Old 07-08-2004, 01:37 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default chit chat #58

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site!

We invite anyone reading this to join us for some humor, encouragement, applause, and most of all, friendship during your journey to a healthier lifestyle. We know that what you weigh is not who you are. The door is open - won't you join us?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Well girls...I'm still lurking around. I went around other threads and read some here and there. It's amazing how others lives are going you know? Makes me thankful for what I have and who I am. Very interesting reading.

Angie--Is your friend going to join our group sometime? Or have you said some scary things about us?? About the beans....they sure make me gassy. I read somewhere about how to fight bloat. I should find it and post it. Gave some good tips. I read about only for my grandma. She was constantly bloated and I some of the things actually helped. One was drinking from a straw. You suck in more air than you need to. She needed lots of water to help some of the chemo flush out...and someone gave her a big cup with a built in straw.....I told her to get rid of it and find a water bottle. There was other things in there too that I found helpful...if only I could remember!
James always tells me to buy Beano. Has anyone ever tried that????

Ok..I'm on a mission to find that article. See what I come up with.

Until then....

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:56 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Shanna - I see you're online... come on in and chat!

Marti - to answer two questions, 1) I get about 7 hours sleep, if I'm lucky. 2) yes, I've tried Beeno and it helps. Glad your g'pa is having fun.

Susan - S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! Wasn't that the Bay City Rollers biggest hit? It sure is a catchy little ditty. Btw, I also thought you said Brother!! See, Cristi, I need new glasses, too. My appt is for July 15, for real.

Jen - I'll send you a PM w/my addy. Then you'll have no excuse to not send me a postcard, lol. The thing about my belly is, it used to never be the worst part of me. My butt was. Well, that's still real bad, too, lol. And geez, my arms are terrible! Re: plastic surgery. If I could afford it, I'd get q-thing lifted after I lose all the weight! (medical abbreviations come back to a person, lol)

RosieKate - the calculator is fancier than the slider and more sturdy. Keep it in your purse for when you go to the grocery store. So glad you got the dining room suite! Did you check out the restaurants at the site I mentioned? You gotta! It's amazing!

Cristi - I think you oughta take piano lessons! It's never too late.... Have a safe trip. When are you coming back???

Angie - everyday, about 2 -2:30 I have to have a snack. A lot of times it's a bowl of cereal to help me get my milk in. If I'm going to be gone, I take something portable with me. like peanut butter on a graham cracker. Each evening, or right after breakfast, I write down exactly what I am going to eat and I think that is one of the things that has helped me stay OP. No rifling through the cabinets and frig, lol.

I'm going shopping today with Madison. It's her turn, lol. I am going to pick up some of those thingies you put on the back of your rings to keep them from falling off. When I've lost all I want to, I'll have them re-sized. Btw, I've lost 1/2 a shoe size! When I get upset about my belly, I'll remember these good things, right?

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:17 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies~

Just a quickie here as I need to get in the shower and out the door at 10. I am hoping we have good weather. It is supposed to thunderstorm in KC today and tomorrow, but in the evening I think, and that was yesterday so...you never know.

Susan~I am going to Kansas City for a Jessica Simpson concert, yippee! NOT! Got free tickets and while I like watching her on tv, and listening to her music, I'm not really crazy about seeing her in concert. But it is something to do, and I haven't been to KC in a while, so it's a short road trip.

Jana~1/2 a shoe size-wow! That is so cool. I have always been a little embarrassed of having big feet. I used to wear a 8.5 until I got pregnant and went up to a 9-9.5 and now depending on the shoe I wear a 9.5-10! Have fun with Madison today. You are such a great grandma! I look so forward to being one someday-I will definitely spoil my grandkids rotten. It's just an overnight thing, I'll be back tomorrow sometime. And thank you. We are just going to take our time to and fro.

Angie and Marti~I too usually get hungry about 3 pm. I have been doing good lately though and grabbing a piece of fruit or a yogurt, usually a banana. That usually helps till dinner, and if I have dessert I am fine the rest of the night. Last night for dessert I had about 4 strawberries w/some light cool whip.

But I do understand about the eating Marti, I think we all do. TOM is the worst and I am so glad that mine is not regular anymore. I hadn't had one for 6 months and then boom, had one. Now back to not having one.

Okay ladies I said this was going to be quick and here I am babbling.

Hi to everyone else.

Have a wonderful day ladies and I will chat with ya when I get back.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #5  
RosieKate

Good morning ladies

Pacific City was fun, but not relaxing. Just couldn't stay long enough. Weather was great, lots of cousins for DS to play with, sunny day, had a great time. Glad to be home.

Susan - Sounds like you and Gabs' dad are doing lot of driving - sounds like he lives in Astoria? But it is so worth it for your daughter's sake. I know the play area you are talking about up at the Rose Garden - it's alot of fun! Gabrielle will be one tired pumpkin after playing there with her dad.

Marti - I live in Southwest Portland in a neighborhood call Multnomah Village. Lots of antiques stores, restaurants, and a great independent bookseller called Annie Bloom's. Lots of charm. Susan's older daughters live in the area and attended the same grade school as my son. Small world, huh. Pacific City was a 2 - 2.5 hour drive from my house. Kids were a pain on the way there, but both slept on the way home - yeah! Hey, I get real susceptible around TOM time - I'll join the pity party. I like a glass of wine or two, then that triggers my salt cravings - then we're off to the races. Trying to keep wine out of the house during my TOM.

Jana - I've been checking out dwlz.com, and it is great. I love that picture of her on the home page. The restaurant guide and food lists are impressive, to be sure. I couldn't find a search function - is there one I'm missing? If there isn't, that would be my only complaint. I like to be able to type in a key word and narrow it down, as opposed to browsing. I guess I need to just get more familiar with her organization.

Christi - I wear a size 9 shoe, and I'm 5'4". It's bizarre, no other women in my family have feet this big. It's a mystery. Have fun at Jessica Simpson.... or at least enjoy the time out and, you know, free is a very good price!

Hello to everyone else...Question of the day.: Jana mentioned resizing her rings and that got me thinking about some of the things I'm promising myself to do when I get to my weight loss goal. Resizing my wedding ring is one of them - haven't worn mine in three years...since I was about 5 months pregnant w/Leigh. I also was toying with the whole tummy tuck idea, if I can afford it. I've had 2 C-sections and the skin around my midsection is loose. If I get to goal and it's still there, I want it gone!

While I do believe that weight loss isn't going to fix any problems in my life other than just be a healthier, more active person, I do think it's helpful to dangle a little carrot in front of my nose, you know? The other thing I'm toying with for a reward at goal is getting a Sharon Stone-type buzz and doing something funky with my haircolor. One of the things about my current weight that I absolutely do not like is how fat my face looks. Hate seeing myself in pictures. So when the weight comes off...I'll be in the mood for a dramatic statement.

Anyway - there's my thought for the day! Ciao for now....
RosieKate
Old 07-08-2004, 02:02 PM   #6  

Hello everyone-

Jana--When are you taking ME shopping?? You must be so fun to be with. I hope we can meet sometime next summer!! You got me in the mood for shopping....I'm hoping to go to some of the farms this Friday with Shanna, get some fresh veggies and fruits. Plus, I love visiting farms!

Cristi--Have lots of fun today!! How did you get free tickets? I've never been to a concert. Maybe someday..... Go have fun and enjoy every minute!!

RosieKate--I'm going to have to get my road map out and see where exactly it is that you live. I know the name but can't think where it's located at. So when are you and Susan going to meet up and have coffee?? When are the Oregon girls going to meet and chat?? I would love to meet up sometime, maybe in between me, Shanna and you two......would be fun. We ought to think about that sometime!!

Well, TOM has officially hit. I've been bloated and cramping the past couple days and today it's really bad. Need to take some IBprofin to ease it up. Never fun. Especially in the summer!! I always get extra HOT!! Like I'm going through the "change" and having hot flashes!! Which I have to say I am NOT looking forward to....I believe I will have them bad. With both pregnancies...I had them often!! Thought I would pass out!!

Ok...I need to get my day moving. It's almost noon and I haven't done anything yet!!

BBL

Marti
Old 07-08-2004, 05:07 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

I wanna go shopping Mom!!!! I always thought I was your favorite, now I am getting jealous of Madison!!! lol

omg- Gabster and I went to Starbucks this morning (out at the Beaverton Mall- RosieKate) and I had coffee-- of course --and she had a Smoothie. I could have sworn it said yogurt....lol....so, she shared my low fat raisin dolace....and spilled the Smootie all over my pants and feet......grrrrrr.
We went into the mall , which they have redone, looks very nice. Spent some time in the pet store and Gabster coo 'd (is that a word???) over the doggies,,,,,,,so cute.
After that we went to WINCO and bought some much needed food. Heard through the grapevine that "mom and child" can not live on Kettle Korn alone......

I DID make it down to 142!! YAY.......btw- Marti.....I had doritoes and raspberry beer last saturday night. Don't know why I did that but it sounded good and I was by myself,,,,,,,,and the beer went with the doritoes....lol.....anyway, that is a once a year thing......the corn chips were sooooooo good.......

S*A*T*U*R*D*A*Y N*I*G*H*T.......was there only hit Jana......lol. I adored Woody though. What a cutie.....

Gabster's father actually lives in Seaside- RK.....in the shadow of the new "time shares" they built on the prom.....like 2 blocks down......there is an espresso on the corner.......he was in Gearhart before that and Seaside when I met him. Think he is making his way down the coast or something...lol....he will be in Pacific City sometime next year.....lol.

Anyway, he is in PDX tonight!! It is kind of exciting.....Gaby is going to have her first sleep over. I made tuna casserole and will go get her in Milwaukie on my hour dinner break...........this will be during rush hour, not looking forward to it....

I wanna go shopping and go to Cuba!!! lol

I better go....waaaaaay too happy today. Just learned that along with a raise we get another one on top of that........because we work after hour shifts.......this is all because we got voted in the union! YAY.........love $$$$$.

btw- I have a 9 1/2 foot - wide am 5'4.....lol........

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:33 PM   #8  
Give me strength

I have 9.5 wide....I am flat footed,,,double yay!

today was a ho hum day,,,nothing exciting happening,,,my friend Georgia called to remind me that we are going to George Straite next week.
Plus Mavericks plus a staggett next week will not be a ho hum week...lol dust off my boots and cowboys hat time.

Well I need to check out what kind of needles we have to get before leaving ....yuck

angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Having flat feet is just wrong Angie!!! I don't know if I can still be friends with you.........lol

What kind of needles are you getting?? You are taking them to a concert??

What about your picture Cristi??

No one ever answers me!!! lol

Put the toner in wrong for the copy machine so had the service man come out and fix my little mess. He said it wasn't too bad that the worse calls are from the college.....people with degree''s & such.............. So that made me feel better..........I guess...lol

Going to walk over and get my casserole in the oven- go get Gaby in 40 minutes......so exciting!

ttfn
Old 07-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Susan - momma's here, hon...lol. YAY for you getting to 142 So glad you are happy and really, really glad about the shift differential raise!! You deserve it!

Cristi - hope you have a good time in KC! I know you and Brandon will have fun together.

RosieKate - not sure of the search function at Dottie's. I don't post there, but only go for restaurant updates, lol. Speaking of changes, I'm letting my hair grow, and am getting the rimless glasses soon. Gotta start somewhere, lol. And I do want to get some stuff lifted and tucked, but can't see myself really doing it...

Marti - well, you can go shopping if you'll fit in the little seat in the cart! With your legs dangling through, lol. Yes, I hope we really do all get together next year some time. Hope you cooled off! When I went through the change, I froze my poor family out, lol.

Angie - well, Yee-haw!! I wanna go, too!!!!! George is so good... Check yes or No is one of my favorites. He's a lot cuter now that he's older, don't you think so?

Angie and Jen - I just read where PMs may not be working correctly.... I sent each of you my info. Did you get it??

I'm done with the dreadmill.... er, treadmill for the day, and went to take a bubble bath and had a TICK on me! I flung it, then couldn't find it, so I got myself out of the tub in lightening speed, lol. Had no clue I could move so fast! I still feel like the little sucker is on me somewhere....

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:03 PM   #11  

Love the new picture Jana!!!!

Ok....everyone is talking about size of their feet....am I the only one with a size 6? Sometimes is 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 depending on the shoe. How in the world do I stand and keep my balance??

Angie--Needles?? I don't understand...what are they for? Before a concert? Are you going to stick people??? I tried scrolling down to see if I missed something but just saw that you're going to get them.

Susan--Good for you for getting to 142!! (that wasn't suppose to rhyme!!) And where did you hear that you're can't live on Kettle Corn alone??? Hmmmm...?

Jana--Love the picture! Love your smile! As for sitting in the cart....my legs will hang!! I just don't think my butt will fit, and if it does, it may become a permanent fixture!!

Well I've had a pretty good day today. Just relaxed for most of it. Then went out to my aunts and had a chitchat with her and my cousin. They were working on their garden when I stopped by. Full of herbs!! Smelled soooooo good!! They gave me a bunch of Rosemary. I will have to come back later for fresh Oregano, and basil, and bay leaves. Just love all that stuff fresh out of the garden!! After that I went to grandpa's to finish my patio swing. Got as much of it as I can painted. Will pick it up this weekend when James has off. I plan on buying two of grandpa's rockers he made. (I didn't want him to give them to me, don't want him thinking I'm trying to take advantage of him!!) So he decided to give me two for the price of one.

Anyway....I need to go make myself some dinner. Going to have a salad. Will be back to check in again.

Marti
Old 07-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

lol

I am on the run but...........I was 139. 5 a week or so ago........why the attention for 142??lol.....I need to be going back down. I figure by next week.
Tuna Casserole is calling my name tonight. LOVE kettle korn!!! I say we can live on that alone

Best get- talk more later........LOVE the new picture Jana!!! What a pretty mom I have!!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #13  
Give me strength

oops,,,I ment we need to get our needles for the trip,,,yellow fever and diptheria and all those other fun things...
Marti, I think we could get you into the cart question would be could we get you out....
Jana, love the pic...so summery.

well off for my walk...bought some Special K to get a walking meter.
Angie
Old 07-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #14  
Give me strength

HAve any of you clicked our names? I just tried so I could see Jana's pic better and it tells me how much she posts,,,to the point. Then I checked to see how much I do,,,
I post a lot more then you Jana,,,I talk too much...lol
yes Jana I did get your PM thank you...
ttfn
Angie
Old 07-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #15  

Susan--I could have sworn I cheered for you on the 139.5 mark.....better go back and check. I would love to be where you are right now!! I envy you girl......(do you see my green eyes?)

Angie--Thanks for the clarification on the needles!! As for the cart....I can just picture us all trying to get me out of one of those!! We would have a great audience I'm sure!

Jana--I see you online too!! Hello!