycheck when you are doing payroll today!
Leens................buy some more little nic nacs that junk up the house!
Lynnie.....cheer up and get back in your healthy routine...we all fall down
at times!
Liz.............give yourself a hug back...you sound like such a GOOD Mommy!(seriously I mean that)
April.get some light! Meet some friends for coffee!
Dont you wish we could all meet for coffee?

Take Care
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

sorry I'm so late getting here today. It's crazy busy around this office! LOL

Leenie - I think walking around a Christmas store in July sounds like fun! Do the keep the a/c way down so it is nice and cold in the store? congrats on your 2nd day of atkins! glad ya feel good! hope it all works out with the anti depressants, one way or the other - you know your body better then anyone!

Cin - wow you sure are a busy little bee. weren't you suppose to be taking it easy! glad you're feeling good and up to running around! and yes yes yes I would love for all of us to meet for coffee! that would be a blast! oh btw - I have your check ready - come see me to get it!

Lynnie - sometimes we have to get down, to pick ourselves back up and get our rear in gear! Girlie you know what to do. come on and we'll cheer you on!

Liz - right back at ya with that great big HUG! are you working a lot this week?

April - hope today is a good day!

SueMarie - step away from that BBQ girlie! hehehehe

JudoMom - I'm praying for you, your family and your son! I'm here if you need to talk - really!

I can't remember if anyone else posted yesterday - hope I didn't miss anybody!

I got up early and did my 2 mile WATP.

I will check back later on my buddies!

hugs,
cathy

July Miles = 11
Strength Sessions = 2
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #4  

HIello everyone! I woke up this morning feeling 150% better than I did yesterday. That atrial fibrillaton is a pain in the butt! I know the procedure now~meds and BP and heart rate checks but I feel so crappy! I'm told that I an lucky(?) cause I feel icky when it happens. Some people don't and don't realize that their heart isn't beating right. Anyway, am fine and on my way to a busy weekend.

Tonight R and I meet the neighbor who plays the organ at church to record a CD of her music for the outdoor service on Sunday. Saturday AM we set up for the service and pray for dry weather. In the afternoon, we shop and I make deviled eggs for the anniversary get together of another neighbor on Sunday after the outdoor service. They've been married 33 years!

We all are busy-busy getting ready for the Ordination of our new Pastor in August. I talked with the school secretary yesterday(also a neighbor) and calmed the child down. I was told that our new pastor wants to baptize his new baby on the morning of his Ordination...more complications. we have no idea what we're doing, folks, but, as usual we'll wing it! We're blessed with very strong leadership in our church and a strong commitment to it.

Have a good weekend everyone and God bless!

P.S. I'm attempting to set up a Hotmail account. Having difficulty transferring folders to it from the goofy Yahoo one. Have to cut and paste and it takes time. Time seems to be one thing I don't have on the computer since R works from home.

Last edited by Tippy; 07-09-2004 at 12:04 PM.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

good morning ladies.. picked up hub and daughter from airport last night.. it's a 2.5 hour drive back home.. hub couldn't get on same flight as provincial team, so daughter's plane got in at 8 pm, his just after midnight... we're all just kinda/sorta rolling out of bed...

Cathy *hug.. thanks for the warm thoughts.. we continue to deal with the fall out here.. and now that son is on stress leave from work, he has to fill out unemployment insurance papers because the benefits are coordinated with work's... the paper trail for this stress leave from work is unreal... I don't know how someone could deal with it on their own... he's staying with us right now, and that doesn't go well with daughter.. there is long standing resentment and anger on her part... it's amazing the toll depression and mental health issues take on families....

next week is our 25th.. I don' t know if we're even up to dinner out.. I got hub a beautiful dress watch with a small diamond in it.. had it engraved... he can't wear any jewellry at all to his job (safety issues.. heavy machinery) so I wanted this to be special.

have a nice day everyone.. the rain has finally stopped here, so I'm taking the car for an oil change, going to do the gym thing, and then maybe some yard work.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Tippy! glad you're feeling better! sounds like ya'll sure are busy up there! tell your dh I said to let you have some puter time so that you can play with us! with the problems with your email....have you been getting the few emails I have sent you? just wondering?

Hey JudoMom - CONGRATS on the 25th wedding anniversary next week! Me and my dh will also be married for 25 years on Sept 1! I hope you don't mind if I offer some friendly advice...I really think that you and your dh need to at least go out on your anniversary and have a nice, quiet supper, just the two of you! Even if you don't feel up to it, once you get there, you will enjoy yourself, and get a little break from the things going on. Look I know that the problems with your son are never out of your mind (believe me I know that) but even a little physical break from the situation is something. Please please please do all that you can so that you and dh can have a nice supper out. And you could have your daughter stay at a friends house while ya'll are out eating, so that you don't have to worry if your son and daughter are at home getting on each others nerves. Just some friendly advice (that wasn't asked for) because I've sort of been there and I really care about you! hugs!

And the dress watch sounds REALLY NICE!

have fun at the gym!

Last edited by cathyxxx; 07-09-2004 at 01:54 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #7  

Good morning ladies

DH & I were up early today....at 6....we went to a breakfast.....it was a friend's birthday......at the White Spot.....there were 6 of us there.....it was my turn to buy the gift.....I did that okay & got the card....but I was supposed to call a few people to tell them about the breakfast.....I forgot.....not feeling good for more than a month...from going off the Celexa.....I forgot to call them...1 was in town....the other 2 were out of town.

I am feeling good today....yesterday was a different story....so sad for a few hours in the later afternoon....then by the evening.....was okay.....DH is so good to me....he made supper yesterday....brought it downstairs to me when I wasn't feeling good. I did go to sleep last night okay & slept....that is good.

It is overcast today....gloomy....I sat at the light box this morning....last night it rained. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from breakfast to get milk. The naturopath told me to cut out dairy & eggs for a month....he said food allergies can affect mood....well....I lasted 3 days.....I don't think I can go without my milk.

Leenie.....sometimes I also think doctors don't listen to you either.....the side effects from these antidepressants can be terrible.....I know.

Cin.....I did get some light....the light box....also I have some full spectrum light bulbs.....& the full spectrum florescant tubes for the kitchen....the naturopath said I should buy them. I put 2 in the bathroom....he said....when you first wake up in the morning & go in the bathroom......& turn on the light....if you have full sprectrum light bulbs in the bathroom....the light affects the pineal gland.....I think it is in the brain....supposed to make you feel better.
I also put one of these light bulbs in the computer room.

Cathy.....today is a good day.

Tippy.....you sound so busy.....with all the sewing you do....I used to sew.....but that was years ago.

JudoMom......yes it is amazing the toll depression does make on families.....it runs in my family.....2 DSs have had it....some of my siblings have it.
One of my sisters doesn't seem to want to talk to me ever since 3 winters ago when I got really depressed......I try not to talk to her about the depression.......she doen't call hardly at all anymore.....it's like she thinks depression is all in your mind.....heaven forbid she should call when I am really sad.....she did that in June....when she asked me how I was feeling.....I was going to say okay....but I wasn't okay.....so I said I wasn't okay....she quickly changed the subject.
When DS1 was so depressed some years ago....it was Christmas.....DH found it hard.

I should go & get something done here.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #8  

JudoMom......Happy 25th Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Cathy.....it would be good for you & your DH if you went out for your anniversary.....even if just the 2 of you go for a quiet dinner.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:27 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies!

Leenie – Yeah… it’s my biggest downfall… course I also make the meanest ribs in the world… okie well at least in my family. Whenever there’s BBQ season, they call James and I up to come BBQ. Evil I tell ya This new diet program helps a lot tho… If I go over, it has like a little section called a bank… I’m like 600 calories in debt The sad thing is, I’ve also increased my calories to 2000… EEK! But exercise works it off and if say one day I eat under 2000… for example 1700. It puts 300 in the bank for me. After I had read and discussed some posts about calorie cycling, I thought this was the greatest program when I saw it did that. Lets see if I can end the week with some Calories left in the bank. To bad I can’t cash them out to go shopping

CIN – I have to be honest. I bought my stepdaughter a soap kit, where you can make all sorts or soap shapes. Well… I used it instead of her… heheh it was rather interesting. It must be nice to have that "up & at 'em" feeling… I wish I could kick start mine. I guess being sick and then going on vacation really stuck everything into Lazy mode. It’s all slowly, and I mean VERY slowly, coming back. You definitely sound like you’ve got a busy weekend ahead of you hehehe. It would be nice to grab a coffee with everyone, just to bad we live at all four corners of the Earth

Anyone Own a Leer Jet??

Cathyxxx – OOH OOH! Can I have a check to? I’m a little short on paying my tuition I wanted to ask you how do you like your new video tapes? I also heard you gained some weight? Unless I am not remembering correctly. You know what you should do. I bought one of those like tape measurers, the flimsy kind. You should take measurements of your body part (ooh that sounds wrong). But I might have an idea about the weight gain. When I joined 24 hour Fitness 2-3 years ago to try to lose weight, They did the whole measurement thing and I ended up gained like 12lbs *BUT* I lost 3 inches around my legs and 4 inches chest area. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. It’s possible with the “Lifting Weight 2 lose weight” video you might be toning up some muscle.

Tippy – I am glad you are feeling better today… it must be a scary feeling. I remember when I was having anxiety attacks I would often feel like fast hard heart beats. It was the scariest feeling in the world.

Judomom – Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary. The watch sounds like a wonderful idea.

April99 – Yesterday must have been one of those days for everyone. Everyone seemed to be down and out and today mostly everyone seems to be perking up. Glad you are feeling better!

I’m doing well, yesterday I stayed under calories, so as mentioned before that should add to my bank I have found that the Yoplait Nouriche just isn’t to my liking. It’s rather think and it has a sour bitter after taste, but those Dannon Light –n- Fit Smoothies are actually pretty good. Maybe I’m just weird heheeh… As for the weekend, nothing really big planned… I’ll be going to the races. My friends kids race cruisers and super stocks and I go to cheer them on. I won free tickets this weekend so that definitely helps the motivation those tickets get pretty expensive after a while. I’ve gotten back into scrapbooking so I’ve been working on a layout for this past vacation. Even got the kid into it lol…she’s just as bad as me, everytime we goto Michael’s we ended up spending hours there and too much money *grin* Hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend.

Alrighty, I will catch you ladies later!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:45 AM   #10  

Default Sorry I have been away

......well not really away but busy busy.....I have done more cleaning, organizing and sorting in the past week then I have in six months....we decided to do a garage sale....so every cupboard, drawer and corner has been tidied up.......it really needed it......I feel so good right now and I don't know how long it will last so I am running with it!

I did not work at all from Monday-thursday........working today and tomorrow and then leaving for a holiday for a week with my mom and my two girls.....hubby and the dog are staying home! We are going to BC........in the mountains to visit an aunt.........It won't be restful but a great opportunity to make memories with the girls and keep mom company while she visits her sick sister.

See ya all soon!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote