Old 07-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #1  

Default Analyze THIS!

Wow..what a moment of clarity I had earlier today. I was going through stacks of magazines and through bookshelves looking to get rid of excess "stuff". How very interesting that I subscribe to four cooking magazines and have over 200 cookbooks--in addition to every single weight loss book/tape/gadget that has come down the pike the last 20 years. Do you THINK I'm food focused?? LOL!!
Seems like such a contradiction, doesn't it? Read and fantasize about food and cooking yet keep grasping at every straw to lose weight. I guess I never quite realized the extent of my food obsession until I opened my eyes and saw the facts in front of me. Like they say..acknowledging the problem is half the battle!
Barb1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #2  
2006 - Panda Remix

My problem has always been the opposite Barb - I don't enjoy cooking so just order a takeaway! I've had to really discipline myself to cook a proper meal each night - it was hard at first but it's becoming second nature now.

I bet between all those cookbooks and slimming books, you must have some really tasty low fat recipes to try out!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

I totally agree with Amanda, use some of those books and get the benefit of having a big variety of new healthy things to try. It will make the "lifestyle change" much easier... One of my biggest problems with weight loss is I end up making the same things for dinner all the time, get sick of them then fall of track... Although, this time I've been looking and trying new recipes from lots of websites, so my variety of healthy dinners is huge and it keeps me on plan.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Funny, I looked on my bookshelf of current reads and they were Dr. Phil, Fit for Life and Chunk to Hunk. The only magazine I subscribe to are Shape and Fitness. You think I'd be a goddess by now.

Know what I did - I took all those books and took them downstairs and brought up Mystic River that I have been dying to read. (It's great so far!) I am going to start getting back to the person I really am.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote