Old 07-09-2004, 07:53 AM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #212

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:23 AM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Well, it's here . . .

My WI day! And I am down 1 pound to 157, which I already shared with you earlier because that brings my total loss to 15 pounds. I'm one pound away from the halfway point.

I had eggbeaters and an alternative bagel for breakfast. The bagels taste good - I still can't believe they're just one point. They are smaller than a regular bagel - about the size of a Lender's bagel.

Cindi - sorry you missed the appointment - that sounds like something I'd do. Oh, yeah, I used to be all organized and together, but post baby, everything changes! Anyway, I hope you get that all cleared up. My reward for 15 lbs is some new hair care products I'd like to try (I'll order them today) I'm hoping to give my curles more definition

Mel - Thank you so much for the clothing - can't wait to see it! DH will tell you, I love baby/children's clothes. My dream is a pantry too! Well, one of my storage dreams - there are many. We're saving up money before we can do some home improvements. As for exercise, do you like the idea of workout videos? The Walk Away the Pounds series with Leslie Sansone is good. I do one of my many videos on days when weather/time doesn't permit a walk outside. Everyone meeting would be fun!

Geri - great job with all the exercise!

Angel- Hi! Don't beat yourself up too much about your food choices yesterday, just get back on track today and focus on the future.

Jaymi- great job with the workout videos! Good for you.

Michelle- your ideas for the anniversary sound romantic and wonderful. I know DH will be touched.

Hi, Crystal!

Well, I'm back to walking in the park at 9! Then I'll do my 15 minutes of arm toning later. That will bring my workouts this week to 5 (so far), which means I can buy one gift card! I'm going to get one from Sephora - do any of you have one near you? You can shop online too, but the actual store is soooo much fun. Row after row of cosmetics, body products, hair products . . . okay, enough drooling from me for now.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:22 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies,

Leigh,
Oh how fun! Congrats on the official loss

Michelle,
How exciting. I know how you feel about not having a honeymoon. Hunter was 4 weeks old when Brad and I got married. It sounds like you have a wonderful plan. I know you will have a wonderful time! When is your anni?

Mel,
What is your name? Is it Mel? I just keep saying Mel but wasn't sure..... LOL
We can get back on track together on Monday. I am on track but not to the fullest like I should be. If you want we can do some kind of challenge or something..... I have done one before where the first person who strays from plan has to send the other one a card. I know dorkey....... LOL OK We have had enough organizing! let's stop now..... LOL

Geri,
I love the zoo too. How did the kids do? Not sure if you said and I missed it. LOL Congrats on the exercise! Keep it up!

Kristin,
Are you organizing the kids toys today??? HUH HUH HUH?? LOL

Spryng,
Hope you are having a wonderful time!!

Jaymi,
I have used and made that recipe before. The family really loves it! Thanks for sharing.

Ginny,
Hope you are having a good day!

Ricci,
How are you doing???

Cindi,
That is wonderful that the people at church are buying you new glasses. Everyone needs alittle help sometimes! Sorry about the pink eye Hope you start feeling better soon!

Di,
How is everything going getting things packed? I know packing is even stressful sometimes.... LOL

Melinda,
Hope you had fun at the children's museum. I know you have been doing great. Why is the metal monster not cooperating???

I think I am gonna take the kids somewhere today. Not sure where yet but I want to do something special with them. I have been cleaning and organizing so much I feel like I have been neglecting them.....

Have a great day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!!

I stayed op really well yesterday and today I ordered WW material off ebay so it should be here soon

Penny - How is the organizing going? My anniversary is sept 7. It should be great, I can't wait.

Leigh Way to go on the 1lb loss!!! Keep up the great work!!

Geri have fun today!!

Sorry I'm a bit short on time but Hello to everyone else!!!
I'll post later!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #5  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! I am soo tired, I stayed up until 2:30 reading last night , good book for sure! I definately need to wake up still, I layed in bed w/ my dd for like an hour and just watched cartoons with her...it was nice, but I have so much to do today. I feel so incredibly disorganized, gggrrrr! I look at my planner and it is blank, I keep forgetting to write stuff down, that will be my goal today along with the laundry that is going to take over the world and yes Penny, organizing toys! NOt before I get a good walk/run in today though, I need it to wake up! Don't know what to eat today, I am not hungry and indulged a little too much last night and got 2 churros from Taco Johns, and a regular coke, god, I'm a sucker for fried food!

Leigh - Congrats on the lose !!! hey, one pound is one pound, that is 4 sticks of butter! great job!

Cindi - sorry you miseed your appointment, i know how you feel, I would leave home without my head most days, if it wasn't attached! !

Mel - congrats on all the organizing, it feels good doesn't it?!??! Penny would know, she is the current organizing guru! haha!

Geri - Hi nice to here you are doing good witht he esxercising!

Michelle - that sounds like an awesome anniversary, I'm sure DH will be very touched, and hopefully it will help to spice things up after the movies! lmao! Way to go for ordering the WW plan, I'm sure you will like it, it seems easy to me!

Penny - Yes I am planning to organize toys today, unless for some reason it is beautiful outside and the fresh air just calls to me! lol ! Have funw hatever you decide to do with the kids today! It will be a nice break for you and them!

Spryng - Hope you are having fun with DH!!!!!!!

CIndi - Sorry to hear about your Pink EYe, it is so wonderful that your church is helping you guys out, it is a blessing to be involved in a church that cares for you that much! Keep your head up, adn hopefully you will start feeling better soon!

Hello to you Di ! You too Ricci, and you Ginny! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

and Crystal how are you feeling?

Jaymi - keep pugging sister, you'll get where you want to be!

Angel - today is a new day, don't worry about yesterday!

Melinda - I can't remember if I officially met you yet?!?! I am Kristin Sahm to one, Sydney 2 1/2....Sounds like you have been doing great, hope the childrens museum was fun, i love ours too!

If there was anyone I forgot, I'm sorry, off to get some fresh air and exercise! I'll check back in later!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:15 PM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Hi all I did my walk and toning tape, so I've completed 2 workouts today! Liam was really good. Slept for the whole walk in the park, then just played on the floor while I did my arm exercises.

Penny - what did you end up doing with the children? Hope you have/had fun.

Michelle- I bet your excited for your stuff to arrive! I ordered mine off ebay too and had to kind of do approximate point values in my head until it arrived

Kristin-yes, I definitely know a pound is a pound, especially after the way I ate on Sunday I'm just glad the scale went down at all. What book are you reading?

Well, Liam's asleep so I'm going to make some phone calls and pay a few bills. Not sure if lunch will be a Boca burger or one of my WW meals. TTYL!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #7  

Yeah Leigh!! Congrats on the official loss!!! Tell me about the new bagels you found. I'm a big bagel junkie and I'm excited about a 1 point bagel. Sounds too good to be true! So where do you buy it and what's the name again?

Penny sounds like you are all due for a fun day. I always feel guilty too when I spend to much time cleaning and not playing. Right now I'm just making a list of what to pack. I'm trying to keep it to bare minimums, because we will be carting a lot of stuff home after their birthday party. Hope you have a fun day!

Michelle, that's so exciting about planning an anniversary! I agree with all the wonderful suggestions the ladies already gave you. Sounds like you are going to have a good time! So what all did you order for W. Watchers stuff? When do you get it? good luck with it all.

Kristen what are you reading that got you up till the wee hours of the morning??? I just started a book called "The Story of Pi" I just started it, so I'm not totally sucked into it yet. I can stay up all night for a good book as well. I'm trying to be better about my sleep though. I took some Valarian root (herb) last night to help me sleep. Worked like a charm and not groggy today! Still, I will definately have my coffee later, because that's more like a treat to me than anything else.

Well, my weight has been yo-yoing off and on the same damned 3 pounds forever. I'm sick of talking about it, and I'm sure you are sick of hearing about it. I need to really buckle down and write down everything I eat, so far I've just been keeping track of points on my fridge, but that doesn't seem to be cutting it. I really want to stay OP while at my sister's house, so I need to figure this out this weekend. At least I'm not gaining, but everytime I see a loss of a couple of pounds, it's fleeting. I must be doing something to sabotage my weight loss, and I'm going to figure it out.

gotta go play with the kiddos and change some diapers. Hey there to anyone I couldn't get personal with.

-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #8  
**Kristin**

Back from my walk! It was so refreshing!

Leigh - I am reading "Lucky" by: Alice Sebold, I already read hre other one "The lovely bones", which was just as wonderful. I read 'The lovely bones" in one night...to tired to do that with this one, but I am 3/4 through it. Its the authors memoir of her rape and the aftermath...its a beatifully written book, as was t.l.b. that I read first!

Hello to all the the other SAHMS out there! Hope you all are having a wonderful and OP day!
Just wanted to share this poem with you all, it is really good, I have it hanging now in my family room!

First I'll be a Mother

Some houses seem to hide the fact
There are children living there
Ours boasts of it quite openly
the signs are everywhere
For smears are on the windows
Little smudges on the door
I guess I should apologize
For the toys strewn on the floor
But I sat down with the children
We played and laughed and read
So if the windows do not shine
Their eyes will shine instead
For there are times I'm forced to choose
The one job or the other
I like being a housewife
But first I'll be a mother
~unknown

I just love that poem. Hope you all enjoy it! I will check in later on after I get the munchkin down for a nap!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #9  

Leigh, Congrats on the weight loss .....Yahoooooo! Great job on getting in two workouts.

Penny, My name is Melissa. Calling me mel is fine, lots of people do. Yeh, lets do a challenge. We can figure out what type over the weekend. Sounds good.

Kristin, good for you, you're getting into the organizing mode too. It does feel good to get it all done. Dont' worry about the OE last night. Just start over today. Once in a while is not a big deal.

MIchelle, Glad you got some WW infor off ebay. Hope you got a great price.

Well, I am doing the wife and motherly duties today. Food shopping, Rx's pick up and Radio shack to exchange my broken portable dvd player. "Bugga Boo" was very cranky at the store and I now have a head ache. I am going to try to walk with him in my jogging stroller and let DD ride her bicycle.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #10  

Kristin, great poem! I love it.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #11  
**Kristin**

Good Afternoon Di ! I am actaully about 10 pges through life of Pi too! I wasn't sucked into it yet either, it was just all the history stuff, I hope its good, it should be, it got great reviews! I just stopped it to read the new Alice Sebold, I really love her work. Don't worry about us being sick of hearing about your 3lbs, girl that is what this place is for! Hope you get all the packing done, and have a great time, even with the negatives, I bet you can stay OP, we know you can do it! Okay, well now need to switch the laundry and get the kiddo down for a "snoozy" as we call it in our house!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Ladies....

I have to get some stuff done but I will check back in a little while.....

I didn't get to do anything with the kiddos b/c dh came home and asked Hunter & Nicholas if they wanted to go to work with daddy today! (only for two hours)

They were so excited b/c he has never taken them to work with him. He owns his own a/c business.

They got to put on their logo "work shirts" and took lunch boxes....... LOL

So me and Andrew snuck off to Good will to get rid of all this stuff I got rid of (nothing any of you would have wanted...)

Then I went to Wal Mart and bought me some boxed meals....

You guys made me want to get some..... LOL

Ok I gotta fold some clothes but I will be back in a bit!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Afternoon!
Di - we are not sick of hearing about your 3 pounds. I think your idea of carefully writing everything down is a great one. Maybe that will help - I find having to write it all down helps me a lot. Otherwise, I'm prone to mindless eating. The bagels are by Western Bagel and called Alternative Bagel http://westernbagel.com (you can find what stores carry them, etc.) they're low in carbs and fat, so might be good for you. They are good - not as good as an actual bagel, but not as bad as some pre-packaged bagels I've tried. They satisfy my bagel craving I, too, love bagels.

Kristin- I love that poem! I'm in the middle of a book called Naked for my book club, but have three other books lined up and waiting for the chance to read them. To think, I used to be able to read a book every few days!

Mel- hope you recover from your headache! That's no fun. I'm having a good day with Liam, but have been where you are, so I know what you mean Guess we all have . . .

Penny - what's this about boxed meals? Describe, descibe . . .

I'm using some flexpoints for dessert tonight. I want a malted milk shake!
TTYL
Old 07-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls this is gonna be a short post cuz I gotta get ready for work cuz someone called in so they want me to cover the shift ughhhh!!

I got about 15 smartones meals today at the store so I should have enough for awhile

Sounds like everyone is doing well, I'll check in when I get home at 11pm
TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:55 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey!

Leigh,
I meant the boxed ww meals.... LOL

BTW,
Heathly Choice gives you a $1.00/3 coupon if you sign up with them.... I bought some healthy choices meals and some smart ones........ But the healthy choice are higher in fat..... grrrrrrr......

Have a great day!

Be Back Later!